Rhaegar Targaryen

Rhaegar the Unbeliever

Assuming they cast the role in a capacity that requires an actual actor to play the part (as opposed to an extra), then I'd like to see Jonathan Rhys-Meyers play the part.

http://cdn.bloody-di...hys-Meyers.jpeg

Even though I hated this guy in From Paris with Love, I agree that he could definitely look the part.

Even though I hated this guy in From Paris with Love, I agree that he could definitely look the part.

Ick. Rhaegar supposed to be beautiful not creepy androgynous. It's hard to cast a handsomely beautiful man that's not bordering on effeminate. That's why I've always seen, and this is dream casting i realize, a young Charlie Hunnam, Alex Pettyfer-type, or someone suggested recently Matt Bomer.

Has to be Jonathan Rhys Meyers, he's an excellent actor and has that otherwordly beauty that distinguish the Targs. He can pull of the intellectual ruler, i.e the Tudors. Plus he's done television before so unlike some of the suggestions here, it's not unrealistic to think he would do it.

http://diaphania.blo...6382cec98bf.jpg

http://static.diary....25/47700592.jpg

http://www.nndb.com/...s-meyers-1.jpeg

http://images2.fanpo...1-1280-1024.jpg

I think he would have worked 10yrs ago but age and substance abuse have taken their toll on his looks.

http://jrhysmeyers.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/jonathan-rhys-meyers-mortal-instruments-still-exclusive-05-1024x684.jpg

Other than the dark knight he had no acting ability...

You're foolish. Or you have no ability to see good acting talent. Yeah he had some luvvy duvvy blockbuster's but the guy can act. he's been in like 3 movies nominated for oscars

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if they ever will ever get round to portraying flashbacks (or even progress to seasons 8 - 9 as envisioned, which could also possibly offer an opportunity to portray Rhaegar and Lyanna), however I'm sure I've read somewhere that although there were no plans for any flashbacks (we saw this in the HOTU scenes at the end of season 2), the producers have hinted at more past revelations to come as the series progresses, so that could surely mean portraying Rhaegar and Lyanna through the Weirwood trees or through a re-telling of past events of some kind from a character such as Howland Reed?

Many GOT viewers whom I have spoken to - who are not familiar with the books - don't see the significance of characters such as Lyanna, Rhaegar and Aerys and certainly don't seem to be able to connect them to current events in the manner that book readers are able to, so I think HBO may have lost an opportunity there. If R+L=J does turn out to be correct as many speculate, then they will need to make the history of events preceeding GoT much more prominent, and for that, I'm sure they may need to introduce Rhaegar in some form of another.

As for my preferences for Rhaegar, I think Jonathan R. Meyers is an interesting choice and think it could work, however I am more inclined to go for Alexander Skarsgard. He is the first actor I thought of when thinking of a visual portrayal of Rhaegar and as the more sensitive side of the Eric Northman character was exposed in True Blood, am sure that he could convincingly carry off the sullen, romantic aspect of Rhaegar's personality.

I'm not sure if they ever will ever get round to portraying flashbacks (or even progress to seasons 8 - 9 as envisioned, which could also possibly offer an opportunity to portray Rhaegar and Lyanna), however I'm sure I've read somewhere that although there were no plans for any flashbacks (we saw this in the HOTU scenes at the end of season 2), the producers have hinted at more past revelations to come as the series progresses, so that could surely mean portraying Rhaegar and Lyanna through the Weirwood trees or through a re-telling of past events of some kind from a character such as Howland Reed?

Many GOT viewers whom I have spoken to - who are not familiar with the books - don't see the significance of characters such as Lyanna, Rhaegar and Aerys and certainly don't seem to be able to connect them to current events in the manner that book readers are able to, so I think HBO may have lost an opportunity there. If R+L=J does turn out to be correct as many speculate, then they will need to make the history of events preceeding GoT much more prominent, and for that, I'm sure they may need to introduce Rhaegar in some form of another.

As for my preferences for Rhaegar, I think Jonathan R. Meyers is an interesting choice and think it could work, however I am more inclined to go for Alexander Skarsgard. He is the first actor I thought of when thinking of a visual portrayal of Rhaegar and as the more sensitive side of the Eric Northman character was exposed in True Blood, am sure that he could convincingly carry off the sullen, romantic aspect of Rhaegar's personality.

No Alex Skarsgard, please. He's one of the hottest men on TV and makes a great Eric Northman - despite abysmal writing for his character, but is too closely associated with True Blood in my opinion.

If we get Bran visions of Rhaegar and Lyanna, I hope both of them are played by relative unknowns. So far Nina Gold has found an incredible cast and given roles to a number of actors who are just starting out, and they've been surprising and delightful discoveries.

I made a picture of Rhaegar using the face of Ben Barnes. I thought that in many artwork there was a resemblance, so I also used it for my picture (which I also used for my avatar), though I also considered Heath Ledger (Because of the picture with the harp)

I made a picture of Rhaegar using the face of Ben Barnes. I thought that in many artwork there was a resemblance, so I also used it for my picture (which I also used for my avatar), though I also considered Heath Ledger (Because of the picture with the harp)

Your avatar looks pretty spot on, actually!!! :agree:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived