Hookups

micswitch

[quote name='Tyro Lannister' post='1296191' date='Apr 1 2008, 11.21']Arya.. I really, really don't like Gendry so I don't want to see them get together. On the other hand I wouldn't mind seeing her end up with that young lord who was with the BWB, the heir to Starfall I think he was, his name was Ned too I think. There's also Edric Storm, Stannis' daughter can have the fool :)

As for Jon and Arya, I will do you one better and say Jon and Fake-Arya! If Jon is a Targ and leaves the NW and rescues Fake-Arya from the Boltons, finds that it's not really Arya but decides to marry her for effect. Real Arya can watch though, quiet as a mouse.

Jamie and Brienne, here's hoping the kids inherit his head and her body.

Sansa and Tyrion, I'm hoping Sansa learns to look past one's looks. Maybe when she learns the game of thrones from LF, she will be able to see how great a partner Tyrion would be.

Sandor and Asha, just because I want these two to have someone.

Val and Tormund Giantsbane, if anyone is gonna steal this wildling princess it's got to be him unless he's already stolen someone.. think he might have kids actually hmm.[/quote]

I don't agree with Sandor and Asha. I think Sandor kind of hungers for a woman to protect. It would all go back to his days when he still thought knights were honorable and protected women (i.e. why he is so compatible with Sansa) and Asha certainly doesn't seem like she needs much in the way of protecting.
I do like the idea of Arya with Ned of Starfall. He seemed like a very sweet kid. :)

[quote name='thick' post='1300818' date='Apr 4 2008, 09.51']Myself and Sansa...

If the filthy hound as much as touches her it had better be the last book because I'll throw away the series.

You've all ruined my day with this Hound/Sansa talk. Everytime I see it somewhere I get upset.[/quote]

Haha, I'll make you a deal. GRRM can write you and I into the series. You get Sansa, I get Sandor. Agreed? :P

[quote name='Ned Sand' post='1334052' date='Apr 29 2008, 13.05']:agree: :cheers: Best suggestion yet. They [i]so [/i]deserve each other.[/quote]

Nah, it would make Baelish too happy.

My own hookup I'd like to see is some Hightower (is Baelor Brightsmile unmarried?) with one of the ladies of Bear Island, to heal the damage Lynesse wrought all those years ago...I would have gone with Dacey, specifically, but necrophilia is frowned on in Westeros. I'm sure she has a sister of age, though, and likely just as fierce.

Baelor Brightsmile's married (to Rhonda Rowan IIRC). The youngest Hightower sib (Humfrey) doesn't have a wife mentioned anywhere. Dacey Mormont had four (?) younger sisters, and Maege Mormont has granddaughters of an age suitable to marry Robb, so I presume Dacey's next sister at least is married already - if the kiddies are Dacey's, no mention is made of it. There's always Lyanna Mormont, Maege's youngest daughter. :)

[quote name='Minchandre' post='1334488' date='Apr 29 2008, 19.10']Nah, it would make Baelish too happy.[/quote]Have you taken a good look at unCat lately? She's not well. Also, she wasn't all that nice a lady to begin with. You won't see me volunteering for the one-night-stand-of-the-living-dead. I don't expect our Petyr to survive.

• 3 years later...

Three year old threads ftw. :P

I found this thread on google and spent the last 2 hours reading it. I am a hopeless romantic, but while reading AGoT I thought, "The last thing I am gonna get out of this is a ship." But when you get so invested in the characters things happen when least expected, and Gendry had me giggling all through ACoK.

Arya and Gendry are my OTP. She is clearly too young atm and doesnt even notice Gendry in that way I think, but I expected Gendry to stay with her till the end of her journey, when she would be hopefully old enough. He seemed so loyal to her it was adorable. And the way he got so defensive whenever she mentioned their birth, seem to show that he didnt want to be reminded he wasnt good enough for her. But it all just made his departure in ASOS that much more painful for me. I guess he wasnt as loyal to her as I thought, but if they eventually meet again I will forgive him.

