What games are you playing / looking forward to?

zakalwe7

Lol, StarCraft 2 on a console? We're gonna get raped by Koreans bad enough as is, they don't need a leg up.

I was surprised when Starcraft never made it to a console. I played WC2 on the PS1 and whilst admittedly slow, it worked just fine. I did not have a PC good enough to run WC2 so the PS1 was the only version I ever got used to. I played that for months.

I was surprised when Starcraft never made it to a console. I played WC2 on the PS1 and whilst admittedly slow, it worked just fine. I did not have a PC good enough to run WC2 so the PS1 was the only version I ever got used to. I played that for months.

Surprise! It was on a console. At the very least there was an N64 version.

Lol, StarCraft 2 on a console? We're gonna get raped by Koreans bad enough as is, they don't need a leg up.

Well, maybe it would boost 360 sales in Seoul. Lord knows the console needs a hand in Asia. :) Anyhow, without cross-platform play everyone's on the same footing.

Crysis is getting killer reviews. Too bad no one but God can run it.

Well, maybe it would boost 360 sales in Seoul. Lord knows the console needs a hand in Asia. :) Anyhow, without cross-platform play everyone's on the same footing.

Crysis is getting killer reviews. Too bad no one but God can run it.

My non-dual-core PC ran the demo just fine, although I'm worried it vapourised something in my graphics card, which is having persistant, repetitive failures. Very odd. However, assuming that's something wrong with my card, not the game, than just about any decent modern PC should be able to run Crysis with no problem whatsoever.

Today is the ship day technically, so most places won't have it on shelves until tomorrow.

Okay, thanks. Guess I'll have to wait another day before finally making good on the answer I used to give when people asked me 'what do you want to be when you grow up?' :P

Okay, thanks. Guess I'll have to wait another day before finally making good on the answer I used to give when people asked me 'what do you want to be when you grow up?' :P

A phlebotomist?

Is Assassin's Creed out today in the U.S.? Been looking forward to it.

Popped by Gamestop on my way home from the gym & they said tomorrow - and strongly advised reserving a copy. Used the Orange Box & Gears of War (having wrung out all the gamerpoints I'm interested in trying for - fscking General RAAM on Insane is a beeotch) to pay for it.

Heh... picked up my preorder of Super Mario Galaxy today, but my parents were going out tonight and I agreed to come over and watch the new puppy. I don't want to ignore the puppy, so I won't be playing it til quite late, if I even get to play it tonight at all.

Just a heads-up for Live members:

For 48 hrs starting on the 15th, Carcasonne (an Arcade game that looks to be at least somewhat entertaining) will be free to download.

They're also giving 500 MS pts to everyone who's been a member of Live since 02.

Played the first three stars of Super Mario Galaxy. Pretty fun, although I'm hoping it'll open up a little more. The "co-op" mode, while not your standard co-op, is actually pretty neat -- 2P can be very helpful and make 1P's life a lot easier. My roommate says it's pretty fulfilling.

Also picked up Contra 4 (DS). It's hard as nails -- I could destroy Contra (NES), but I have yet to beat the first level in this one. I'd be disappointed if it weren't hard, but I'm hoping I won't be too frustrated to keep at it. ... Actually, I might try and see whether the Konami code works, and if so use that until I get the hang of it. Supposedly you can unlock Contra and Super C in it, incidentally.

Gonna pick up Silent Hill Origins soon, too much of a series fan not to and I am hearing good things.

I'm 31 stars into Mario Galaxy, and damn this game is fun. Lots of diverse levels, lots of fun 3D platforming (much moreso than 64 and Sunshine), running in space is incredibly fun... Plus they brought back the pirate ships from Mario 3, which is awesome. Loving it so far.

So been playing more Mass Effect, and Im still digging it. Ive only just realized now that Im a bit more into the game how fucking huge this game universe is. I know Ive probably missed a lot of stuff in the game already, and its actually worth going back and replaying if only to take advantage of completely recreating the main character and his class and using a game guide to find all the side quests.

Coco...I dont get the beef on the whole mask issue for the bad guy. Not really a problem from where I stand on the game. Graphics wise its really nice, Id say slightly better than Halo 3 not as good as CoD4. Im sure the thing that makes CoD4 so graphicly amazing to me is it just feels real. And while Mass Effect doesnt have that going for it, its use of colors is amazing.

SPOILER: dialogue
I do see some similarities with KOTOR, but honestly it blows KOTOR out the park IMO. Though one thing...I havent really seen any negative effects so far due to your dialogue choices. I mean it kind of seems like when dealing with your crew/squad they will either think you're a prick, one may fall in love with you, but they still pretty much do whatever the hell you want. I spoilered this because I dont want people freaking out I said you can have someone on your squad fall in love with you.

The shooter aspect of the game is pretty limited, you have some small battles here and there, and as long as you keep behind cover and pop out now and then to bust caps, you're fine. But then, the game wasnt meant to be a stand alone FPS.

Just me personally, its the best RPG Ive played on 360. (Though I should mention I didnt play Eternal Sonata)

YW

Archived