Danys prospects

On 1/16/2024 at 11:29 PM, astarkchoice said:

Huh? Robert and the starks havent really made any problems...other than roberts spending and maybe ned being a bit lazy aa warden of the north (lettint moat catlin rot more, the tower rot and not doing more for the watch) but other than that their rule has been peacful and good to the common people and lords alike. 

Jamie? Other than lead the westerlands army to glory then loss he has t really done anything significant for the realm other than save kingslanding from wildfire decades ago

The greyjoys have caused some issues but due to balon dying and stannis campaign a lot of their damage has  been negated

Robert was an incompetent who bankrupted Westeros.  And that after Aerys left a full treasury.  The Starks rebelled twice.  The Starks are mostly responsible for the current ills in Westeros.  Arya murdering the body guard in Braavos might end the negotiations and that will be bad for Westeros.  Jon betrayed the watch and that will mean it is weaker and cannot defend.

13 minutes ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

Robert was an incompetent who bankrupted Westeros.  And that after Aerys left a full treasury.  The Starks rebelled twice.  The Starks are mostly responsible for the current ills in Westeros.  Arya murdering the body guard in Braavos might end the negotiations and that will be bad for Westeros.  Jon betrayed the watch and that will mean it is weaker and cannot defend.

Come on man thats not even good trolling ya lil scamp

On 1/19/2024 at 8:27 AM, StarkTullies said:

Among the small but vocal fandom who believes that Targaryens have a divine right to rule because of their racial superiority and they are the champions of the world who nobly practiced incest for generations so they could wisely and knowingly resurrect a pure-blooded Azor Ahai, fulfilled by the birth of the perfect Emperess Daenerys Targaryen conceived by sibling-rape whose birth brought forth the worst storm in known history, I don't see much criticism of the Lannisters because they weren't part of the conspiracy theory "STAB Alliance".  The exception is Jaime, the worst of all Lannisters, because he was way out of line for stopping his Targaryen superior from setting fire to a city he had a right to burn because Kings Landing and all of Westeros belonged to him.

I would say that Lannisters generally getting a pass is odd because Tywin Lannister betrayed Mad King Targaryen... except Tywin more than made up for it by murdering a lot of Starks.  And this same fanbase apparently thinks that George is writing 4 of the 6 main characters- the Starks- as the story's ultra-villains whom Daenerys will heroically defeat.

It's absolutely ridiculous.

Both Starks and Targaryens have ample reason to hate hate Lannisters.

Dany's prospects aren't looking too good; she's stuck in the Dothraki Sea puking one way and excreting green slime the other, with a band of Dothraki bearing down on her, suffering visions that tell her "Dragons plant no trees", advice that she's likely to follow.

Edited by Angel Eyes

On 1/15/2024 at 6:25 PM, Him of Many Faces said:

The show is the show, but we can't ignore some obvious things it spoiled no matter how much we want to keep the books separate from it :/ We know the broad strokes about her ending. She will rule no empire.

The broad stroke is that she will die

Not that she will go inexplicably genocidal and crazy

1 hour ago, BlackLightning said:

The broad stroke is that she will die

Not that she will go inexplicably genocidal and crazy

My hope is (if Daenerys survives) that she does not win the IT, because she would hate it.

Daenerys actually finding some comfortable backwater would be a happy ending.

My expectation is that (as per show), Tyrion incites Jon to murder her, but this is *not* St. Tyrion, but Tyrion as Iago.

Edited by SeanF

1 hour ago, SeanF said:

My hope is (if Daenerys survives) that she does not win the IT, because she would hate it.

Daenerys actually finding some comfortable backwater would be a happy ending.

My expectation is that (as per show), Tyrion incites Jon to murder her, but this is *not* St. Tyrion, but Tyrion as Iago.

Yeah, I feel like Dany deciding to leave (or being forced to leave) Westeros and start over makes for a truly bittersweet ending for her. Basically, the show endings for Jon and Arya ending works better for Dany than it did for either one of them.

Dany doesn't even really like ruling; she is like Ned Stark. She only rules because she has to and because she wants to protect people. Dany would actually be very happy being married, barefoot and pregnant on some homestead; I just don't think she really knows it yet.

I think she's so preoccupied with Meereen that she doesn't understand that it's not a Meereen thing. She'd have similar feelings and problems in King's Landing as Queen of Westeros.

She doesn't even like sitting on that one bench in her hall in the Great Pyramid. She'd HATE sitting atop the Iron Throne.

And yes, she'd probably end up having Drogon destroy it.