UK politics - Weekend at Windsor

if they were trying to keep a lid on things they literally couldn't have done a worse job, all anyone is talking about at work is why the fuck are they lying about/not acknowledging that isn't her.  

In actual political news, inflation is down to 3.4%, I can't tell when i go shopping but there you go.  Hopefully interest rates will start to follow. One of my PC's has just been told his mortgage is going up by £700 a month, he was nearly in tears, there is no way he can cover that, and he is on half decent money (i think a top rate PC gets about 51 grand).  

I don't really care if savers lose out, if you have money saved you aren't the ones who are suffering, invest in the stock market, who leaves money in a bank anyway? Tory Boomers, that's who. 

55 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I don't really care if savers lose out, if you have money saved you aren't the ones who are suffering, invest in the stock market, who leaves money in a bank anyway? Tory Boomers, that's who. 

I understand the sentiment, the problem really was that interest rates went far too low in the first place and everyone got stupid mortgages they could never afford if interest rates went up to even a half normal level. I don’t blame people for doing that, because it’s almost impossible to buy a house without doing it because of how insane house prices have become ( in part due to interest rates)

Traditionally , actually putting some money away into a savings account was considered sensible and a good idea. It really shows how bonkers the economy has become that everyone thought the only good thing to do with your money was invest it in property 

Edited by Heartofice

Leaving aside people losing their shit over royal complete non stories and moving on to real issues that seriously impact the well being of the British public; Greggs is experiencing IT issues and has had to close some stores.

2 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

Leaving aside people losing their shit over royal complete non stories and moving on to real issues that seriously impact the well being of the British public; Greggs is experiencing IT issues and has had to close some stores.

This also happened to Sainsbury's on Saturday. Russian espionage almost certainly connected to Kate's disappearance.