Hookups

micswitch

[quote name='Wisp' post='1296972' date='Apr 1 2008, 22.23'][b]Sandor/Sansa[/b]: I'm crazy about these two. They are a perfect example of the Ice and Fire polarity thing GRRM has going on here. He's huge, brutal, cynical, and scarred; she's delicate, ladylike, naive, and beautiful. The sexual tension between them is palatable, and their age difference (28 and 13, IIRC) is not as wide as, say, Tyrion and Littlefinger (who are both in their mid-to-late 30s). This pair is hot, and I think a sex scene between them would probably be one of the best in the series.[/quote]

Tyrion is only 23 at the start of the books, so he is the closest in age to Sansa.

[quote name='Wisp' post='1296972' date='Apr 1 2008, 22.23']This topic never gets old. My top picks are:

[b]Sandor/Sansa[/b]: I'm crazy about these two. They are a perfect example of the Ice and Fire polarity thing GRRM has going on here. He's huge, brutal, cynical, and scarred; she's delicate, ladylike, naive, and beautiful. The sexual tension between them is palatable, and their age difference (28 and 13, IIRC) is not as wide as, say, Tyrion and Littlefinger (who are both in their mid-to-late 30s). This pair is hot, and I think a sex scene between them would probably be one of the best in the series.[/quote]
Great observations and Im much agreed about the Sandor Sansa sex scene...I wonder how George will bring them back together if he ever does.

UnGregor and UnCat, they have so much in common...
like maggots and rigor mortis.

Seriously though the only pairing I particularly want to see is Sandor Sansa, and even then wait until Sansa is older.

[quote name='micswitch' post='1296686' date='Apr 2 2008, 00.14']I imagine "everything" would include Jaime. Besides he killed Danys father...I dont think Dany is that forgiving.[/quote]

Actually I think the prophecy cannot mean that Dany will kill Jaime. He would then be dead before Cersei and a lot of people (me included) believe him to be the valonqar, the little brother who will kill Cersei. So the 'taking away' part must mean something else as killing. So how to best 'take away' a lover? ....

[quote name='JoannaL' post='1297226' date='Apr 2 2008, 03.25']Actually I think the prophecy cannot mean that Dany will kill Jaime. He would then be dead before Cersei and a lot of people (me included) believe him to be the valonqar, the little brother who will kill Cersei. So the 'taking away' part must mean something else as killing. So how to best 'take away' a lover? ....[/quote]

Ohhhhh yeah didnt even think about that. That would be a nice twist...but still he killed Dany's father I cant see her forgiving that so readily unles she finds out how f*cked up her dad was. Right now she just knows what Visery's told her and some small info from Jorah perhaps Selmy will shed some light on the subject.

[quote name='micswitch' post='1297395' date='Apr 2 2008, 15.26']Ohhhhh yeah didnt even think about that. That would be a nice twist...but still he killed Dany's father I cant see her forgiving that so readily unles she finds out how f*cked up her dad was. Right now she just knows what Visery's told her and some small info from Jorah perhaps Selmy will shed some light on the subject.[/quote]
Yes, this kingslaying thing may be a small problem...Tyrion could get Jaime a chance to explain himself, though.

All in all an unlikely scenario - I admit it, but the thread was called 'who do we like to see together' and yes I would like Jaime and Dany.
The prophecy gives this scenario a (small) chance.
Wouldn't it be awesome. Since Dany and Jon will be together as well (or most of us assume so) we would have a Dany-Jon-Jaime triangle.It would be full of tension and passion and fun. And we would have all three POVs!

