Rhaegar Targaryen

Rhaegar the Unbeliever

• 1 month later...

Reading the posts on here from 2008 and people's wild over-estimations of the show's budget and who they could afford makes me sad :( Considering this thread may go on for years to come I may eat my words. But its weird that the show hasn't had a big-time actor since Sean Bean

Reading the posts on here from 2008 and people's wild over-estimations of the show's budget and who they could afford makes me sad :( Considering this thread may go on for years to come I may eat my words. But its weird that the show hasn't had a big-time actor since Sean Bean

Do we need a big-time actor? The casting has been phenomenal, and the acting has been excellent across the board. There are plenty of terrific actors that aren't "big-time." Why use up the show's budget for celebrity actors when it can be spent on production design and special effects?

Do we need a big-time actor? The casting has been phenomenal, and the acting has been excellent across the board. There are plenty of terrific actors that aren't "big-time." Why use up the show's budget for celebrity actors when it can be spent on production design and special effects?

YES! Big name actors are a waste, they cost a lot and make it more difficult to accept them as that character instead of the actor. I'd much prefer someone who can act and look the pat who no one knows about.

• 1 month later...

Someone (I forgot who) suggested this guy for Rhaegar...and I think lookwise he would be brilliant. :-)

Boyd Holbrook:

http://www.listal.com/viewimage/1111894

http://www.hommestar.com/?q=node/229/image_gallery&page=14

http://theberry.com/2013/01/03/afternoon-eye-candy-boyd-holbrook-25-photos/boyd-holbrook-10/

He does look a lot like Harry Lloyd

(did not hotlink, but gave links to the websites with the pictures I found on google...I hope this is allowed)

Sean Bean was not the only one who's big-time. Lena Headey's got some credits on her belt too.

As for the Rhaegar actor.. I have to agree with the Ed Marquezini choice - he'd be perfect! He's got the aura and the looks.

While they might be accomplished actors I wouldn't consider them big actors. Anyway, the show absolutely doens't need any big names, they can get nobodies who can act for cheap.

While they might be accomplished actors I wouldn't consider them big actors. Anyway, the show absolutely doens't need any big names, they can get nobodies who can act for cheap.

Hehe, yes wrong term used, not a high-roller, but at least they've gain a certain familiarity.

True, and I think part of it's charm is that since most of the actors aren't that known, we just see them as they are right now and do not associate them from their previous acts. And the only expectation is only how they can personify the character from the book.

Hehe, yes wrong term used, not a high-roller, but at least they've gain a certain familiarity.

True, and I think part of it's charm is that since most of the actors aren't that known, we just see them as they are right now and do not associate them from their previous acts. And the only expectation is only how they can personify the character from the book.

Do you like this as a look for Rhaegar?

http://xa.yimg.com/k...age.jpg?type=sn

I'm glad I'll never get to see Rhaegar in the show. I think I'd just start hating him very quickly if I did. His mysterious air would be lost. He would just be an aristocratic pretty boy who happens to be good at everything, but who spends his time moping in corners while playing the harp and making people horny.

Only Sean Been was a big time actor

How about Charles Dance? I was also surprised to see him in GoT. He's been in several high profile films (including - although not admittedly his finest hour - Ellen Ripley's love interest in Alien 3) as well as a regular face on the small screen.

Archived