Goodkind XXXVIII: The Great Tomato Showdown

Myshkin

Just making sure. So to tie this back into Tairy's World, where would shemales figure in his worldview? Would they be the almost rapers or the almost raped, or both?

[quote name='Ecchi-Oni' post='1457211' date='Jul 26 2008, 01.12']If those teenage girls are in seifuku, megane, and neko-mimi what's wrong with that picture?[/quote]
Absolutely nothing.
Methinks Wyatt believes that he is evil, so he says the worst thing he can think of.
What he said is pure innocence compared to the Lovecraftian depths of most Lemmings' minds.
Why do you think we are lemmings of Discord?
NINJA- We need to think of a new title.
Goodkind XXXIX: Now on TV
Subtitle: Legend of Lemmings
Or something like that but minus the suck.

Goodkind's career has been decades shorter than Moorcock's yet his books sell much more and he has already been the inspiration to more than one (horrible) author. I can think of Newcombe and those two guys who wrote The Hickory Staff. More may appear as Goodkind fans grow up.

And by the way, early Moorcock has been a partial inspiration to my unpublished writing too. Late Moorcock I however consider an example of what not to do.

So, the huge differences between Goodkind and Moorcock are:
- Goodkind looks down on all fantasy, Moorcock on all epic fantasy.
- Goodkind and Moorcock are vocal about opposite political positions.
- Goodkind has a lot of gratuitous almost-rape (either as author appeal or to sell his books), Moorcock a lot of gratuitous appearances by characters from his other books (either as author appeal or to sell his other books too).
- Moorcock is more popular among other writers.
- Moorcock has had a longer career.
- While both Goodkind and Moorcock think themselves as great writers, Moorcock estimations of his prose style are closer to truth.

And about Moorcock's satire:

[quote name='"Wikipedia"']Although satire is usually meant to be funny, the purpose of satire is not primarily humor in itself so much as an attack on something of which the author strongly disapproves, using the weapon of wit.

Because satire is stealthy criticism, it frequently escapes censorship[/quote]

I think Moorcock concentrated on attack so much that funniness got a distinct short shrift. And I don't think the criticism in Firing the Cathedral is "stealthy" by any definition of the word.

Just try comparing Moorcock and The Onion...

By the way, I'm definitely going to start a thread about Epic Pooh and how exactly it is ignorant and wrong.

[quote name='Dylanfanatic' post='1457253' date='Jul 26 2008, 19.05']Just making sure. So to tie this back into Tairy's World, where would shemales figure in his worldview? Would they be the almost rapers or the almost raped, or both?[/quote]

I think you're simplifying the Yeardian morality somewhat. Some people may think that this is ok in a post Yeardian world and I would like to point out to those people that the Yeard explicitly did [i]not[/i] die for your sins! It died because it perceived that its own rational self-interest would be better served in death than in life! It chose life, and in doing so, died. And because it did not die for anyone else it lives on, immortal.

Now, to your question. Obviously the Yeardian morality is far too complex to give a satisfactory answer to your question, and we would need to consider numerous other factors before we could even approach the Yeards good Truth in this matter. For instance, does the shemale in question have breasts, and if so, how large are they? What is the shemale's sexual preference and with which gender does he/she identify? And, most importantly, would practical enactment of his/her sexual preference be considered "hot" by the majority of members of an average professional football team?

As you can see the Yeardian morality sufficiently deep to encompass all of life diversity and in theory there are as many answers to your question as there are shemales in the world. Oddly, in practice it turns out that all those answers are grouped under the broad heading of "weirdo-culturally-diverse death-choosers who are an abomination unto Truth". It's a weird coincidence, but even so gradated a moral scale as Goodkind's can have some hiccups from time to time.

[quote name='Myshkin' post='1457204' date='Jul 26 2008, 13.57']No.

Oh. My. God. I should never have looked at that spoiler. I.......I need to go throw up now.[/quote]
Am I the only one remembering La Blue Girl because of that spoiler? *shudders*

(and damn. that's just sick)

[quote name='The Pita Enigma' post='1457290' date='Jul 26 2008, 06.28']Absolutely nothing.
Methinks Wyatt believes that he is evil, so he says the worst thing he can think of.
What he said is pure innocence compared to the Lovecraftian depths of most Lemmings' minds.
Why do you think we are lemmings of Discord?[/quote]

I'm actually just testing the limits of this site to put up with me. I've had others ban me just for linking my blog on my signature. Others are a step-up, and let me have my blog but not refer to nazis, lolicon, or bondage. And a Wyatt that cannot refer to lolicon, nazis or bondage is a sad Wyatt.

