Aussies XXXXVI

gryphon strike

[quote name='Paxter' post='1749393' date='Apr 8 2009, 23.48']Same here: the foul that wasn't given in Schwarzer's favour in the first game, Graham Poll in the third, the gut-wrenching, heart-stopping, tear-inducing penalty in the last game.... Having said all of that, I'll never forget when Tim Cahill came on against Japan - we were 1-0 down and he very nearly gave away a penalty within minutes of being brought into the game. In fact it really [i]should[/i] have been a penalty against Cahill, but the ref missed it. Anyway, Timmy ended up scored two, Aloisi one and we won it 3-1.[/quote]

I have mixed feelings about Poll: he missed another blatant handball and waved away Simunic's rugby tackle on Viduka and blew the whistle seconds before Aloisi's ball crossed the line but it was an insane match, two teams were going at each other with everything and the emotions between the AusCroats (on both sides) were running high - it was a very tough game to keep control of and he more or less did it. Further to his credit he recognised his blunder and retired from international reffing.

And a shoutout to Marcus 'Don't Touch My Beautiful Brazillians' Merk, who reffed us out of that game for not rolling over and letting the Selecao dance on our belly. 25-7, the most lopsided foul sheet in WC history and he begrudged every call in our favour.

[quote name='Horza' post='1749456' date='Apr 8 2009, 22.45']I have mixed feelings about Poll: he missed another blatant handball and waved away Simunic's rugby tackle on Viduka and blew the whistle seconds before Aloisi's ball crossed the line but it was an insane match, two teams were going at each other with everything and the emotions between the AusCroats (on both sides) were running high - it was a very tough game to keep control of and he more or less did it. Further to his credit he recognised his blunder and retired from international reffing.[/quote]

I agree, the game was an extremely tough one to referee. And if we had've lost that game, I probably would've blamed Hiddink rather than Poll - playing Zeljko Kalac over Schwarzer was one of the worst managerial decisions in Socceroo history (see [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JscPhpWm9YA"]here[/url] for reasons why even the thought of Spider in goals for the 'Roos makes me sick.)

[quote name='Horza' post='1749456' date='Apr 8 2009, 22.45']And a shoutout to Marcus 'Don't Touch My Beautiful Brazillians' Merk, who reffed us out of that game for not rolling over and letting the Selecao dance on our belly. 25-7, the most lopsided foul sheet in WC history and he begrudged every call in our favour.[/quote]

Yeah, that was a decent performance from Aus, and the 2-0 score line didn't do us justice.

[quote name='Callum' post='1749099' date='Apr 8 2009, 14.33']Stubby, if you think back to those stabbings in Snowtown, I think you'll find the police were alerted when one of the women drove in to town and alerted the police. There's something in the water in Australia I think...[/quote]
What there is water here?
Where?

looks around nope none here lots of beer though

sorry to have been away so long but my service provider decided to cut me off over an amount of $55.50 left to pay.
A full week of work leading up to Eastre has helped me out a lot though :)

I am glad everyone is ok Last I heard was the bit about flood alert from Sh_Wulff so was a bit concerned for her.

( not going to rant about business "partner" again )

I have a full week of work next week also, well 3 days but since 2 are holidays not much to be done there.

Do we have any melbourneites here?
I will be in melbourne for a wedding on the 18th of this month so if anyone wants to meet I need to know.

I guess it is also time to wish everyone a happy Eastre the oldest Pagan festival I know of.

"Eastre
Goddess of Spring
Pantheon: Norse
Element: Earth
Sphere of Influence: Fertility and Renewal
Preferred colors: white,green,pastels
Associated symbol: Rabbit, egg
Animals associated with: Rabbit
Best day to work with: Monday
Best Moon phase: Full
Strongest around Ostara
Suitable offerings: hard-boiled eggs, honey cakes, first fruits of the season
Associated Planet: Moon "

From a pagan site just so you can see it. It truly is amazing how we still celebrate it in much the same manner with "eggs" and "rabbits" even the name is virtually the same :)

So please everyone have fun and enjoy this joyous time.

[quote name='Ser Stubby' post='1740864' date='Apr 1 2009, 15.35']Hope anyone here from Coffs Harbour is OK.

Also, to GS and Callum, what hell is up with [url="http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/04/01/2532387.htm"]Snowtown?[/url][/quote]
You do realise that the guy was a sandgroper don't you?

true it is Snowtown again but man if that place is cursed it is not something I would want to mess with!

