Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Shryke

[quote]Can you explain this a bit better?
There are queue issues specific to Destro, or are you referring to my complaint? And if so, I was thinking it was due to low volume in the dark elf areas. I haven't tried moving my witch elf and sorceress to say, chaos areas to see if I queue better there, but why would Mythic clone a server if the problem is low volume? Am I wrong and it's likely due to too high volume (server info says there is low population for both Order and Destro)? Why would that be? You'd think they'd clone multiple RvR instances so that you'd be queuing to first available or something.[/quote]

Its common fact that destruction for the most part out numbers order at the moment and the problem does seem to be killing world rvr, as an order player you do something and destruction turns up with double your number. If your group is good and organised you can hold out for awhile but qunatity does have a quailty of its own.

So that bought some servers to having destruction hitting the pop cap and having to wait in queues, so instead of leaving them to suffer that consequence or giving them an incentive to either switch sides or change realms they went and cloned servers, your character still exists on your old realm but is also exactly the same on the new cloned realm, all it did was make more servers for destruction to complete zerg you with.

The big patch last night looked like it was going to fox some of the minor things that were annoying me, like the useless tab targeting.

I havent tried a crafting skill yet, I wanted to do cultivation, but the wait times seem frustrating, and I also cant find a trainer yet in tier two. I dont feel like running all the way back to that windmill to get a crappy skill.

[quote name='BlueRose' post='1541818' date='Oct 3 2008, 13.33']I havent tried a crafting skill yet, I wanted to do cultivation, but the wait times seem frustrating, and I also cant find a trainer yet in tier two. I dont feel like running all the way back to that windmill to get a crappy skill.[/quote]
The wait times are an insult. In this day and age, it is acceptable to have a five- or ten-second craft ticker like WoW does, but when even base-level Cultivation recipes take 1 minute (20 seconds or so per phase), it's ridiculous.

[quote name='DanteGabriel' post='1541829' date='Oct 3 2008, 10.51']The wait times are an insult. In this day and age, it is acceptable to have a five- or ten-second craft ticker like WoW does, but when even base-level Cultivation recipes take 1 minute (20 seconds or so per phase), it's ridiculous.[/quote]
That does seem silly.

Goalie's doing talisman making, but he has yet to make anything we'd actually use. A lot of the low level ones disappear after a certain length of time.

[quote name='BlueRose' post='1541844' date='Oct 3 2008, 14.02']That does seem silly.

Goalie's doing talisman making, but he has yet to make anything we'd actually use. A lot of the low level ones disappear after a certain length of time.[/quote]

ALL Talismans disappear after a certain length of time. Talisman's are basically potions that last a REALLY long time.

[quote]The big patch last night looked like it was going to fox some of the minor things that were annoying me, like the useless tab targeting.[/quote]

I can confirm that its still abit useless. Was messing around in Nordenwatch scenraio earlier on the old WH and the target I picked to splato went down easily (lv3 sorc no surprise it died) then I wanted to tab target to the squig herder next to it. instead it gave me the Blorc on the other side of the fight before giving me the gobbo.

Its infinitly better then the old version but its still annoyingly bad.

[quote name='Shryke' post='1541848' date='Oct 3 2008, 11.05']ALL Talismans disappear after a certain length of time. Talisman's are basically potions that last a REALLY long time.[/quote]
I didnt know that, thanks for the clarification.

SirRots, that sucks about the tab targeting. Another thing that annoys me is that when there's a mob on Goalie and one on me, and we're right next to each other, and in a party, when my mob dies, it doesnt automatically target me to his mob.

Yeah targetting sucks... and in pvp for melee that can be the difference between saving a healer and sitting on your thumb.

I've got tali skill in the 30s I think, and have yet to use a single tali I've made outside of the first 3-5 I made. I've also had to drop a few gold on buying RP gear to disenchant, otherwise I simply couldn't get my skill up, since I couldn't find shards at my level.

One thing regarding the long tradeskill timers you have to remember is that you generally can do it while running. I can disenchant while running (i'm fairly certain), although I haven't tried creating a tali, since usually I'm sitting next to the merchant.

One comment I'll make about scenarios is that it fucking blows if you aren't in a guild group. I usually win 50-80% or more when I'm with a guild group, yet probably drop to 20% in non-guild groups. RvR probably works better for that, unless you are a tank... in which case your bitch ass doesn't get healed in the front and you don't get rezzed. Thankfully I'm in a 300-person guild, so there are almost always 2-3 groups running SC at every tier... and your guildmates will heal/rez your retarded meatshield ass.

Another interesting observation I will make is that games where you group more often, you tend to build better relationships. EQ was the perfect example, where you group up with people over and over, and spend hours together which helps you bond. WoW was probably the opposite, where you solo'd too much, and unless you were raiding, it was much harder to build any sort of relationship. Having to team up for SCs (you can form your own little SC team by adding people that you found were good), plus PQs, really force you to build relationships starting on Day 1.

[quote name='BlueRose' post='1541890' date='Oct 3 2008, 14.32']I didnt know that, thanks for the clarification.

SirRots, that sucks about the tab targeting. Another thing that annoys me is that when there's a mob on Goalie and one on me, and we're right next to each other, and in a party, when my mob dies, it doesnt automatically target me to his mob.[/quote]

Does any game do that?

[quote name='Shryke' post='1541918' date='Oct 3 2008, 11.53']Does any game do that?[/quote]
WoW did, maybe it was due to some check box or something. But when you're pretty much standing on the mob attacking your party member, I think it makes sense.

[quote name='BlueRose' post='1542062' date='Oct 3 2008, 16.46']WoW did, maybe it was due to some check box or something. But when you're pretty much standing on the mob attacking your party member, I think it makes sense.[/quote]

I've never seen WoW do this ever. If you have no target, it will auto-target anything hitting YOU I know, but not a party member afaik.

Talismans don't all have durations. I've gotten quite a few permanent ones from quests or influence rewards. It's possible that all crafted talismans are temporary, though, which would be pretty terrible if true.

[quote name='Shryke' post='1542158' date='Oct 3 2008, 15.17']I've never seen WoW do this ever. If you have no target, it will auto-target anything hitting YOU I know, but not a party member afaik.[/quote]
I could be totally wrong, it's been months since I played wow. Maybe I was just really used to hitting tab on instinct in that kind of situation, where in this game hitting tab seems to target something halfway across the zone instead of the mob beside me beating up my healer.
Hopefully they can get this sorted out.

[quote name='BlueRose' post='1542062' date='Oct 3 2008, 16.46']WoW did, maybe it was due to some check box or something. But when you're pretty much standing on the mob attacking your party member, I think it makes sense.[/quote]

target of target is the only thing that comes to mind.

there are unit frame mods that do that hto.

Huh. I've only just started using tab to target (yes, I suck at this stuff :P), and I'm not noticing any glaring problems with it. :dunno: I've only used it in the Nordenwatch scenario and with long-range DPS and a healer, so maybe that's why I'm not noticing any problems.

I just last night decided to try out the zealot to round out my half-naked Destro characters. :P So far, I actually like playing her in RvR. I've never pictured myself as the healer type, to stick in the background and watch as everyone else has fun, but it was pretty cool, actually. :)

Another complaint I've generated is the distances between points where you can fly to other locations. I'd like to get to Inevitable to buy some good gear for my new zealot, but none of my destro characters are anywhere near a fly point.

Due to some technical issues (hah driver hell) I haven't played as much as I would like to, but I have a lvl 10ish Chosen and Zealot respectively. Both min renown rank 5 now (the Chosen is 7 I think).

-the tab targetting is improved, but not good.

-missing target of target

-loads of interface mods are coming in tho, and the basic interface is very nice and modular and you can edit it in loads of ways. I have just had a first tiny dabble with it, and it seems more like the LOTRO interface than WoW in that you can move around lots of the components.

- Apparently you can get GRID for WAR. Awesome!! I am a total GRID fangirl. And there is a version of PitBull out as well. All my old WoW friends. :)

-PvP tanking is fun. PvP heeling is fun. I don't feel half as gimped as a healer in WAR as I did as a healer in WoW. In Wow Gear >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spec>>>>Skill when it came to PVP healing. Here, anything goes.

-The lack of "LOL n00b" and "FFS" is awesome. Open parties and people are NICE! As in, polite. Talking and spamming are kept to a minimal and it makes people way nicer.

-Healing aggro is shit. They really need to sort out the random aggro and the radius of healing aggro. Some randomd dude 5 dies 5 miles over yonder, cue my Zealot getting IMBA aggro from 4 elites who all rush over to me, while I detaunt. Which has one target. lael? Overall mob aggro is flaky. This is normally not too bad since my healer can live through some bashing, and has some ok damage spells too, but is an annoying little thing.

-The Inevitable City is like Undercity version 2.0, only bigger, weirder and more mindboggling. Undercity is still more complicated to get around in tho. :P

So far I have just done the standard RVR and not many scenarios. The scenarios was more like standard WoW battlegrounds, except the pain doesn't last as long and people aren't AFK botting. :P The normal RVR I found was more fun, with taking back objectives and stuff. It's kinda fun to realise "Hey, I got killed by Teapot and Vladimijr in this area as well, I recognise them from area A." :lol:

-Destruction is FTW. Nuff said :)

[quote name='Lyanna Stark' post='1544279' date='Oct 6 2008, 15.01']Due to some technical issues (hah driver hell) I haven't played as much as I would like to, but I have a lvl 10ish Chosen and Zealot respectively. Both min renown rank 5 now (the Chosen is 7 I think).

-the tab targetting is improved, but not good.

-missing target of target

-loads of interface mods are coming in tho, and the basic interface is very nice and modular and you can edit it in loads of ways. I have just had a first tiny dabble with it, and it seems more like the LOTRO interface than WoW in that you can move around lots of the components.

- Apparently you can get GRID for WAR. Awesome!! I am a total GRID fangirl. And there is a version of PitBull out as well. All my old WoW friends. :)

-PvP tanking is fun. PvP heeling is fun. I don't feel half as gimped as a healer in WAR as I did as a healer in WoW. In Wow Gear >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spec>>>>Skill when it came to PVP healing. Here, anything goes.

-The lack of "LOL n00b" and "FFS" is awesome. Open parties and people are NICE! As in, polite. Talking and spamming are kept to a minimal and it makes people way nicer.

-Healing aggro is shit. They really need to sort out the random aggro and the radius of healing aggro. Some randomd dude 5 dies 5 miles over yonder, cue my Zealot getting IMBA aggro from 4 elites who all rush over to me, while I detaunt. Which has one target. lael? Overall mob aggro is flaky. This is normally not too bad since my healer can live through some bashing, and has some ok damage spells too, but is an annoying little thing.

-The Inevitable City is like Undercity version 2.0, only bigger, weirder and more mindboggling. Undercity is still more complicated to get around in tho. :P

So far I have just done the standard RVR and not many scenarios. The scenarios was more like standard WoW battlegrounds, except the pain doesn't last as long and people aren't AFK botting. :P The normal RVR I found was more fun, with taking back objectives and stuff. It's kinda fun to realise "Hey, I got killed by Teapot and Vladimijr in this area as well, I recognise them from area A." :lol:

[b]
-Destruction is FTW. Nuff said[/b] :)[/quote]
Nice synopsis, Lyanna. :) I'm glad I'm not the only one who seems to like this game (better than WoW?).

About the bolded part, does Destro seem more powerful than Order? :unsure: It might just be the server my Destro chars are on, but, at least in the low rank RvR Nordenwatch, Chaos usually wins by a huge margin. It's [i]almost[/i] not fun. :P

Archived