ASOIAF Mafia 47.5 - Holiday Massacre!

Mexal

How can you have bad vibes from Shadowbaby and yet pretty much have the same opinions as her? Please explain. I saw this post and thought, "wait, hasn't someone already posted this?"

Well, I certainly had a different reason for lack of suspicion on Kilgrey, and I haven't suspected Thio at all. Gert seems to be suspected by like everyone, due to WJ's case. Halo issue is the only point we have in common. Again, I'm not saying she isn't playing reasonably, just a little bit weird IMO, and that's one of the reasons she got my vote.

I'm adding Ser Spider to my growing list of suspects. Again it has to do with the way he left open the possibility of a Gert lynch. Something about the way he phrased his suspicions strikes me as off:

Like first he's saying he doesn't really suspect her but then seems like he's trying to convince others to join the mob.

And why on earth would I do that? I mean, if I was a killer and she was my partner, I wouldn't have brought her up, and definitely wouldn't have tried to convince anyone to vote her. If I was a killer, and she wasn't my partner, I would have voted her.

And now, for the explanation:

I suspect Gert to a certain level. But I'm far from convinced. She had 4 votes on her, which was enough to apply some pressure, and I didn't want to be the one to get the lynch rolling. I felt that Shabba needed some extra pressure.

And now, I'll read the rest. Catching up...

I don't quite understand your point. Seems like a throwaway comment to me. Am I missing something?

It just stuck out at me when I was rereading the thread. While I was writing the post I realized that Thio could be talking in general and not about mafia specifically hence the less than serious nature of the post, but I felt it may be worth noting anyway. Other than that I can't say I'm all that suspicious of him. Given that he read the last game and should realize it didn't bode well for Norcross, I don't think he's playing the 'I 'm a nasty, evil FM playing the uninformed n00b' card, plus the mistakes he's made this game seem more genuine. WJ has already pointed out why he's not likely to be a SK.

Ok, before I get into any drawn out extended arguments, I think it's pretty clear now that altless games favor those of you who have been playing here a long time. Those of us who are relatively new have very little experience with "innocent x" vs "guilty x" (Where x is the name of whoever the hell is being debated. I like using math terms in my arguments. Maybe I'll call back to my discrete math class days. Go Team Math?). On top of that, you can't get such a read on us, and because we realistically can't take things the same way you do, we automatically end up with a slathering of suspicion sauce. For the record, no, I don't intend on leaving a vote on Piper for his joke. I never did. I was angry that he ignored me.

The point I'm getting at is, I won't just take someone's word at face value, especially since its impossible to know any of your true intentions at this point.

Next post will be chiming in the cases, and the case makers, and possibly making a giant ass out of myself.

It is day 1.

16 players remain: Crusader, Daedalus, Filter, Gertrude, Halo, JKMan, Kat, Kilgrey, Lany, Piper of Chaos, Ser Spider, Shadowbaby, Thiocyanide, Weekapaug, Whiskeyjack, a homeless harpy.

9 votes are needed for a conviction or 8 to go to night.

6 votes for Gertrude (Kat, Shadowbaby, Whiskeyjack, Thiocyanide, a homeless harpy, Lany)

4 votes for Shadowbaby (Piper of Chaos, Daedalus, Ser Spider, Weekapaug)

2 votes for Piper of Chaos (JKMan, Filter)

1 vote for JKMan (Halo)

1 vote for Whiskeyjack (Crusader)

2 players have not voted: Gertrude, Kilgrey.

Trying to get a new player involved....

The thing I hate the most about this game is that I have to read all those posts, and there has been posted a certain amount of posts While I was absent.

Maybe my little brain just can't handle that amount of information! :-)

JKMan, please let us know what you think of the 2 people who currently have the most votes - Gertrude and Shadowbaby.

Mexal is in DC. I think West is in Texas.

Well in that case, this post makes me suspect Ser Spider a little more:

Anyway, I'm the Queen's day. I hinted it by voting Lany, the SpamQueen, in my third post.

Not saying that the mods wouldn't put in holidays catering towards us Commonwealth nations, just that it seems more likely that we'd be overlooked.

To join all you guys that have said which holiday you are, I'm going to say which am I.

I am HANUKA.

Not sure if you saw it, but I asked a question of you earlier. What do you think of the 2 people who currently have the most votes - Gertrude and Shadowbaby?

At this point, one of them is probably going to be lynched. And I'd like to get an opinion from you on record.

To join all you guys that have said which holiday you are, I'm going to say which am I.

I am HANUKA.

Is that how it's spelled in your role-pm?

(yes i'm still writing up my post, be patient, I'm terribly slow at sifting through thoughts, especially since I couldn't read the action last night/this morning)

Is that how it's spelled in your role-pm?

(yes i'm still writing up my post, be patient, I'm terribly slow at sifting through thoughts, especially since I couldn't read the action last night/this morning)

No it isn't. My bad!

In my role-pm it's spelled Hannukah.

Sorry for that, my English isn't that good like Ser Spider's. :-)

Sorry WJ, missed it.

Well I'll remove vote an vote Ger to get the lynch.

About Shadowbaby, I'm still thinking about her. At this point I don't have any opinion about her.

Please don't vote JUST to get the lynch, I haven't even had time to get my thoughts out.

Before I get started, Remove Vote. Just thought I'd get that out of the way.

I guess when I said I'd be chiming in on cases, I should have said prime suspects. There's only really one case, on Gertrude, that has extended onto Shadowbaby, who is a similar alternative.

I'll start with Gertrude...most of what I'm reacting to has come from WJ, since not only did he start the actual activity, but he's already pointed out most of the connecting information. Apart from Mexal and Shadowbaby, WJ is the only person I can usually alt-guess, and I can almost always follow his logic

Post 200 His first suspect list was Crusader and JKMan for being new, and Gertrude and Shadowbaby.

I can't really comment on his initial suspicion of Gertrude, other than to say that his reason is accurate. Going back and looking at that game, it's impossible to dispute that she was more active in it. However, his first vote, the reactions, and his case

have certainly led most of the activity day 1.

To me, we have the potential to get more information out of lynching Gertrude than anybody else.

Is that still how you feel?

ETA - Fuck, I posted too soon...well, I have more coming.

Archived