[quote name='The Pita Enigma' post='1457290' date='Jul 26 2008, 03.28']NINJA- We need to think of a new title.
Goodkind XXXIX: Now on TV
Subtitle: Legend of Lemmings
Or something like that but minus the suck.[/quote]

Goodking XXXIX: The Lemming Zone
Subtitle: We control the rational and the truthical.

I'd just like to say that I am terrified right now because, talking about Terry elsewhere, there is a Terry fan who is a former United States Marine and who engages in sword practice. This is a man who considers the characters as depicted in the Sword of Truth novels to behave in a moral fashion. He believes the death of Harold was perfectly justified and the correct, moral decision and that no other options were available to resolve the matter. He believes that the slaughter of the peace protestors was correct, justified, and moral.

And this is a man who has been trained to kill by an organization with a vested interest in producing men and women who are very good at killing other humans beings. A man who is also learning to employ sharp pieces of steel in order to effectively kill other human beings.

And he believes that Richard and company are rational, moral beings.

This man, statistically, cannot be the only Sword of Truth fan so trained.

Hold me, lemmings. Comfort me. Choose death, and hug me and tell me that there are other death-choosers out there who value human life and find the philosophy and actions Terry Goodkind advocates morally reprehensible who will, not even knowing my name, go out and perform a difficult, thankless task that means the preservation of my life and the lives of countless others. Tell me I don't have to be afraid, my fellow lemmings.

[quote name='The Road To Awe' post='1457811' date='Jul 26 2008, 23.08']I'd just like to say that I am terrified right now because, talking about Terry elsewhere, there is a Terry fan who is a former United States Marine and who engages in sword practice. This is a man who considers the characters as depicted in the Sword of Truth novels to behave in a moral fashion. He believes the death of Harold was perfectly justified and the correct, moral decision and that no other options were available to resolve the matter. He believes that the slaughter of the peace protestors was correct, justified, and moral.

And this is a man who has been trained to kill by an organization with a vested interest in producing men and women who are very good at killing other humans beings. A man who is also learning to employ sharp pieces of steel in order to effectively kill other human beings.

And he believes that Richard and company are rational, moral beings.

This man, statistically, cannot be the only Sword of Truth fan so trained.

Hold me, lemmings. Comfort me. Choose death, and hug me and tell me that there are other death-choosers out there who value human life and find the philosophy and actions Terry Goodkind advocates morally reprehensible who will, not even knowing my name, go out and perform a difficult, thankless task that means the preservation of my life and the lives of countless others. Tell me I don't have to be afraid, my fellow lemmings.[/quote]
First thing they do in bootcamp is make sure you never have another independent thought enter what's left of your brain. No sane person would enter military unless they really like to kill things and then sane is a very generous term. There must be a lot of tairitards in the military since those guys take well to indoctrination.

TRTA my simple answer is this: No.

But "no" can be vague. So I'll extrapolate. No, you may not hide from the moral celery that is rampaging across our nation. I have said it before, I'll say it again. Terry Goodkind must be put to true justice for his Crimes against Philosophy and the harm he has brought to the children. Now the children are grown ups and they have guns and swords. For this reason I am the minister of propaganda and Inventor of Holy Goals. By far the greatest goal a lemming layperson can achieve is this: constantly mock Mr. T-airy until he stops writing and recants all the foul filth that has ever dripped from his free-form-novel- writing fingers (and his chief priest M* as well), and the second is like it: NEVER FEED THE YEARD. But alas the YEARD has become imortalized as the ever correct Will so justly asserts. The Yeard no longer needs to be fed. It has achieved Sainthood amongst the Myst-acolytes.

Forever you must sleep in fear of the Chicken that is not a chicken and the Raptor gaze of the bearer of all truthiness. When the time comes and the banners of Lord Tairy fly freely on this ships of the Objectivist's, then must you choose the final death and die for your Altruism.

Go to sleep child. Sleep and dream of the nightmare to come.

[quote name='The Road To Awe' post='1456905' date='Jul 25 2008, 17.58']Wyatt's very shy. He wouldn't like all those people looking at him, especially since I make him wear seifuku and buruma a few sizes too small. The skirt on the seifuku is delightfully short.

Can't you just hear his soft words, "oh, Andrew-sama, so embarassed! All of these people looking at Wyatt-chan!" and his soft cheeks turning beet red.[/quote]
Well whatever I was expecting, it wasn't that. :blush:

As for the SoT fan.... just stay away from him. Far, far away.

Looking at all these unfamiliar Japanese terms, how mistaken would I be to presume that Tairy is some sort of uke to Ayn Rand's seme? Or is it that it's the goat that's the uke and Tairy's the bari/seme? Or is really that the chicken isn't a chicken, but instead some bari/seme?

I'm confused.

Archived