[quote name='gryphon strike' post='1750543' date='Apr 9 2009, 23.42']You do realise that the guy was a sandgroper don't you?

true it is Snowtown again but man if that place is cursed it is not something I would want to mess with![/quote]

I learned he was a sandgroper after I posted that question.

But something is weird about that place.

Happy Easter everyone! Whether you're celebrating Jesus' resurrection, the festival of fertility and renewal (GS), spending time with family or just looking for an open pub (Brady), I hope you have a great day.

Well the car died today on the way to work :(

The Medieval Fair stall is a bust I take a look at where we are at and there is no way we can be ready by may 1.
Still having problems with the phone company.
The stimulus has not arrived still!

Hmm not much to cheer about except I do still have a job :)

I hope everyone had a great weekend ohh and Paxter my earlier post was sort of pointing out that the Christian celebrations at this time are essentially Pagan celebrations that have been adopted. Please do not get me started on that though since most of the story of Jesus's life can be found to have parralels in pagan mythos.

Yeah I am on a downer to say the least :P

[quote name='gryphon strike' post='1754043' date='Apr 14 2009, 10.15']ohh and Paxter my earlier post was sort of pointing out that the Christian celebrations at this time are essentially Pagan celebrations that have been adopted. Please do not get me started on that though since most of the story of Jesus's life can be found to have parralels in pagan mythos.[/quote]

Well, that is the beauty of being Australian. We can all celebrate Easter/Ä’ostre in different ways without anyone telling us what the "right" way to celebrate is. So I hope you had a great Ä’ostre GS. I certainly enjoyed my Easter ;)

[quote name='gryphon strike' post='1754043' date='Apr 14 2009, 10.15']Yeah I am on a downer to say the least :P[/quote]

Hope things improve quickly for you GS.

[quote name='Ser Stubby' post='1754050' date='Apr 14 2009, 10.28']At least you're not a Dockers fan.[/quote]

This is going to be a very long AFL season. I am going to have to drown my sorrows in an IPL-filled stupor.

ok i think i should bump this again :P

OK stimulus has arrived and it turns out we are in a lot better shape for the Medieval fair so its still go and will be now since we have already paid for the stall. ( bye bye stimulus )

I am in melbourne this weekend for a wedding but only for one day and since the wedding is at 5pm I arrive at 9 and have to see family also I am thinking trying to meet someone may not be practical.

I have also worked or will work 3 days so far in this week, now if I work monday and/or tuesday that means 4-5 days this week also :)
So yeah some things are looking great others are really just up in the air so my being down was actually a bit silly.

ohhh I learnt a neat new trick today, I was supposed to be getting picked up from work and I was wondering where the guy was.

please bear with me here since I understand many of you will not readily believe me about this.

So anyway what I did was picture him in my mind and feel for where he was, with my mind, anyway he was everywhere litterally!
I started walking for the train and was thinking about this so i then decided it was some sort of illusion and took another look totally ignoring the illusion and found him right away still at his place!
So anyway when I was talking to him later I asked him about it and he decided to show me how he does it. sorry but the mumbo jumbo type of spell really doesn't do it for me, however I was able to follow the energy and so learnt the trick anyway :)

[quote name='gryphon strike' post='1757087' date='Apr 16 2009, 21.56']I have also worked or will work 3 days so far in this week, now if I work monday and/or tuesday that means 4-5 days this week also :)
So yeah some things are looking great others are really just up in the air so my being down was actually a bit silly.[/quote]

Glad to hear things have picked up.

[quote]ohhh I learnt a neat new trick today, I was supposed to be getting picked up from work and I was wondering where the guy was.

please bear with me here since I understand many of you will not readily believe me about this.

So anyway what I did was picture him in my mind and feel for where he was, with my mind, anyway he was everywhere litterally!
I started walking for the train and was thinking about this so i then decided it was some sort of illusion and took another look totally ignoring the illusion and found him right away still at his place!
So anyway when I was talking to him later I asked him about it and he decided to show me how he does it. sorry but the mumbo jumbo type of spell really doesn't do it for me, however I was able to follow the energy and so learnt the trick anyway :)[/quote]

I'm not sure I follow you GS. Are you saying that you found someone by "following their energy"??

[quote name='Paxter' post='1757098' date='Apr 17 2009, 00.39']Glad to hear things have picked up.