My second choice is Jaime and Brienne. They both deserve so much more than they have gotten in life. Jaime hasnt made the greatest choices, but I think he would have become a good man if it werent for Cersei, and he is on his way to becoming that still. Some have said that Jaime deserves better than Brienne because she is ugly, but his sister's beauty really didnt get him anywhere. Being shallow really isnt the solution to his happiness. And in Brienne's case, I wouldnt be surprised if she was half in love with him already. Who wouldnt be? :P

My third choice is Tyrion and Sansa. Tyrion is amazing and he really deserves a decent women for once in his life. And Sansa, imo, is more than decent, she's awesome. In the beginning her courtesies seemed pointless and annoying, but now they are her weapon. She is just as good of an actor as Tyrion, if not better. If she only knew the kind of man he was, they could play the game together. And she could still use a little more humility in her life. She must have learned by now that beauty isnt everything, in the case of Joffrey as well as herself. Its not her beauty that has saved her, but her courage.

I ship Bran/Meera. She's always hugging and kissing him, and I'd think they'd make a really cute couple.

I would also LOVE Bran with Meera. Her being a Reed is understanding of Bran's current...issue. Being that Howland and Ned both were great friends and how Meera has been on this journey with Bran would make them all the more compatible.

I want it to be true, oh GRRM please throw us a bone.

Tyrion Lannister and Arianne Martell. Because she is hot, has had to consider banging Walder Frey and other octagenarians for the last ten years, so she might not reject Tyrion out of hand, and she is smart enough to recognize his worth. But mostly because Tyrion deserves something good to happen to him before the series ends.

OK, I'm not too original, sue me:

1) Tyrion/Tysha. Easily #1 for me. Whores go to Braavos, she's the Sailor's Wife.

2) Jaime/Brienne. Has to be. Beauty and Beast in looks and deed.

3) Bran/Meera Reed. Let's breed some good warg genes.

4) Sansa/Sandor. Beauty and the Beast part 2.

5) Arya/Edric Dayne. Pale blond hair, dark blue almost purple eyes. He's in Dorne, so he likes him so lady's who can fight. Plus, he may be a Targ.

6) Dany/Ser Jorah. Seems unlikely, but I think she loves him, and I know he loves her.

7) Jon/Asha. If Jon doesn't get Dany (which doesn't appeal to me for some reason), I think Asha would be good. Nice Stark/Greyjob/Targ union here. If not Asha, then Arienne or a Sand Snake.

8) Cersei and Illyrio. Just because she deserves it.

9) Theon/Osha. He redeems himself. Irony pairing. They both tried to kill Bran.

10) Rickon/Val/one of Lady Mormont's Daughters

The male-female relationships in aSoIaF that interest me the most are all ones that I would actually never want to see consummated (or at least no further than they have so far been). Its the tension that I like, the confusion felt by the characters - the asymmetric nature of the relationships (one-sided affection, power dynamics, etc). ASoIaF is full of these kinds of "romances" - a word I use here in the loosest sense. Honestly if some of them were ever consummated I think I might burn my book.

Hound - Sansa - Littlefinger - (Catelyn)

Sansa has two incredibly unsuitable but incredibly powerful admirers and she is utterly powerless - her only power is her own innocence. It wouldn't be interesting to watch Sansa get creeped on by LF if we didn't know about Littlefinger's background and what's making him tick. Same with The Hound (his innocence was robbed, perhaps he should rob hers too). I hope that Sansa kills Littlefinger personally, and never meets The Hound again, but perhaps thinks of him on occasion. :huh:

Daenerys - Jorah

Ah, hopelessly unrequited love. Sure it's been done, but I love these two. The scene where Jorah kisses Daenerys stuck with me as the most "butterflies-in-the-stomach" romantic moment in the books. I like both characters, and both are flawed enough that I really can't blame Jorah for doing what he does (his major weakness appears to be falling in love with completely unsuitable women), or Dany for her response (she doesn't love him back - not her fault or his). Their final scene was extremely emotional for me, after all they'd been through together for their friendship to end like that... :crying:

