ADwD Mafia 61: Drowned Men, Krakens, and Maesters, oh my!

House Targaryen

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1645722' date='Jan 12 2009, 10.22'][b]Chester[/b], are you aware we aren't in RP stage anymore? Making a parody of a case and quarreling with a person who laughed at that isn't exactly what we all need now.[/quote]

We aren't?

*Removes RP hat and replaces it with thinking hat*

*doffs hat to the inestimable Ed de Bono*

This Mallister vote is pretty useless, but I don't see any case that actually appeals to me, even on a day one level, at this point.

[quote name='House Manwoody' post='1645729' date='Jan 12 2009, 10.28']Targ, Poole has voted.[/quote]

I refer you to the following links:

[url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?showtopic=33266&st=100#"]http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?showt...266&st=100#[/url]

[url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?showtopic=33266&st=80#"]http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?showt...3266&st=80#[/url]

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1645685' date='Jan 12 2009, 10.54']If you can give me an example of [i]helpful[/i] joke, please do.

A few players hate RP-stage in whole as unhelpful. It's understandable. But to choose some narrow part of RP-stage and to attack it only - [color="#FF0000"]it's rather exotic, don't you agree[/color]?[/quote]

Why thank you :love:

May I ask who you would like to lynch and why?

[quote name='House Manwoody' post='1645498' date='Jan 12 2009, 07.00'][b]Erenford.[/b]

Hurry up and vote. :pirate:[/quote]
I did, but some fool went and made him lynch proof. :mad: I guess they found him funny. :dunno: Sigh, now it looks like I have to actually [i]read[/i] the thread.

[quote name='House Erenford' post='1645743' date='Jan 12 2009, 15.38']I did, but some fool went and made him lynch proof. :mad: I guess they found him funny. :dunno: Sigh, now it looks like I have to actually [i]read[/i] the thread.[/quote]

Yes, I just realised this. :dunce:

* wakes up and listens to the uproar for a while *

Glad I missed all that book discussion. But wow, I sure wish I'd been around to hear the voice from on high remove all the votes from that babbling Varner guy.

I agree that Varner wasn't in serious danger yet. Votes for excessive role play tend to get removed because most people don't like to [i]really[/i] punish playing around.

But the reaction to the protection he got has given us something to discuss. That might even be the reason for doing it, not so much to protect Varner, but to stir the pot a little and watch the reactions.

I'd suspect Piper, if he were playing instead of modding...

Varner had accumulated 4 votes (at Targs last count), most of which I'd guess were RP and/or joke votes due to the RP and/or joking going on at the time. So it's not as if Varner was in serious danger.

Maybe someone just decided that the looniest of us all was the easiest to get a read on as far as innocent/guilty goes?

[quote name='House Marbrand' post='1645755' date='Jan 12 2009, 10.49']Varner had accumulated 4 votes (at Targs last count), most of which I'd guess were RP and/or joke votes due to the RP and/or joking going on at the time. So it's not as if Varner was in serious danger.

Maybe someone just decided that the looniest of us all was the easiest to get a read on as far as innocent/guilty goes?[/quote]

Loony? Wow. I'm hurt.

To be honest, I just don't see the point of the thing. As I've said before, it seems like the kind of ability you'd want to keep for as late or as desperate as possible, and this was neither.

Which makes me wonder what the point was. And I'm still stuck on this point. :huh:

So I just re-read Poole, mainly because I thought Targ had missed Poole's vote. I was being stupid, but never mind that.

But Poole has only 2 posts, and one of those was to jump on the biggest lynch target, moving Varner up to 4 votes. I don't like it, so i'm going to vote for [b]Poole[/b]. At least unless Poole starts to contribute more.

So I went back to look at the reactions to Varner's lynchproofness, and the one that stood out to me the most was Karstark. His first post after that event was:

[quote name='House Karstark' post='1645522' date='Jan 12 2009, 03.44']So...not much has happened since I checked in yesterday, eh?