Actually the more I think about it: isn't Jaime the only one who qualifies as second husband to Dany since he has (as only man in Westeros) profound training and experience in sharing a queen with someone else? ;)

[quote name='JoannaL' post='1297645' date='Apr 2 2008, 12.08']Wouldn't it be awesome. Since Dany and Jon will be together as well (or most of us assume so) we would have a Dany-Jon-Jaime triangle.It would be full of tension and passion and fun. And we would have all three POVs![/quote]

That would be a great POV right there. I would like to see jaime find someone that isnt a narcissistic slut-Dany would be perfect. That would be a great twist...I just hope there is no three way action POV's

Don't assume that Daenerys and Jaime will meet and it'll be love at first sight, or that Jon will fall in love with Daenerys straight away. Jaime [i]killed her father[/i] so it's more likely that Drogon will burn the flesh from his bones, and Jon [i]is a Stark[/i] (Lyanna/Rhaegar theories be damned for now) and [i]Lord Commander of the Night's Watch[/i]. Remember the oath the brothers take!

Arya should hook up with Nymeria again.

[quote name='shevchenko65' post='1297008' date='Apr 1 2008, 22.49']Tyrion is only 23 at the start of the books, so he is the closest in age to Sansa.[/quote]

Ah, you're right. I figured I'd get tripped up over the ages of the characters--it's hard for me to keep track of how old some of the characters are sometimes. So Tyrion is...25? 26? For some reason, I keep seeing him as being older. Maybe it's the beard.

[quote name='JoannaL' post='1297645' date='Apr 2 2008, 12.08']Wouldn't it be awesome. Since Dany and Jon will be together as well (or most of us assume so) we would have a Dany-Jon-Jaime triangle.It would be full of tension and passion and fun. And we would have all three POVs![/quote]

Dany-Jon-Jaime love triangle would be hot, no doubt about it...but I suspect Jaime might not live long enough to enjoy a dragonride, with him being the murderer of Dany's father and all. Dany might forgive him if she can be convinced of how crazy and cruel her father was, and if she can be made to sympathize with Jaime's situation, but if she's to be the Queen of Westeros, she can't [i]publicly[/i] pardon that sort of behavior against the royal crown, I would imagine. He'd have to be made an example of, regardless of how much he's changed. And Jon would probably dislike him simply because he's a Lannister, but if Jon also discovers he was the one who crippled Bran, then I think any hope of him accepting Jaime as a fellow consort would probably end there. Also, Jaime kinda balks at sharing the same woman, so if he and Dany did have a relationship, I think he'd be very jealous over her inevitable second husband.

[quote name='Black Wizard' post='1298097' date='Apr 2 2008, 16.15']Don't assume that Daenerys and Jaime will meet and it'll be love at first sight, or that Jon will fall in love with Daenerys straight away.[/quote]

Absolutely. Jon strikes me as the cool sort, and not inclined to make the first move--even more so when you consider his vows. I think that if there's going to be a relationship there, then it may be that Dany will end up pursuing him first. I will assume that a King or Queen can release Jon from his vows if desired, but whether Jon will accept or not (or if he's even given the choice) remains to be seen. Other than that, they serve until death. Not that death is a permanent status anymore in Westeros, thanks to R'hllor. And there [i]is[/i] a red priestess at the Wall. And some of those red priests are able to resurrect the dead. Hmm. Are the only ways for Jon to be released from his vows limited to royal pardon or death? King UnJon?

I'd like to see a hook-up between Jon and Melisandre. Not a relationship, but a sudden one-time (or two) fling. They have a certain Fire and Ice vibe going, would make some pretty steamy scenes. And it's awfully cold on that wall, it's not like they have anything else to do. Sure there's the little problem regarding the psychotically evil shadow babies ...but I think Jon has a thing for Redheads.

