What games are you playing / looking forward to?

zakalwe7

Erm...can I like it?

I sort of have a basis. :P

Yes, but you're a special case.

It's good then?

I, like everyone else it seems, have been playing guitar hero 3. Good game, but how the hell do you access the songs you purchased in the store?

Press the button marked "Bonus" on the screen. I think it's blue (4th)? I'm a little disturbed that you couldn't figure this out.

Check out "Ruby," it's my favorite of the bonus songs.

Yep, that's the one.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. That might actually get me to finally hook my 360 up to XBox Live.

Assassin's Creed seems to be getting a better rating score than expected... I may have to pick it up after all (well in a few months time anyway... I'll let it go down in price first).

Only found one. But it looks awesome.

Awesome. Didn't know the Chief's had a song on there. I was going to get it for the Muse song anyway, but that's an awesome track.

I've been looking forward to Assassin's Creed since the first time I saw a trailer for it. It really snuck up on me - I can't believe it's out Friday!

I'm off to play some Civilization IV now having just finished a fresh bout of Halo 3 multiplayer goodness. I got the MVP and Sergeant thing achievements. Finally. Pleased with winning the MVP on Team Slayer, I went and kicked some ass on Lone Wolves and got 23 medals in one game - and 18 of my kills were melee's. :wideeyed:

Press the button marked "Bonus" on the screen. I think it's blue (4th)? I'm a little disturbed that you couldn't figure this out.

I er, knew that... I was ah, just testing you... yeah, that's it.

I've seen a few Assassin's Creed reviews now. Game's Radar - my gaming site of choice as of late - gave it a rating of 10.

Awesome. Didn't know the Chief's had a song on there. I was going to get it for the Muse song anyway, but that's an awesome track.

Yeah that is an awesome song. The Muse song is no fun though, I'm afraid.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. That might actually get me to finally hook my 360 up to XBox Live.

While you absolutely should do this, it's not even remotely necessary to get that song. It's on the disc.

While you absolutely should do this, it's not even remotely necessary to get that song. It's on the disc.

Ah. :blush:

've been looking forward to Assassin's Creed since the first time I saw a trailer for it. It really snuck up on me - I can't believe it's out Friday!

I think Asassin's Creed comes out Wednesday, actually. The 2 days is important because I'd like to play it enough to satiate myself before switching to Mass Effect.

Gonna have to sell a few games to be able to justify all of this... But man is it great right now to have a 360.

I went into both Game and Gamestation - both gave a November 16 release date, which is this Friday. I intend to unhook the XBox from the main room (which is the only place I can reach a TV and the router without shelling for a wireless xbox thing) and take it to my room and shut myself up there for 2 days.

I don't have football this Sunday either, so that's an extra 4 hours playing. :)

Supreme Commander has been confirmed for 360. And World in Conflict, too. :stunned:

BFME II and C&C III worked surprisingly well with the 360 controller - but neither was as hardcore an RTS as those two. But yowza. If they pull it off, it will be very, very nice.

DJD - Actually, on double-checking it's tomorrow (13th). I'll let you know if Gamestop is stocking it. :)

Supreme Commander has been confirmed for 360. And World in Conflict, too. :stunned:

BFME II and C&C III worked surprisingly well with the 360 controller - but neither was as hardcore an RTS as those two. But yowza. If they pull it off, it will be very, very nice.

DJD - Actually, on double-checking it's tomorrow (13th). I'll let you know if Gamestop is stocking it. :)

Supreme commander for the 360? What is the universe coming to...

This idea that RTS just wont work with a console controller has always bemused me. Its a bit like FPS never working with a console controller...

Sure it might be quicker doing X Y and Z with a mouse, but does it really matter if you do it just a lil bit slower? Unlikely in single player and in multiplayer everyone should be on the same controller footing as you. If its cross platform then either dont buy it or deal with it.

As for buttons at your finger tips, at any one time you have fingers on two triggers, two buttons just above said triggers and fingers on two sticks, which are also buttons. Then theres the four buttons right next to your right thumb. Thats a lot of button, combine that with one of the thumb sticks giving you your submenus (Around 8) at the twitch of a thumb, and you seem to have plenty at your finger tips. Depress it and use said thumb stick and it can potentially give you 8 more menus (maybe unit selections). You're starting to get the idea. The only thing which really would be slower, and only a touch so, would be the mouse cursor, its an analog stick though which helps. And if your having to move it madly anyway you a probably fucked already.

Also, the 360 works with a keyboard. Plug yours in today and see (not extended to games mind you but still..). Theres also a mouse adapter out as well.

http://www.xcm.cc/XFPS_3.0_Sniper.htm

Pwn n00bs with an unfair advantage today! So much for a level playing field.

It's not that it won't work, it just needs to be designed around the different control scheme. Like the way console FPSs are.

And I will be so happy the day a console supports K/B&M in it's games, as standard. That would be sweet.

One thing they definitely do need now though is a HDTV. Especially if your going to be needing to see units as tiny little dots when you are zoomed right out or reading small bits of text here and there. This isnt a problem for users with HDTVs but those without will struggle with their resolutions, or the games will need to do a meaningful shift in graphics between the two platforms. So far this doesnt really happen, I occationally find myself struggling to read some xbox 360 titles text on my rather large widescreen TV which isnt HD.

Regarding the keyboard and mouse thing, if miocrosoft are serious about their all singing all dancing home server kind of setup running through a 360, which they are talking about, then the keyboard and mouse will be a must.

That said it may just be limited to things like media center or the newer home server stuff. I quite like that setup by the way, my xbox runs as a media center extender with all the HDTV and hard drive recording stuff going through it. Saves having a dedicated PC there to do it all. One thing that does suck though is Australia has no decent online TV guide so i cant setup shows to record.

Blood Australia.

I think it's later for him because he's in the UK, FM :) They generally get games a few days to a few weeks after the US.

I think it's later for him because he's in the UK, FM :) They generally get games a few days to a few weeks after the US.

Ah, that makes sense. It's just that America is obviously the most important place, so... :)

This idea that RTS just wont work with a console controller has always bemused me. Its a bit like FPS never working with a console controller...

It works. Beating C&C 3 on the 360 was probably harder than it would have been on the computer, but I still managed most of the achievements. It looked darn pretty, too.

Now if they could just persuade Blizzard to port Starcraft 2... :drool:

Archived