Seems like we are some kind of alted literature thread. Well I suppose I may as well go along with it - I've bought for myself an Abercrombie book which I am reading at the moment - I'm quite enjoying it so far, but I wouldn't say that it is superbly amazing (but then I'm not really a big fantasy fan anyway)[/quote]

And his second was (and showing that he didn't simply miss the vote removals, like some of the other players did):

[quote name='House Karstark' post='1645530' date='Jan 12 2009, 03.57']About Varner's lynchproofness, you mean?

Trouble is, short of a reveal, which would most likely be very inadvisable, there's not much we can find out. Varner seems to have implied that it wasn't anything he chose, so logically it was either random or he was protected by someone. We have been told that roles are distributed randomly, (I seem to remember reading this in a mod post) so it would seem that Varner's inability to be lynched today gives us little real information.

Now if you want to get some serious conversation going about something a bit more...controversial...then that would be a good idea. I would, but I don't have time today.[/quote]

Definite downplaying.

Now, there may not be a [i]whole[/i] lot we can learn from this protection bestowal, but it is still likely to be a more productive vein to mine for game information than continued book discussion would be. So it seems suspicious to me that [b]Karstark[/b] appears to be trying to keep us from going there.

[quote name='House Varner' post='1645765' date='Jan 12 2009, 17.55']Loony? Wow. I'm hurt.

To be honest, I just don't see the point of the thing. As I've said before, it seems like the kind of ability you'd want to keep for as late or as desperate as possible, and this was neither.

Which makes me wonder what the point was. And I'm still stuck on this point. :huh:[/quote]

Perhaps a newbie symp was scared you were gonna get lynched. :smoking:

[quote name='House Erenford' post='1645761' date='Jan 12 2009, 15.53']IIRC, ringmaster is a night action, so it being day 1, there may have been a time limit involved as well.[/quote]

Yeah, you're right. I guess that the ringmaster had to choose within a few hours, so it was never going to be more than random - Unless the ringmaster is evil, of course. But we have no way of knowing that.

[quote name='House Farring' post='1645769' date='Jan 12 2009, 15.58']So you think Chester is the best lynch today for failing to detect scarcasm?[/quote]Damn today.
For current moment, I want Chester to answer questions - and, yeah, if he will fail to answer them, I'd be happy to lynch him. If he will success - I'll look for other variants.

Looking through last night's posts, this one seems rather odd to me.
[quote name='House Selmy' post='1645257' date='Jan 12 2009, 00.28']I like the new avs.

But I don't like [b]Penrose[/b]. He's an evil loser.

[i]...quote from Penrose...[/i]

If you were agreeing with him, then why didn't you quote him? Or say you were agreeing with him?[/quote]
I mean, perhaps I am misreading, but it sounds like it is intended as a serious vote to me. Granted, I know there's not much to go on early in day 1, but that's really stretching things. It seems like [b]Selmy[/b] is trying to sound serious and contributive without actually contributing anything.

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1645722' date='Jan 12 2009, 11.22'][b]Chester[/b], are you aware we aren't in RP stage anymore? Making a parody of a case and quarreling with a person who laughed at that isn't exactly what we all need now.[/quote]

I was not aware of this and am still not. I was not quarreling I was expressing my thoughts, looking for hidden clues in the postings of others and merely stating my opinion about said postings which, considering that the posting I was commenting on meant nothing, meant, well.. nothing.

[quote name='House Farring' post='1645769' date='Jan 12 2009, 11.58']So you think Chester is the best lynch today for failing to detect scarcasm?[/quote]

I thought my sarcasm detector was working just fine, as it appears did you! :cheers:

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1645790' date='Jan 12 2009, 12.13']Damn today.
For current moment, I want Chester to answer questions - and, yeah, if he will fail to answer them, I'd be happy to lynch him. If he will success - I'll look for other variants.[/quote]

There you are. I have answered all your questions that I have seen put forth. As to others unasked, well, time will tell.

Archived