[quote name='Wisp' post='1298165' date='Apr 2 2008, 22.51']Absolutely. Jon strikes me as the cool sort, and not inclined to make the first move--even more so when you consider his vows. I think that if there's going to be a relationship there, then it may be that Dany will end up pursuing him first. I will assume that a King or Queen can release Jon from his vows if desired, but whether Jon will accept or not (or if he's even given the choice) remains to be seen. Other than that, they serve until death. Not that death is a permanent status anymore in Westeros, thanks to R'hllor. And there [i]is[/i] a red priestess at the Wall. And some of those red priests are able to resurrect the dead. Hmm. Are the only ways for Jon to be released from his vows limited to royal pardon or death? King UnJon?[/quote]
The oath is made in front of [i]Gods[/i] and men. Jon made his oath in front of a heart tree to the Old Gods. No one knows anything about the Old Gods so surely Jon can't be released from his oath. However, the Dragon bows to no one so Daenerus could technically release him from his oath, but I don't see this happening. GRRM put Jon at the wall for a reason: [i]to fight the Others[/i]. Daenerys hasn't even thought about getting to Westeros yet, and when she does she'll likely land in Dorne: [i]the opposite end of the continent[/i]. Euron Crow's Eye has sent Victarion to Slaver's Bay to capture Dragons and Daenerys, but if this were to succeed why would Jon Snow, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, want to travel to the Iron Islands to rescue a fifteen year old girl? Once again, ignore the Lyanna/Rhaegar theories and the Azor Ahai theories. Yes, Jon had a great respect for Maester Aemon but can anyone see him leaving his post to save someone he's never met?

[i]A Song of Ice and Fire[/i] is not a fairy tale.

[quote name='micswitch' post='1297395' date='Apr 2 2008, 09.26']...but still he killed Dany's father I cant see her forgiving that so readily unles she finds out how f*cked up her dad was.[/quote]C'mon guys! This is aSoIaF. Ned is dead. How can anyone seriously believe that Dany will forgive Jamie at all. Ever. Under any circumstances.

Even if she did forgive him, she'd still kill him.

Heck, by the time she gets to him, he may be ready to commit suicide-by-dragon to end his tragedy of a life. Particularly if he's already killed Cersei.

[quote name='Black Wizard' post='1298882' date='Apr 3 2008, 06.19']The oath is made in front of [i]Gods[/i] and men. Jon made his oath in front of a heart tree to the Old Gods. No one knows anything about the Old Gods so surely Jon can't be released from his oath.[/quote]
The Oath that the NW swears states very clearly that the Watch "shall not end until my death." When you consider individuals such as Beric Dondarrion and Catelyn Stark, death is not always a permanent status in Westeros. What I was stating is that, technically, death would absolve Jon of his duties--and if he were to be revived by a red priest, he would still be absolved of the vows because he fulfilled them when he died at the Wall. I'm not saying that it's [i]likely[/i], but that it's an option.

[quote name='Black Wizard' post='1298882' date='Apr 3 2008, 06.19']GRRM put Jon at the wall for a reason: [i]to fight the Others[/i]. Daenerys hasn't even thought about getting to Westeros yet, .[/quote]
Dany has been thinking about getting to Westeros all her life; Viserys used to tell her stories about the Seven Kingdoms when she was growing up, and his desire and sense of entitlement to the crown passed on to her as well, which is why she's making her way through the Free Cities--to gain the experience and resources necessary [i]to return to Westeros[/i]. And Jon being placed on the Wall to fight the Others may be the conclusion one comes to at first glance, but no one can honestly say what other, deeper plans GRRM may or may not have in mind for him.

[quote name='Black Wizard' post='1298882' date='Apr 3 2008, 06.19']and when she does she'll likely land in Dorne: [i]the opposite end of the continent[/i]. Euron Crow's Eye has sent Victarion to Slaver's Bay to capture Dragons and Daenerys, but if this were to succeed why would Jon Snow, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, want to travel to the Iron Islands to rescue a fifteen year old girl? Once again, ignore the Lyanna/Rhaegar theories and the Azor Ahai theories. Yes, Jon had a great respect for Maester Aemon but can anyone see him leaving his post to save someone he's never met?[/quote]
Ok, this came out of left field for me. Who said anything about Jon swooping down from the Wall to rescue Dany? Indeed, he's never met or seen her, and probably only vaguely knows who she is--he's not going to leave his post for some stranger. I have always assumed that Dany would be the one to travel to the Wall, possibly to remove Stannis Baratheon's army from its occupation there. Maester Aemon only came to his PtwP realization [i]after[/i] he left the Wall, so Jon wouldn't know. Sam might cut short his training to hoof it back to the Wall to tell Jon but, if he does anything, he'd probably just send representatives of the Wall to go and see her--Jon would not leave personally. As for AA/PtwP...well, all signs [i]do[/i] sort of point to Dany, so it's probably inevitable that she would travel to the Wall to fulfill the prophesies if indeed the prophesies are true and if indeed they refer to her. If not, then it is still conceivable that she would visit the Wall as part of her Queenly tour to familiarize herself with Westeros and her subjects.

