Aussies XXXXVI

gryphon strike

No I am sorry but I don't know where you are getting your info from. seriously I know there are a lot of books that say things that are in line with what you are saying but thats because Wicca already has a image problem with it being associated with Satanism. Satanism is the deliberate worship of Lucifer if it does not include that then it is not satanism. Pure and simple.

I made the name very specific simply because thats where it comes from and yes they do indeed exist. Unfortunately any type of nature worship involving the Green man or "horned God" is classed as Satanism by Christians. They seem to have forgotten their persecuted beginings and want to in turn persecute other belief systems.

Not just them either.

...did you even read my post? As to where I'm getting my info from, go read a Crowley biography and you'll see basically exactly what I just said regarding Thelema. Any history of Wicca will include the origin of the Rede.

What I said was that Thelema is not Satanism. "Do what you will; that shall be the whole of the law" has never been a "Satanic crede". Crowley wasn't a Satanist.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. You seem to be denying something I never said was true.

Nowhere did I equate Wicca with Satanism. Dude, I'm Wiccan too.

...did you even read my post? As to where I'm getting my info from, go read a Crowley biography and you'll see basically exactly what I just said regarding Thelema. Any history of Wicca will include the origin of the Rede.

What I said was that Thelema is not Satanism. "Do what you will; that shall be the whole of the law" has never been a "Satanic crede". Crowley wasn't a Satanist.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. You seem to be denying something I never said was true.

Nowhere did I equate Wicca with Satanism. Dude, I'm Wiccan too.

Thats pretty clear. But sorry for throwing doubt on your "biographies" but considering Crowley was a self confessed satanist well ......

Gardnerian Wicca is ful of stuff thats good and stuff thats total BS the problem is that people try and take it as "gospel" and lose their path. To me Wicca is an ongoing search for enlightenment not a set of rules set down by someone with at best dubious credentials. There is good reason that people say it was invented by Crowley and Gardner to get some action from gullible young ladies, since that is pretty much exactly what they did.

watched 4 m waves and the river rise

only worked one day this week

won't comment on off field shenanigans either

That does not sound good! It really hasn't been a good year for your part of the country has it?

Stay safe!

Thats pretty clear. But sorry for throwing doubt on your "biographies" but considering Crowley was a self confessed satanist well ......

Gardnerian Wicca is ful of stuff thats good and stuff thats total BS the problem is that people try and take it as "gospel" and lose their path. To me Wicca is an ongoing search for enlightenment not a set of rules set down by someone with at best dubious credentials. There is good reason that people say it was invented by Crowley and Gardner to get some action from gullible young ladies, since that is pretty much exactly what they did.

Okay. Let's try this again.

> It may also interest you to know that crowley was originally a satanist who took the Satanic crede of "do as thou wilst shall be the whole of the law

Wrong.

> and from that derived the wiccan crede.

Wrong.

Don't like my sources? Find your own. This information is everywhere and easily verifiable.

watched 4 m waves and the river rise

only worked one day this week

won't comment on off field shenanigans either

I'm going to second brook, you have not had a good run.

If you are tired of the rain you can always move to my area. we are still in level 6 drought alert. seems that rain keeps missing the dams. Still getting hard hitting water wise Commercials. not to mention some creepy ones with a poorly animated owl watching a woman take a shower.. Saying your 4 minutes are up. get out of the shower..lol.

wishing you luck and stay safe.

So we got flooded over the last week. This has been a rather bad period for my family. Mum in hospital, floods, lack of income and mounting bills. Life generally sucks.

Sorry to hear it Ouroboros. Hope your mum gets well soon and that things can turn around for you financially. What was the extent of the flood damage?

Okay. Let's try this again.

> It may also interest you to know that crowley was originally a satanist who took the Satanic crede of "do as thou wilst shall be the whole of the law

Wrong.

> and from that derived the wiccan crede.

Wrong.

Don't like my sources? Find your own. This information is everywhere and easily verifiable.

no offence but there are people here who would like to know a few things first how old are you Sio?

