ASOIAF Mafia 47.5 - Holiday Massacre!

Mexal

Last time I said that someone was by default more likely guilty than the rest, people nearly stoned me to death for that. Maybe it works better the other way around? :P

WJ, don't you think that a n00b does more likely not read every detail in his role PM than an experienced player (except of ol' Lany, of course)? :unsure:

It's tradition to welcome the n00bs to mafia by voting them out first in altless games. You don't want to mess with tradition, do you? Because you know what else is tradition? Holidays like Christmas and Easter. And you know who hates tradition? Those dirty Irish and their evil St. Patrick.

Slick bastard.

I agree with the math but I am not sure I am buying the logic of reducing your consideration of Thio as SK. You look to be reneging on tradition yourself here.

Last time I said that someone was by default more likely guilty than the rest, people nearly stoned me to death for that. Maybe it works better the other way around? :P

WJ, don't you think that a n00b does more likely not read every detail in his role PM than an experienced player (except of ol' Lany, of course)? :unsure:

hey...I resemble that remark.

actually, I think n00bs would be more likely to read every detail, since they are new and don't have ideas already in their head as to what they think the role is suppossed to say.

edtit because I still haven't learned to type

Yay, some people don't want to talk about it, but I think we should have the following good roles out there:

One of these two, perhaps both:

- Healer. Like in every game with more than one killing faction, this role is essential for the innocents.

- Bulletproof. This role is also designed for a game like this.

Other standard roles:

- Guard. There might be an innocent guard. There might also be an evil guard. There might be both. I'm sure this role has been used by the mods, if we have only the healer or the BP. Regardless to which faction the guard belongs to, he should use his action every night.

- Vigilante. I'm not sure about this one. Like always, the vig is a role that might unbalance a game. It has been used only rarely in the last games, so I guess we don't have a vig.

- Martyr. Another role that hasn't been used IMO.

- Finder. I must be kidding, right? ;)

Martyr, Finder? I don't think so.

And an evil guard? This could be unfair for the SK, IMO.

So, I think that there are two of the first 4 you mentioned, b/c anything more would seem too good. I don't think that mods would keep so much secrecy if they weren't going to use a BP innocent. But the mods are possibly crazy, and maybe I have the wrong point of view.

Depends on the player more than their level of experience, IMO. A person like Pless or Soph is always going to analyze every last detail. While somebody like Pan or TK might be less careful and just skim their role, assuming it's just the same as usual.

Look, I'm not giving Thio an enormous free pass here. That would be ridiculous. I'm merely saying that he's probably not the SK, unless he's extremely clever or extremely careless. He could still be FM, and if evidence comes against him, I'll be happy to vote him out. I'm just not going to vote for him based on the criteria of "it's a CF game and somebody has to be lynched", because to me, everyone else is a slightly better option at this point.

Look, I'm not giving Thio an enormous free pass here. That would be ridiculous. I'm merely saying that he's probably not the SK, unless he's extremely clever or extremely careless. He could still be FM, and if evidence comes against him, I'll be happy to vote him out. I'm just not going to vote for him based on the criteria of "it's a CF game and somebody has to be lynched", because to me, everyone else is a slightly better option at this point.

You make it sound like you are being very innocent (adjective not faction) in 'clearing' Thio. In actuality, you've done a nice job of removing him as a potential lynch today. Could be nothing and it likely is because I don't see you pulling this type of move. Still, I won't discount it later on.

You make it sound like you are being very innocent (adjective not faction) in 'clearing' Thio. In actuality, you've done a nice job of removing him as a potential lynch today. Could be nothing and it likely is because I don't see you pulling this type of move. Still, I won't discount it later on.

Okay, so if I'm evil and working to make sure Thio won't be lynched today....if I'm doing so prior to there being any pressure on him at all.....what's my motive?

He's my partner/master, and I want to clear him before there's any pressure on him? Why bother sticking my neck out so far? And being so obvious about it in a CF game?

Or he's not my partner/master, and I want to fake symp him? Doesn't make sense, because there are 2 evil factions. I'd have no clue whether or not he's going to turn up innocent in the CF results. Would be pretty bad for me to argue in his favor now, assuming that I'm fake symping an innocent, only to have him be lynched/killed and turn up evil later in the game.

This is how I play the game. I narrow things down. I'm struggling to understand why some of you find it so surprising this time around.

I'm not sure I understand you. Maybe I just understand a little better how WJ works, but it looks like everyone is making a big deal out of something that seemed rather obvious to me. :unsure:

This is how I play the game. I narrow things down. I'm struggling to understand why some of you find it so surprising this time around.

Because there's not much else to be surprised about this game, I guess. Unless you think my friend Mr. :hat: here is a symp clue.

Gives us more to talk about and we get to see your reaction when pressed. It is pretty much what I expected (although there is a lot of WIFOM thrown in), which coming from you doesn't mean much because I would expect the same regardless of your alignment. For the record, I don't think you are guilty...just bustin' balls.

Hey, this doesn't make sense at all. :thumbsup:

It wold be nice if everybody would drop a vote on someone (other than me). I like how we are running in circles like my cat when it's chasing it's tail, and yeah, I know that you goblin guys have to keep your low profile to avoid the attention of Mr Noholiday, but even you should know that we can eliminate the SK only by lynching, right?

It wold be nice if everybody would drop a vote on someone (other than me). I like how we are running in circles like my cat when it's chasing it's tail, and yeah, I know that you goblin guys have to keep your low profile to avoid the attention of Mr Noholiday, but even you should know that we can eliminate the SK only by lynching, right?

Eh, sure. Why not?

Out with the old and in with the young, I say. Gert.

Alright then Piper...I think Kat has as good a chance of anyone as being SK (hows that for a leap of faith).

Gertrude. I've had it with these people fake-claiming my role! Never again will I make that mistake. You're not the crazy cat lady, that's....

*checks setting and role PM*

Never mind that. :/

I'm so happy to be playing altless again. This is going to rock, guys! Let's hunt some mafia! :wideeyed:

(underline mine)

Kat does not seem too interested in going after the Serial Killer, eh?

Archived