What games are you playing / looking forward to?

zakalwe7

It's not really scary, just creepy. Like, your walking down a hall and you see ghosts and hear voices, and stuff moves without being touched and such. And well done, not cheesy or anything. But it's still a "shoot people in the head" type of game.

But it's still a "shoot people in the head" type of game.

Unless, of course, you instead desire to saw their bodies in half with your shotgun. You can do that too.

Also, my computer works again! First on the list is Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance. Then, when Thanksgiving and Black Friday are gone and I can set foot in a store again....Crysis :drool:

Am I seriously the only one who bought Rock Band?

Played it last night. It's a lot of fun -- provided you're playing with friends. It's kind of boring in single-player. It's stupid fun with a full complement of bandmates, though.

Just some info for you potential buyers. Do NOT buy Rockband for the PS3 if you are planning on using the GH3 guitar for bass or guitar in Rockband. It does not work. The 360 version works fine as Microsoft forced both companies to put the same coding in the controllers. Sony did not and so Activision/Red Octane decided to deliberately screw up the wiring in the PS3 Les Paul ensuring it would not work with any other game and no other games controllers will work with GH3. Very much a dick move by said companies.

On the other hand people from both the 360 version and PS3 version of Rockband are all complaining about the Stratocaster quitar that comes with the game as apparently it breaks very easily, mostly when doing an extended strumming session. Seems like a cheap product there as well.

Alright, having just finished FEAR, I must say, awesome game. Absolutely top notch.

The gameplay is good, the graphics are nice, the AI is smart. The story is pretty basic but is told REALLY well. Very creepy and atmospheric. And it can really get your heart going.

Definitely recommend it if your a fan of FPS games.

Alright, having just finished FEAR, I must say, awesome game. Absolutely top notch.

The gameplay is good, the graphics are nice, the AI is smart. The story is pretty basic but is told REALLY well. Very creepy and atmospheric. And it can really get your heart going.

Definitely recommend it if your a fan of FPS games.

Supposedly the expansions are pretty lame, though. Still, might pick it up after I've finished with Mass Effect & Assassin's Creed - but that might be a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery long time.

Yeah, I'm going through the first Expansion, but it's not as good. Same gameplay, but the mood and story have kinda taken a down turn.

Of course, since it's not made by the same people, but rather is a cash grab farmed out to another company by the publisher, that's not surprising. The real sequal is called Project Origin btw and is currently in development.

It's still not bad for some "kill bunch of people" gameplay though.

Played some Super Mario Galaxy today.

Lots of fun. And that's from someone who's hated every single other Mario game.

As long as it doesn't get too brutally hard later, should be alot of fun. Now to somehow convince my sister she wants to buy the game for her Wii and then pick up those star bits while I do the actual playing.

I agree.

I have to say, having spent a substantial amount of time on both Assassin's Creed and Super Mario Galaxy now that I am enjoying SMG much more. AC is far too simple when I expect a challenge in many of the controls (like climbing buildings - just hold RT and A and it will nearly always get you straight to the top without doing anything else. Bo-ring!). While I have found SMG simple to play, it wasn't entirely unexpected. It's typical, really, but I don't seem to mind. I may just be disappointed with the difficulty of Creed but even then.. there's a long way to go. I'm sure it will get challenging later.

I may just be disappointed with the difficulty of Creed but even then.. there's a long way to go. I'm sure it will get challenging later.

Not really. :( When it is harder, it's more just because the game gets cheesy (zillions of guards, all of whom detect you instantly, so you have to kill zounds of them just to get that next pickpocketing quest...). Still worth beating, but sadly not worth much after that.

It's really nice that COD4 keeps a record of how many hours you've wasted playing MP. :P Can't imagine I've spent more time playing any other 360 game so far.

Hit lvl 55 the other day. Decided not to enter Prestige mode. Reports are that there's no reward for reaching Prestige 10... and I'm not sure I'd even ever get that far anyway. Instead I've just been going back through and completing the headshot challenges for all the guns to unlock their camos. That and trying to complete the remaining other challneges, though some of those are Halo-esque in that they seem more luck than anything else.

My new favorite hobby is hunting campers. Silenced SMG + Bomb Squad + UAV Jammer = happy hunting. Just so fun to sneak undetected into a known campground and waste everyone there before they even know what's going on.

Traded in America's Army for Ace Combat 6 last week. Bleh. Two purchases in a row I regret. It looks nice, but it's just boring.

The story and dialogue are just laughably ridiculous. "Gentleman, I feel there's no lady on earth who could resist us right now," is a good example, and no, the pilot saying it isn't joking. Oh, and prepare to hear about everyone "dancing with the angels" about a million times -- never gets old!

The allied support feature is pretty cool and I suppose I would like to see/fly the super jet (can't remember what it's called) but that would require a second playthrough of the campaign and I'm not sure I can bring myself to do that.

If you want a jet game for the 360, get Over G Fighters.

Damn, I was hoping ace combat 6 would be cool. Maybe a remake of strike commander is in order.

It is fun. The story and the voice acting are hackneyed and terrible, though. That's been true of all the Ace Combat games, so I don't really know why anyone is surprised at that.

Archived