[quote name='Black Wizard' post='1298882' date='Apr 3 2008, 06.19'][i]A Song of Ice and Fire[/i] is not a fairy tale.[/quote]
Very true. But remember that fairy tales are but a simplistic form of fantasy, and although the books of ASoIaF are anything but simplistic, it is still a fantasy series. Why? Because it contains fantastic elements such as dragons, prophecies, wizardry, warging, a dark outer force (Others), beautiful young queen, and all that stuff. Fantasy leaves a lot of wiggle room for seemingly impossible events to take place, so it helps to keep one's mind open to all possibilities. Basically, we can all theorize, but no one can really [i]know[/i] until it has been written.

[quote name='Black Wizard' post='1299207' date='Apr 3 2008, 17.06']Lets have a show of e-hands. How many of you would forgive someone for killing your father in cold blood?[/quote]
If my father were an insane madman about to kill half a million people? Easily.

The problem is not the forgiving part, the problem is - as WISP already mentioned- the public pardonning. You just do not kill the king- for whatever reason- it would set a bad precedent, and Jaime was Kingsguard, that makes it so much worse...
so yes, Dany and Jaime is unlikely, I said so myself.

but what's the problem with Jon and Dany?
Black Wizard, Dany will certainly not land in Dorne (would be strategically mad), and she will not get captured by the ironborn either (just my opinion here). IMHO she will learn about the Other and go directly at the wall.And there she will meet Jon and somehow his parentage will be revealed (GRRM said so) and if he is a Targ then certainly they will be together (though perhaps not marry, because of his have no wife and father no child oath, who knows...). I think this is liekly going to happen even though ASOIAF is not a fairy tale...

[quote name='Gigei' post='1298539' date='Apr 3 2008, 04.20']Sandor + Sansa is all I want. I don't even care about Dany and jon anymore, just Sandor and Sansa, ideally before her "Daddy" takes her maidenhead.[/quote]

welcome in the club! :thumbsup: :cheers: :grouphug:

[quote name='Lone Wolf' post='1298749' date='Apr 3 2008, 09.42']I'd like to see a hook-up between Jon and Melisandre. Not a relationship, but a sudden one-time (or two) fling. They have a certain Fire and Ice vibe going, would make some pretty steamy scenes. And it's awfully cold on that wall, it's not like they have anything else to do. Sure there's the little problem regarding the psychotically evil shadow babies ...but I think Jon has a thing for Redheads.[/quote]

I totally second your one, too! :cheers:

[quote name='JoannaL' post='1299371' date='Apr 3 2008, 17.52']If my father were an insane madman about to kill half a million people? Easily.[/quote]
Was Aerys even going to kill half a million people (or mabye you're thinking about the wildfire)? He was in the middle of a war, and half a million people often die in wars regardless of the leader's sanity. Tywin Lannister authorised the rape and murder of hundereds of people inside King's Landing, but none of his oath-men tried to kill him.

[quote]Dany will certainly not land in Dorne (would be strategically mad)[/quote]
What's strategically mad about it? Dornish soldiers hold the passes to the North, the Ironborn are causing chaos in the West, and the Faith is causing chaos in the East. At Dorne Daenerys will increase the size of her army and be free from the madness that's occuring elsewhere.

Archived