NFL VII

Space Bandito

Honestly, I can't believe this wasn't the very first thing you talked about on your very first date with YW. What the hell were you guys doing? Staring dreamily into each other's eyes?

I mean, for me, if the girl doesn't understand spreads, she'll never truly understand how I'm going to support the family.

:rofl:

He was a poker player, not a football gambler. I understood Texas Hold 'Em, at least. :P

That combined with shitty defense produces a touchdown. That touchdown was like watching two teens go at for the first time. The offense was pushing really hard and the defense didn't know if they had the proper protection . . . dropping that simile/metaphor. Lets just say it was awkward.

Like to see him do it against a defense

We'll get that chance against Tampa next week. And only then I'm afraid. There is none to be found in the state of Ohio.

I can't bring myself to care. I just can't.

Sadly, I'm struggling with this myself.

nice to see some semblance of an offense, but let's remember we're getting fired up over 20 points... for a lot of teams, that's just a mediocre game.

Props to the defense for yet again carrying the Niners, giving up just 13 points to a pretty potent Bengals O. Other than that one deep pass to Chris Henry early on, they played 'em pretty tough all game long. I'm encouraged that a win like this might buy Nolan more time-- I still think he's the guy for the job, he just got screwed this year with the offensive coordinator situation that was thrust upon him when the Chargers decided to fire Schottenheimer and hire Norv so late into the offseason.

Also, it's amazing how much better an o-line can look when they're protecting a QB who has even an iota of pocket presence and awareness.

So, there's a huge clinching game happening today. If Miami loses vs. Baltimore, they'll clinch the no. 1 draft pick. True inspiration to bring their F game today.

Archived