Rhaegar Targaryen

Rhaegar the Unbeliever

i think someone like viggo mortensen or michael fassbender could pull it off, though they are older than what rhaegar looked like at the time he died. maybe tom hiddleston? his eyes and stare remind me of harry lloyd for a reason, and he is i think tall and thin like i picture rhaegar to be... but if they are going for someone who looks younger then Aaron Johnson, Charlie Hunnam, Max Irons...

Ralph fiennes with a silver hair wig at the time he played heathcliff back in 92 would've been perfect

Skarsgard is too old. He is about ten years older than Rhaegar was at the end of the war. I would hope that if they cast cameos for the rebellion, they would at least try to keep all the actors around their early twenties, like Kit Harington and Emilia Clarke. And if they cast Lyanna at least close to her actual age, like they did for Sansa/Sophie Turner, many of the choices people have listed would turn creepy fast.

I don't think anybody would think twice about the age. I think it does not really matter whether a person is 27 or 37 ... light, make-up and acting will do the trick. Anyhow, Sean Bean was actually much too old for the part. Sean is past 50 und Ned Stark in the book is about 35, if I remember correctly. (I won't even mention Catelyn .... she looks about 20 years too old.)

So, Alexander Skarsgard is not too bad for the part.

My all-time favorite for the part of Rhaegar, however, is Vincent Perez. He is just perfect. Beautiful eyes that convey so much melancholy. When I watch the vid in the link below - a story of a desperate impossible love - I always have the feeling I see a glimpse of the story of Lyanna and Rhaegar. Just add a platinum blonde wig ...

Another good choice could be Elliot Cowan. His eyes are as wonderful as Vincent's.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason I was convinced that someone had already mentioned Matt Bomer in this thread... but apparently not! Shame on you! I watched White Collar for the first time a few days ago and... HOLY CRAP, the man is stunning (the IMDB pics don't even do him justice). And a perfect Rhaegar. He can sing too, has that haunted/melancholy look, and can make all the women in Westeros weep. He can also pass as an excellent fighter. My vote is in.

• 6 months later...

For some reason I was convinced that someone had already mentioned Matt Bomer in this thread... but apparently not! Shame on you! I watched White Collar for the first time a few days ago and... HOLY CRAP, the man is stunning (the IMDB pics don't even do him justice). And a perfect Rhaegar. He can sing too, has that haunted/melancholy look, and can make all the women in Westeros weep. He can also pass as an excellent fighter. My vote is in.

Omigod this is really Rhaegar.

Google images of him give a far nicer impression :leer:

I found Rhaegar....in like 10 years.

Cindy Crawford's son. I wake up one day, drink coffee and check out the news on msn. She is in the news and they select a photo of her with her son with long hair.

Holy crap, how I pictured a Targaryen.

Genetics are amazing. Two parents with such dark hair, and a child with such pale hair. Genes are cool!

Charlie Hunnam as Rhaegar will be very good. I wonder if he had resolved his crush on Littlefinger....

good imagination. earlier he was interested in John tellers poetry and now i wuld want to see him busy reading history books on westeros and all the prophecies.

Charlie Hunnam has a hit TV show and several big budget film projects, I don't think he will be available to do an extended cameo on GoT...

though younger Hunnam (when he was on Queer as Folk and had crush on Littlefinger as someone mentioned:)))) would make a perfect fAegon in my opinion.

Has to be Jonathan Rhys Meyers, he's an excellent actor and has that otherwordly beauty that distinguish the Targs. He can pull of the intellectual ruler, i.e the Tudors. Plus he's done television before so unlike some of the suggestions here, it's not unrealistic to think he would do it.

http://diaphania.blogspirit.com/media/01/00/c76a5aaf609d5440f8d4b6382cec98bf.jpg

http://static.diary....25/47700592.jpg

http://www.nndb.com/people/990/000101687/jonathan-rhys-meyers-1.jpeg

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/2600000/Jonathan-jonathan-rhys-meyers-2687701-1280-1024.jpg

Archived