Anticipation 2009 (Montreal Worldcon)

Kat

[quote name='Mo Sneachd' post='1477140' date='Aug 12 2008, 15.10']Love the party train idea :)

Now for winning the lottery, or something like that.[/quote]
I'm thinking of some type of museum robbery. Surely with your knowledge of 19th century history, and my street credit, we could pull off some sort of elaborate con?

[quote name='Lord of Oop North' post='1477159' date='Aug 12 2008, 19.22']I'm thinking of some type of museum robbery. Surely with your knowledge of 19th century history, and my street credit, we could pull off some sort of elaborate con?[/quote]

I like this plan. I already checked whether Montreal had a museum on medical history, but it looks like we'll have to make do with other things.

[quote name='Zollo' post='1477173' date='Aug 12 2008, 15.34']Eastern Canada... wilderness, Quebec, Great Lakes, marine mammals all over the place - i.e. boat trips, St. Lawrence Bay...

Yes, I figure I can fit the con in there.[/quote]

yer such an elitist =P

[quote]I like this plan. I already checked whether Montreal had a museum on medical history, but it looks like we'll have to make do with other things.[/quote]
We'll figure something out. I know it.

[quote name='Zollo' post='1477173' date='Aug 12 2008, 15.34']Eastern Canada... wilderness, Quebec, Great Lakes, marine mammals all over the place - i.e. boat trips, St. Lawrence Bay...

You are kidding, right?

I was planning on going to Cape Breton Highlands, Fundy, Gaspesie, and Malbaie before the Con.

[quote name='Lord of Oop North' post='1477198' date='Aug 12 2008, 20.51']We'll figure something out. I know it.

You are kidding, right?

I was planning on going to Cape Breton Highlands, Fundy, Gaspesie, and Malbaie before the Con.[/quote]

Not at all. I will be damned if I go to a Con on another continent for nothing but 5 days of boozing in a hotel (however much I like doing that too). Another 2 weeks in Canada after the Con....you bet.

[quote name='Zollo' post='1477173' date='Aug 12 2008, 19.34']Eastern Canada... wilderness, Quebec, Great Lakes, marine mammals all over the place - i.e. boat trips, St. Lawrence Bay...

There is boozing, geekdom AND nature?

I have to make that one -_-

[quote name='Zollo' post='1477203' date='Aug 12 2008, 15.56']Not at all. I will be damned if I go to a Con on another continent for nothing but 5 days of boozing in a hotel (however much I like doing that too). Another 2 weeks in Canada after the Con....you bet.[/quote]
Yes, a totally sweet idea. It is also a good time for birds and such in eastern canada. A lot of the sites will have plenty of them, I do believe.

ETA: i.e. Machias Seal Island, and Bonaventure

ETA2: I think Cap Tourmente (north-east of Quebec City) in Clarlevoix would be a big one, too.

[quote name='Lord of Oop North' post='1477208' date='Aug 12 2008, 20.02']Mo, Canada is basically boozing and nature. That is my country, in a nutshell.[/quote]

Sounds like Scotland without the midges and the pipers. Lovely place, why don't I live there?

[quote name='Lord of Oop North' post='1477208' date='Aug 12 2008, 15.02']Mo, Canada is basically boozing and nature. That is my country, in a nutshell.[/quote]
You forgot the hockey, but that might count as a subset of boozing. :P

As for the con itself - I dunno. Many things to be sorted out before then.

Eta: hey, why is there a heart by the time in my post?

Archived