Carellen Smallwood might be a bastard

Vaedys Targaryen

I've been thinking this for a while now and I haven't seen anyone talk about it, but I think Carellen Smallwood, the daughter of Theomore Smallwood and Ravella Swann, is actually Tom of Sevenstreams' bastard.

We're told that Tom and Ravella were at one point lovers and she does not seem happy to see him:

But his lady wife was an old friend of Tom Sevenstrings, and Anguy said they'd once been lovers.

Lady Smallwood gave him a withering look. "Someone who doesn't rhyme carry on with Dondarrion, perhaps. Or play 'Oh, Lay My Sweet Lass Down in the Grass' to every milkmaid in the shire and leave two of them with big bellies."

"It was 'Let Me Drink Your Beauty,'" said Tom defensively, "and milkmaids are always glad to hear it. As was a certain highborn lady I do recall. I play to please."

Her nostrils flared. "The riverlands are full of maids you've pleased, all drinking tansy tea. You'd think a man as old as you would know to spill his seed on their bellies. Men will be calling you Tom Sevensons before much longer."

ASoS, Arya IV

We're also told that Tom has several sons, and they all have beautiful voices:

"As it happens," said Tom, "I passed seven many years ago. And fine boys they are too, with voices sweet as nightingales." Plainly he did not care for the subject.

ASoS, Arya IV

Carellen Smallwood is described thusly:

"I sent my daughter there [to Oldtown to the motherhouse where her great-aunt resides] when the war began. She'll have outgrown these things by the time she returns, no doubt. Are you fond of dancing, child? My Carellen's a lovely dancer. She sings beautifully as well. What do you like to do?"

ASoS, Arya IV

I know it really isn't much to go by, but I feel like it has validity and GRRM has given this pretty good story to such small characters.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Vaedys Targaryen
I made a small error

1 hour ago, TheLastWolf said:

Oh the BwB-LSH arc with the Jaime cliffhanger is rich alright! The Riverlands has one of the strongest setups leading to Winds. 

Definitely. I do wish that Beric was still around, but even without him, the story potential for the Brotherhood is more interesting to me than some of the main plots.