NFL VII

Space Bandito

Around Halloween, I started to have this sinking feeling that the Dolphins were going to break their ofer against the Ravens. Was I just being entirely too pessimistic, or does this mark me as some kind of clairvoyant individual?

I'd say clairvoyant. I would have bet anything that they would have broken it against the Pats.

ETA2: Oh, shit. It's tied now. See? I posted too soon! :P

And FWIW, the handshake was very cordial. :P

ETA: And I still have total respect for Pennington. Too bad the Jets fans don't.

Goddamn 8-0 loss. What a ludicrously ugly game. Oh, well.

Hope the Steelers can come back and get a win here, and that the Ravens can manage a win in OT vs. Miami. They should've gone for it on 4th and goal.

Sort of a dull game between the Jets and Pats; grinding run from NE, zero execution from the Jets in the red zone.

And the kick is...................

NO GOOD?!?!?!?!

*sigh*

High freakin' drama in this game. Seriously, someone needs to tell Miami to step up and lose this one; don't they know they're playing to clinch the no. 1 seed in the draft?

Congrats to the Dolphins. Nobody deserves to go 0-16,

No, I disagree. This was something I was actively rooting for. Between the Bills loss and this, bad day in the AFC East.

I am glad Miami won. Did not want an angry Jason Taylor gunning after Brady. Did not want the Patriots to be the first team to lose to Miami. Ugly game today. Brady looked off, both on the field and side lines. No passing touchdowns. He really forced a few.

Only excitement was the handshake at the end. Belichick was fired up. Smirking and hugging players from both sides. Odd.

I am glad Miami won. Did not want an angry Jason Taylor gunning after Brady. Did not want the Patriots to be the first team to lose to Miami. Ugly game today. Brady looked off, both on the field and side lines. No passing touchdowns. He really forced a few.

Only excitement was the handshake at the end. Belichick was fired up. Smirking and hugging players from both sides. Odd.

He was looking at Moss too much.

I don't care if he's in a one on one matchup when you have wide open receivers, like Brady did.

Looking at the Boston Globe. Apparently the snow and asshole fans was a problem all game:

An announcement has just been made at Gillette Stadium that if fans continue to throw snow on the field, the game will be stopped.

There was a disturbing scene at halftime as the Jets went to the locker room, with fans firing snowballs at them. Head coach Eric Mangini, who left the field with security, was also a target.

Jason Garrett is quickly becoming the Mike Martz JR. of the NFL. He so WASTES Marion Barber's talents. Not only do they keep insisting on starting Julius Jones (is Barber made of glass?)but they have even been reducing overall the amount of runs they are calling. They have been totally pass happy the last few weeks. With Romo struggling and still plenty of time left in the 2nd half, they abandoned the run all together. Plus, once they get into the red zone they are passing almost exclusively. This reminds me of Chan Gailey as well, who cost the Steelers a Super Bowl in the 90's when they would run Bettis but then would go all Slash Stewart inside the 20.

ugh...as a fan I'm concerned about the last 2 games but I'm not slitting my wrists quite yet. last week it was the defense that sucked, this week it was the offense. This week the defense played VERY well. But I'm holding my breath on the injury front, especially on Andre Gurode. Then again, injuries happen to every team and the Cowboys have been fortunate to not have very many major ones.

P.S. Keep the blonde at home, Tony. Troy got away with dating Lori Morgan and bringing her to games, but that was before the internet. He's going to get justifiably CRUCIFIED ALL WEEK.

Archived