Brienne - Jaime

The closest thing to a real pairing that I actually "ship" or whatever kidsthesedays are saying. Still their relationship is full of assymetries which is what makes it delicious. True knight vs. shit-for-honor. Witty vs. stoic. Beautiful vs. ugly. Prisoner vs. captor. Rich vs. poor. On and on and on. I still hope they never end up together. I think it more likely that Brienne will kill Jaime or 'tother way around - it's the only way to really end a tragic romance! :rolleyes:

Three year old threads ftw. :P

I found this thread on google and spent the last 2 hours reading it. I am a hopeless romantic, but while reading AGoT I thought, "The last thing I am gonna get out of this is a ship." But when you get so invested in the characters things happen when least expected, and Gendry had me giggling all through ACoK.

Arya and Gendry are my OTP. She is clearly too young atm and doesnt even notice Gendry in that way I think, but I expected Gendry to stay with her till the end of her journey, when she would be hopefully old enough. He seemed so loyal to her it was adorable. And the way he got so defensive whenever she mentioned their birth, seem to show that he didnt want to be reminded he wasnt good enough for her. But it all just made his departure in ASOS that much more painful for me. I guess he wasnt as loyal to her as I thought, but if they eventually meet again I will forgive him.

My second choice is Jaime and Brienne. They both deserve so much more than they have gotten in life. Jaime hasnt made the greatest choices, but I think he would have become a good man if it werent for Cersei, and he is on his way to becoming that still. Some have said that Jaime deserves better than Brienne because she is ugly, but his sister's beauty really didnt get him anywhere. Being shallow really isnt the solution to his happiness. And in Brienne's case, I wouldnt be surprised if she was half in love with him already. Who wouldnt be? :P

My third choice is Tyrion and Sansa. Tyrion is amazing and he really deserves a decent women for once in his life. And Sansa, imo, is more than decent, she's awesome. In the beginning her courtesies seemed pointless and annoying, but now they are her weapon. She is just as good of an actor as Tyrion, if not better. If she only knew the kind of man he was, they could play the game together. And she could still use a little more humility in her life. She must have learned by now that beauty isnt everything, in the case of Joffrey as well as herself. Its not her beauty that has saved her, but her courage.

I would love to see Tyrion and Sansa end up together! They could be utterly awesome, and bring out the best in each other. But I'm just not sure it could happen. Sansa has grown up a lot in the last two years; but she would need to grow up even more, emotionally. She distrusts all Lannisters, and she cannot respond sexually to Tyrion. (there is a sign that Sansa could change; when she questions, in her own thoughts, her relief at not having to share Tyrion's bed anymore; I think it's in ASOS) If she and Tyrion were to reunite in marriage, and Sansa was still repulsed by Tyrion, he would indulge in drinking and whoring. Sansa is still quite young, and could change. Particularly if Littlefinger goes too far with her, or she's married off to Harry-the-Heir and he's handsome but cruel or a drunken sot, something that gets Sansa to be more open to unions with less physically attractive men. I would love to see Sansa become Lady Lannister and Tyrion Lord Lannister, and fill Casterly Rock with smart, normally sized kids. Tyrion would make an awesome father, too.

I could also see Sandor and Sansa; but I don't think Sansa is going to want to live in the monastery, and I'm not sure Sandor is going to get himself a comfortable lordship/manor/castle. Of course, maybe he'll go defeat a regiment single-handed and get rewarded with a nice property or whatever. Sansa did remember his kiss with a nervous sort of nostalgia in AFFC.

Definitely Gendry & Arya - they are friends first, which is a good prelude to marriage. And Arya would love to have a husband who could make nice armor and weapons for her. I'd love to see them inherit Storm's End, though that might be a tall order. If Rickon dies (hopefully not), Bran (who I think will survive but be unable to sire children) can bring Arya back to Winterfell as his military advisor and Gendry can be the chief smith or whatever.

Tyrion and Daenerys could work as well, though Daenerys would have initially a lot of distrust towards the brother of her father's slayer.

I don't see Jaime surviving the series.

