Dublin Mini-Meet

Werthead

I didn't want to hijack the other thread any more, so just wanted to see what people fancied doing.

Jo & Paddy have got my number, so I'll PM it to Pod and Peadar as well. Niamh has ruled herself out for the occasion :( Anyone else up/available for it?

My preference would be to go out on the Friday night, if someone can put me up afterwards, and then head home Saturday lunchtime/afternoon, but we can work around people's availability. And I'm going to be free every evening after 5.30pm from the sound of it.

I didn't want to hijack the other thread any more, so just wanted to see what people fancied doing.

Jo & Paddy have got my number, so I'll PM it to Pod and Peadar as well. Niamh has ruled herself out for the occasion :( Anyone else up/available for it?

My preference would be to go out on the Friday night, if someone can put me up afterwards, and then head home Saturday lunchtime/afternoon, but we can work around people's availability. And I'm going to be free every evening after 5.30pm from the sound of it.

Well Friday should be fine for me. :) Except I don't actually have a fixed abode right now, so unless I find a new place by next weekend, i'm probably not in much of a position to put anyone up. At the moment i'm just glad someone will put me up!

Should be able to make other nights also. So if you are free Monday or Tuesday for example, happy to arrange a mini-mini meet.

Work kind of exploded in lameness today. My manager contracted a horrendous bug and will be out of action for a week and another staffmember quit with no notice, so my training has been cancelled :rolleyes:

A bit cheesed off about it, to be honest. My assistant manager did give me next Saturday off though and gave me an early finish on Friday, so if I can work the finances I may still be able to make it up. However, it may be far easier to push it back a week (to Fri-Sat, 25-26 Jan) as then I'll have been paid and a far higher level of mayhem will be possible! :cheers:

Sorry not to be able to make definitive plans. My new job's been pretty awesome but this training thing does seem to be going wrong quite a lot and confusing things :tantrum:

Work kind of exploded in lameness today. My manager contracted a horrendous bug and will be out of action for a week and another staffmember quit with no notice, so my training has been cancelled :rolleyes:

A bit cheesed off about it, to be honest. My assistant manager did give me next Saturday off though and gave me an early finish on Friday, so if I can work the finances I may still be able to make it up. However, it may be far easier to push it back a week (to Fri-Sat, 25-26 Jan) as then I'll have been paid and a far higher level of mayhem will be possible! :cheers:

Sorry not to be able to make definitive plans. My new job's been pretty awesome but this training thing does seem to be going wrong quite a lot and confusing things :tantrum:

So, we'll put it back a week. I can't speak for anybody else, but it's still no problem as I'm concerned.

Yeah but there's only so much of you to go round, plus you need to keep your strength up for Galway. ;)

I had a wonderful reply ready for this, but it was too sad and filthy even for a pun addict like me :)

The same way meets work...except less people. :P

No, seriously. Despite being Fantasy/SF fan moust of my life I was never participating in fandom events (never been on convention etc.). It that minimet some sort of meeting in the pub? So we could drink milk of the poppy together?

Are Polish imigrants aloved to participate in these mitings? :)

No, seriously. Despite being Fantasy/SF fan moust of my life I was never participating in fandom events (never been on convention etc.). It that minimet some sort of meeting in the pub? So we could drink milk of the poppy together?

Mini-meets usually involve a pub at some stage and everyone is more than welcome to come, so by all means turn up to one if you can.

I don't know about the BwB (I'm pretty new here myself), but at a recent meeting of the New Irish Science Fiction Association we all thought it would be very, very important to get some participation from Dublin's Eastern European community. If you come along to the mini-meet, I'll let you know how you can join in with other events too.

Are Polish imigrants aloved to participate in these mitings?

You must know Filippa then! Our resident Polish immigrant. She lives in Luxembourg/Scotland! :wideeyed:

And as Sean said, meets are just a short way of saying that you are going down to the pub to meet a few people from the boards. All are welcome. :P

pod, unlike the irish, us poles aren't all related :P

Stop insulting the Irish. You are going to get Cousin Peadar and Cousin Paddy upset. :stunned:

More specific suggestions are welcome, but with the greatest of respect to the Dublin posse, not that gay club again

***cough cough***

Points at Mel...

Edited to English.

Archived