I'm not sure I follow you GS. Are you saying that you found someone by "following their energy"??[/quote]
ok think of it this way.

normally I would say this in private but anyway.

there is maybe 1.5 million people in all of South Australia so the number of people in Adelaide is maybe 1 mil. A computor can sort through that sort of number in maybe a second?
Now the brain is a better comp than anything we have built so far. I think.
so while I cannot conciously sort through that many peoples energy signatures it can be left to the subconcious. So I picture the guy and that lets me I guess tune in to it and then I basicaly push my mind in a particular direction and if I "feel" anything thats basically them or somewhere where they spend a lot of time.
I do not know how well you know Melbourne Paxter but ohh maybe 12 or 13 years ago there was a massive demonstration against workplace reforms being made by Kennet. The Gov claimed there was 50,000 people there but I am sorry Collins Street was full from Swanston st to the st that runs past paliment and across to Bourke st was packed from window front to window front all marching in protest and the park beside paliment house was also full. people marching so close together that they were basically touching most of the time. By my count thats well over 100,000 people and I found my mother and also my friend who is getting MARRIED this saturday :D
Well I found them both with that method and literally it led me right to them.

[quote name='gryphon strike' post='1757116' date='Apr 16 2009, 22.28']ok think of it this way.

normally I would say this in private but anyway.

there is maybe 1.5 million people in all of South Australia so the number of people in Adelaide is maybe 1 mil. A computor can sort through that sort of number in maybe a second?
Now the brain is a better comp than anything we have built so far. I think.
so while I cannot conciously sort through that many peoples energy signatures it can be left to the subconcious. So I picture the guy and that lets me I guess tune in to it and then I basicaly push my mind in a particular direction and if I "feel" anything thats basically them or somewhere where they spend a lot of time.
I do not know how well you know Melbourne Paxter but ohh maybe 12 or 13 years ago there was a massive demonstration against workplace reforms being made by Kennet. The Gov claimed there was 50,000 people there but I am sorry Collins Street was full from Swanston st to the st that runs past paliment and across to Bourke st was packed from window front to window front all marching in protest and the park beside paliment house was also full. people marching so close together that they were basically touching most of the time. By my count thats well over 100,000 people and I found my mother and also my friend who is getting MARRIED this saturday :D
Well I found them both with that method and literally it led me right to them.[/quote]

I don't know Melbourne that well, but I can certainly imagine that it would be difficult to find someone specific in a crowd of 100,000 people. Anyway, it's an amazing thing to be able to do...but I really can't get my head around it. The concept of "pushing my mind in a particular direction" is pretty difficult for me to comprehend.

[quote name='Paxter' post='1757127' date='Apr 17 2009, 01.12']I don't know Melbourne that well, but I can certainly imagine that it would be difficult to find someone specific in a crowd of 100,000 people. Anyway, it's an amazing thing to be able to do...but I really can't get my head around it. The concept of "pushing my mind in a particular direction" is pretty difficult for me to comprehend.[/quote]
Thats the only way I can explain it.

Doing different things is mainly a matter of visualisation. That and listening like mad! Oh and feeling I guess. See thats just it there is basically no way to accurately describe it. it is like feeling and hearing and sometimes tasting and smelling all at once.

[quote name='gryphon strike' post='1757139' date='Apr 16 2009, 22.52']Thats the only way I can explain it.

Doing different things is mainly a matter of visualisation. That and listening like mad! Oh and feeling I guess. See thats just it there is basically no way to accurately describe it. it is like feeling and hearing and sometimes tasting and smelling all at once.[/quote]

Yeah, I understand what you're saying. Trying to explain this to me is like trying to describe seeing to someone who has been totally blind since birth.

I think in many ways it is pretty much impossible to describe because you can also pick up all sorts of information as a sort of periphy effect of the "sensation".
Often you learn things you don't want to know. But that is often not entirely accurate either. And to be honest sometimes it is dead wrong :)

AFL? I saw a bit of the Cats vs Crows game. I hate hearing about any accolade for that fuckwit ablett. People's memories are funny. But kicking a ball well can get you off the hook in this country.

GS they had some sort of folk festival here in Canberra the other week.

I almost considered spending my Kevin money on some firearms for target practice. The gf didn't like the thought of them in the house, but I wouldn't keep them at home anyway. I came to my senses when I thought about ongoing costs.

Asylum seekers? I'll be interested to see which version of events the AFP supports in regard to the government or opposition. But really I think it does make sense that if people know you're going to get good accomodation and spending money they might be more enthused.

AFL?

*sigh* this is going to be a long season for me. The Dockers only narrowly avoided setting a new record for lowest ever points total in the club's history against St K. To make matters worse, my beloved Blackburn Rovers are only 1 place away from relegation in the EPL. Bad weekend all-round really. Although I am loving watching the IPL on 10's new HD sport channel :)

Archived