Jon is not going to be hooking up with anyone unless he is either kicked out of the Night's Watch or the Watch is disbanded. I don't see him ending up with Dany; that would just be too trite.

Rickon can end up with little Lady Ermesande (the toddler who was married to Tyrek Lannister), or one of the young Sand Snakes.

I would love to see Tyrion and Sansa end up together! They could be utterly awesome, and bring out the best in each other. But I'm just not sure it could happen. Sansa has grown up a lot in the last two years; but she would need to grow up even more, emotionally. She distrusts all Lannisters, and she cannot respond sexually to Tyrion. (there is a sign that Sansa could change; when she questions, in her own thoughts, her relief at not having to share Tyrion's bed anymore; I think it's in ASOS) If she and Tyrion were to reunite in marriage, and Sansa was still repulsed by Tyrion, he would indulge in drinking and whoring. Sansa is still quite young, and could change. Particularly if Littlefinger goes too far with her, or she's married off to Harry-the-Heir and he's handsome but cruel or a drunken sot, something that gets Sansa to be more open to unions with less physically attractive men. I would love to see Sansa become Lady Lannister and Tyrion Lord Lannister, and fill Casterly Rock with smart, normally sized kids. Tyrion would make an awesome father, too.

I could also see Sandor and Sansa; but I don't think Sansa is going to want to live in the monastery, and I'm not sure Sandor is going to get himself a comfortable lordship/manor/castle. Of course, maybe he'll go defeat a regiment single-handed and get rewarded with a nice property or whatever. Sansa did remember his kiss with a nervous sort of nostalgia in AFFC.

Definitely Gendry & Arya - they are friends first, which is a good prelude to marriage. And Arya would love to have a husband who could make nice armor and weapons for her. I'd love to see them inherit Storm's End, though that might be a tall order. If Rickon dies (hopefully not), Bran (who I think will survive but be unable to sire children) can bring Arya back to Winterfell as his military advisor and Gendry can be the chief smith or whatever.

Tyrion and Daenerys could work as well, though Daenerys would have initially a lot of distrust towards the brother of her father's slayer.

I don't see Jaime surviving the series.

Jon is not going to be hooking up with anyone unless he is either kicked out of the Night's Watch or the Watch is disbanded. I don't see him ending up with Dany; that would just be too trite.

Rickon can end up with little Lady Ermesande (the toddler who was married to Tyrek Lannister), or one of the young Sand Snakes.

Yeah, as someone else pointed out, this is not a fairytale. We might get the establishment of one new couple by the end of the series, if we're lucky. But in true fairytale fashion, am I the only one who suspects Arya will grow up to be beautiful?

Daenerys seems to put great stock in looks. She is physically unattracted to Jorah and that prevents her from wanting him. Why would she ever want Tyrion?

Daenerys seems to put great stock in looks. She is physically unattracted to Jorah and that prevents her from wanting him. Why would she ever want Tyrion?

It's unclear why Dany doesn't desire Jorah, just that she doesn't. It's certainly not clear that its because he is ugly. I think it's more likely that her strong platonic feelings towards him have gotten in the way (he's friendzoned).

OTOH I would burn my book if Dany + Tyrion happened. Just... wrong. :stillsick:

It's unclear why Dany doesn't desire Jorah, just that she doesn't. It's certainly not clear that its because he is ugly. I think it's more likely that her strong platonic feelings towards him have gotten in the way (he's friendzoned).

While I don't think Jorah was ugly, I didn't think she was attracted to him. Dany likes flashy guys like Daario or Khal Drogo. Alas, neither Jorah nor Tyrion have a chance against guys with bells in their hair, swords with naked ladies on the hilt, or colorful beards. I don't think Jorah got friendzoned, I think he wasn't her type.

That being said, count me in for adamant agreement that Tyrion and Dany have no business ending up together.

Dany seems attracted to dangerous, physically striking alpha males like Drogo and Daario, and while Jorah is certainly a capable fighter, he apparently doesn't qualify in Dany's estimation. Also, she seems to consider him to be too old for her.

Archived