Second how long have you been practising wicca?

in PM if you like would, you like to tell us some of your experiences with Wicca?

no offence but there are people here who would like to know a few things first how old are you Sio?

Second how long have you been practising wicca?

in PM if you like would, you like to tell us some of your experiences with Wicca?

:lmao: "There are people here who would like to know a few things"? Surely you can do better than that. My age is in my profile. Beyond that, I'm not overly inclined to discuss my personal experience with Wicca with some random guy from the 'net. History is history, existing quite separately from one's own experience with spirituality.

So we got flooded over the last week. This has been a rather bad period for my family. Mum in hospital, floods, lack of income and mounting bills. Life generally sucks.

Hoping it all picks up for you soon, O. Hang in there.

Hoping it all picks up for you soon, O. Hang in there.

Likwise O. I don't know what words of support to say. Makes you stronger, learn from it, re-building is definately possible.

Well it's refreshing that nobody is talking about chk chk boom. Thank God.

Alexander Downer is refreshingly honest now that he's out of politics.

Article

He tells Aussies to grow up and stop blaming other people everytime they get into trouble overseas. eg. bar mat mum in Thailand.

I'm sorry to hear about your Mum. I hope she's on the mend soon!

Sorry about the rest of the suckage too, I hope things turn around for you soon.

In other news I really, really hate Fred Nile!

http://www.smh.com.au/national/nile-deal-d...90525-bksa.html

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/05...?section=justin

Sol takes a parting shot at Australia. He's got nothing left so he uses the racist accusation.

You should hate nathan reese. Nile is a crackpot, but Reese actually went along with it. While I may not like lesbians and Gay men (like the fat ones on the news the other night) using ivf to get kids, I'm not against them adopting, especially kids from overseas (although that is hard).

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/05...?section=justin

Sol takes a parting shot at Australia. He's got nothing left so he uses the racist accusation.

You should hate nathan reese. Nile is a crackpot, but Reese actually went along with it. While I may not like lesbians and Gay men (like the fat ones on the news the other night) using ivf to get kids, I'm not against them adopting, especially kids from overseas (although that is hard).

Yeah Rees is spineless I just hold a special hatred for Freddie boy...

That was a surprisingly good article from Downer I must say

:lmao: "There are people here who would like to know a few things"? Surely you can do better than that. My age is in my profile. Beyond that, I'm not overly inclined to discuss my personal experience with Wicca with some random guy from the 'net. History is history, existing quite separately from one's own experience with spirituality.

Yes and I am betting your a graduate of the Fiona Hornes school of faeries sorry witchcraft.

Dude you have no idea about what the reality is that is why the questions were asked.

There are some very good things in books out there but even the best of the books is close to half total BS.

You want to learn about nature worship then go talk to a nature spirit not read about it in a book!

Also History depends on just who writes it or didn't that occur to you?

In my lifetime alone the estimates of Jewish deaths in the holocaust has varied from 300,000 to 6,000,000 and that is not even taking into account the holocaust deniers.

So I am sorry Sio you ask a question you get an answer the fact that you don't like the answer is not my fault. If you have any other questions about Wicca though feel free to ask them, I can almost gaurantee they will come from life exp rather than from a book.

Ouroboros sorry to hear about the hard times hopefully everything will improve soon.

ETA: for spelling and also

Bloody Sol the guy gets paid a fortune for doing what any fool off the street could do and then has the nerve to complain?

He had good reason to fight against the liberal Gov but anyone in charge of Telstra would have done the same. Sorry but I have absolutely no respect for the thing that is Sol, I cannot call him a man because if he were he would have done his job properly or admitted he was not capable and left long ago.

Sorry to hear it O.

Best wishes :grouphug:

She'll either get better or die. Odds are on her getting better. Thanks for the kind words.

glad to hear that at least some things are going well for you

to Brook and others... thanx forthe good wishes

and back here on the NSW Nth Coast

sunny days

balmy weather

but long term predictions..another flood in a month or so

at least this last one did not catch us by surprise

and I was flooded in at home;not out at work for 2 1/2 days like the last

Archived