Hookups

micswitch

Where I think I'm going wrong is re. the length of time that passes in AGOT. At the start of AGOT, Jon and Robb are both 14. We know they were born no more than a couple of months after the Sack - yet according to aforementioned timeline, the Sack was 15 years before AGOT, not 14. However, J and R turn 15 during AGOT...

So, yeah. Sorry. :P

(Also, I had this idea that Gregor and Cersei/Jaime were the same age, instead of him being a year older than them. I got that from this board, but without any references given, so my unwitting informant must have been wrong on that count.)

No more incest please.
As for the Stark children an incestuous relationship would be totally out of character.

Sansa and Willas. I'm curious to learn more about Willas.
Tyron and Dany.
Brienne and Jaime.
Arya and Gendry.

Ah, but the page says that nearly all of AGOT takes place in 298 but the early chapters, with, for example, Jon Arryn's poisoning, that takes place some 2 weeks or so before the first Bran chapter, are put in 297. And Jon tells us that his nameday comes and goes during his first chapter at the wall, before Ned even kills Lady :P

[quote name='Quoth' post='1296098' date='Apr 1 2008, 11.18']Asha Greyjoy and just about anyone. We need much more written about her. :drool:[/quote]Yes, but who? Who could handle a woman like that? Sandor? Robert? Jamie? Or would she just get herself a boy toy and toss him overbaord when she's done with him?

[quote name='Pontius the Penniless' post='1296306' date='Apr 1 2008, 13.26']Gotta have Brienne and Jaime. I wouldnt mind Gendry and Arya too. Also Meera and Bran, although he is a kid now maybe when he is older. And Hodor needs him some loving too. Maybe with Asha? :P[/quote]

lol Hodor would so be Asha's bitch but then again who knows with that man meat that Bran described <shivers>

[quote name='Eloisa' post='1296234' date='Apr 1 2008, 18.50'](Also, I had this idea that Gregor and Cersei/Jaime were the same age, instead of him being a year older than them. I got that from this board, but without any references given, so my unwitting informant must have been wrong on that count.)[/quote]
Ha! I found the reference.

Gregor was 17 at the time of the Sack - AGOT, during the Hand's tourney.
Jaime was also 17 at the time of the Sack - AGOT, one of Ned's early chapters.

Jon-Arya? I cannot wait to see their reunion, but hookup together? Just no, please no, even if they are turn out to be cousins.

I'd like to see Tyrion-Sansa, anyone else?

Also cannot wait to see UnCat-(Un)LF to "hookup" for real this time.

[quote name='gedo' post='1296457' date='Apr 1 2008, 14.46']Jon-Arya? I cannot wait to see their reunion, but hookup together? Just no, please no, even if they are turn out to be cousins.

I'd like to see Tyrion-Sansa, anyone else?

Also cannot wait to see UnCat-(Un)LF to "hookup" for real this time.[/quote]

I would like to see Tyrion and Sansa but she would have to get over hating the Lannister's and trust him and the small fact that she is stuck on handsome princes and knights.

Tyrion and Sansa : why not?

Jon and Melisandre : will happen, will be awesome

Jaime and Dany : highly unlikely but it crossed my mind in AFFC, there is something in Cersei's prophecy- have no direct quote but it was like : she will die after that other, younger queen has taken everything away from her;

[quote name='JoannaL' post='1296544' date='Apr 1 2008, 16.56']Tyrion and Sansa : why not?

Jon and Melisandre : will happen, will be awesome

Jaime and Dany : highly unlikely but it crossed my mind in AFFC, there is something in Cersei's prophecy- have no direct quote but it was like : she will die after that other, younger queen has taken everything away from her;[/quote]

I imagine "everything" would include Jaime. Besides he killed Danys father...I dont think Dany is that forgiving.

[quote name='Eilis' post='1296468' date='Apr 1 2008, 12.54']I would like to see Tyrion and Sansa but she would have to get over hating the Lannister's and trust him and the small fact that she is stuck on handsome princes and knights.[/quote]

It's less that she's stuck on "handsome princes and knights", and more that she's against deformed disfigured disgraced dwarves. I think most women fall under that category.

This topic never gets old. My top picks are:

[b]Sandor/Sansa[/b]: I'm crazy about these two. They are a perfect example of the Ice and Fire polarity thing GRRM has going on here. He's huge, brutal, cynical, and scarred; she's delicate, ladylike, naive, and beautiful. The sexual tension between them is palatable, and their age difference (28 and 13, IIRC) is not as wide as, say, Tyrion and Littlefinger (who are both in their mid-to-late 30s). This pair is hot, and I think a sex scene between them would probably be one of the best in the series.

[b]Jon/Dany[/b]: As a firm believer in R+L=J, I feel this is a natural choice. They may look as different as...well, ice and fire, but they seem to be quite similar in character--both seem to be strong, intelligent, capable leaders who are not afraid to make hard choices for the greater good, but still try to be decent and fair whenever possible. And based on the R+L=J theory, those exotic Targs seem to enjoy those earthy Stark looks and vice versa, so it may stand to reason that a meeting between Dany and Jon would result in some strong physical attraction, if indeed Dany truly favors Rhaegar in terms of personality and if Jon is truly Rhaegar and Lyanna's son. I want to see Jon as one of the Heads of the Dragon, and I don't care how it's done--if he can marry/consort/copulate with Dany without breaking his vows, then fine, but this pair needs to happen for the sake of my continued sanity.

[b]Jaime/Brienne[/b]: Ok, Jaime needs to be with someone other than his sister, so why not Brienne? She is the polar opposite of Cersei: caring, honest, humble, and homely. She's decent and brave. Frankly, she's too good for Jaime in my opinion, but I think she can help him become a better person. Cersei has corrupted Jaime in every way imaginable--for her, seducing Jaime was based more on her love for herself than any actual affection for Jaime. He was the male version of herself, which she found to be utterly irresistible--what could be hotter to a narcissist than the opportunity to fuck yourself? She thinks of him all the time as an extension of herself, as her "other half," but Jaime tends to see her more as an individual and loves her as she is. Now that Jaime isn't perfect anymore, she's basically lost interest, and that has allowed him to place their relationship and her behavior in perspective--and he's not liking what he's seeing, anymore. Brienne is like a breath of fresh air; she's not demanding and arrogant like Cersei, and she also strikes me as a "one man" type of woman--something I'm sure Jaime can appreciate, considering that he's never slept with anyone besides Cersei. They bring out the best qualities in each other, and thus would make a perfect couple. Perfect for Westeros, anyway.

Honorable mention:
[b]Asha/Euron[/b]. Because incest is hot, and I'd like to see them try to kill each other during/afterwards. Anything that decreases the overall ironborn population is OK in my book.

Archived