Martin appearance in Raleigh

Anyone going? The Trinoc con website is painfully unhelpful in describing what George will be doing on each day. I was hoping someone here might shed some light.

Just in case, I did book a room. About an 8 hour drive, or by train. Or maybe Continental from EWR, about 3 some hours with the security contingent time. Or if the weather is good and forecast to remain so, a bit under 3 hours by the Cardinal. Decisions, decisions. Would need the OK for a vacation day on Friday.

Goldbricker,

The very front page of Trinoc-Con's site lists George's schedule.

I don't think it does a very good job of describing the events, however.

Thanks to everyone that replied. Hope to find some new friends and talk to some cool people while I'm there.

They're rather straightforward. "Meet the Guests" is a typical sort of meet-and-greet reception, where the guests and vistors to the con can mingle. The reading the next day needs no description. The Heroes and Villain panel doubtless will broadly discuss the topic -- heroes and villains -- in terms of things like what makes good heroes and villains, memorable heroes and villains, do we actually need identifiable heroes and villains, and whatever else the panel gets into its head. The scriptwring across media is a bit obscure, but I would guess that here they're looking at differences between TV vs. film vs. theatrical vs. comic book script writing.

Building Bridges is certainly obscure -- could be any number of things. The collaboration panel is also fairly obvious.

The only thing I wish they'd do is give more of an idea of who the participants are on the panels.

They're rather straightforward. "Meet the Guests" is a typical sort of meet-and-greet reception, where the guests and vistors to the con can mingle. The reading the next day needs no description. The Heroes and Villain panel doubtless will broadly discuss the topic -- heroes and villains -- in terms of things like what makes good heroes and villains, memorable heroes and villains, do we actually need identifiable heroes and villains, and whatever else the panel gets into its head. The scriptwring across media is a bit obscure, but I would guess that here they're looking at differences between TV vs. film vs. theatrical vs. comic book script writing.

Building Bridges is certainly obscure -- could be any number of things. The collaboration panel is also fairly obvious.

The only thing I wish they'd do is give more of an idea of who the participants are on the panels.

Why are you trying so hard to convince me? The description left me wanting more. So I asked around and I've received some informative posts and pms. Yours hasn't really been one of them.

Why are you trying so hard to convince me? The description left me wanting more. So I asked around and I've received some informative posts and pms. Yours hasn't really been one of them.

Umm someone is trying to be helpful and you act like that?

Is there something wrong with you?

Sorry but I have to ask since being rude to Ran is not generally accepted by anyone on this board.

Goldbricker,

I'm not trying to convince you that the Trinoc-Con site is _really_ informative, especially for a person who has never attended a con and so doesn't have a frame of reference for what programming tends to be like. I was attempting to helpfully explain what you could expect from the program items, drawing on my "extensive" (heh) SF con-attending experience.

Surely you're more informed now about what the program items mean than you were before I explained it. If not, horse to water and so on.

Yup...that's amazing. One asks for help and then attacks one of the people who tries to help.

Look I know I'm new here and should tread lightly, but go back and take a look at Ran's posts. He was acting like I shouldn't be asking the questions I was and was being all defensive about the Trinoc Con website like he wrote it or something. Besides I don't think I was exactly ATTACKING him. Just a little nudge.

Look I know I'm new here and should tread lightly, but go back and take a look at Ran's posts. He was acting like I shouldn't be asking the questions I was and was being all defensive about the Trinoc Con website like he wrote it or something. Besides I don't think I was exactly ATTACKING him. Just a little nudge.

No, he was just answering the questions with descriptives. that's all.

In all seriousness, if this back and forth bothered you, I would strongly advise you to avoid General Chatter at all costs. Thar Be Dragons in comparison.

Goldbricker, I really do think you misunderstood his attempt to help you. Because of that your rebuff comes across very badly.

I could try to explain it more but it belabours the point. Feel free to PM me if you wish though.

Jesus.

Sounds like he was trying to help you to me

Thanks for weighing in, folks, I appreciate it; but really, it was just a misunderstanding, so I don't think we need to dwell on this any longer. :)

Have a good time with the BwB and George in Raleigh, Goldbricker. :) If anyone finds out what the 'Building bridges' panel is about, let me know. I hope it won't reveal that GRRM has been spending all of his time playing Pontifex. ;)

Have a good time with the BwB and George in Raleigh, Goldbricker. :) If anyone finds out what the 'Building bridges' panel is about, let me know. I hope it won't reveal that GRRM has been spending all of his time playing Pontifex. ;)

:grouphug:

and Damn you Ran, i did not know of the existence of this so called "bridge building game", and now i have wasted hours building bridges, :smash:, instead of working on my re-reading, :read:, in preparation for the con. ::shakes fist::

on the other hand, thanks for the link, lots of funs to be had. :thumbsup:

Archived