Dreams

Seventh Pup

I've had several dreams of this sort. A black shadow attacks me, while I'm in my bed and suffocates me while paralyzing me or makes my blankets shake above me, anything to scare me really. It's vivid, but I always know I'm dreaming in it and I try to wake up. I can tell it wants to kill me but it can't for some reason. Very strange. And I always wake up in the same position I am in the dream. Not sure what to think of it, so I just forget about it. I shake things off easily, lol.

Had a pretty sweet dream this morning where a mad scientist gave me telekinetic powers and then I had to escape from the government. Sadly, this escape became less than exciting after a while and involved getting on the wrong bus to a different part of the city and having no idea where I was. Telekinesis is clearly not all it's cracked up to be. :(

Hm I have been most lax in my reporting duties lately. Here's last night:

Our family was going on vacation. But we had to cut it short, as my father was stricken by an ailment and obliged to go to hospital. Now for some odd reason we had to all go home in shifts - first me and my brothers, than my father, and finally my mother. So when my father pulled in the driveway I ran out to greet him. Barefoot. In the snow. Which was a little uncomfortable. But I suppose I never thought of putting shoes on... Finally we all arrived at the hospital, and there all three of us kids were dressed in gray sweatshirts and sweatpants. And then it dawned on us that our parents were as well - all five of us had by total coincidence chosen identical clothing - and we began laughing uproariously.

My dreams have been weird and disturbing. First I was attacked by a black bear cub. I was just walking along and it jumped on my back, then it started scratching and biting.

Last night (early this morning) I had two different dreams where I was a social outcast. In one I was a carrier of the plague. I was used to "punish" people. We were in this house and their were a lot of kids and they were wiping weird stuff (tar like) on me. Then this very cute little girl comes up and hugs me. My heart was breaking as I realized she would likely die for hugging me. Then they told me that the girl was "protected" and couldn't get sick. Fade to the next dream.

Second one I was in the army again and no one was willing to spend any time with me, except MJS (from this board---the only "real" person in any of these dreams). Totally weird as I have never really felt like an outcast. Lonely sometimes, not worthy others, but never an outcast.

Nothing beats pregnancy dreams. Last night I dreamt that the bigger my belly got, the more ripped open my c-section scar became. Every shirt or pair of pants I wore ended up sporting a thin red line of blood from it. My dr tried to glue me back together, but I didn't have enough skin to do it.

Needless to say, I woke up an immediately checked to make sure my scar was intact. (It is. :P)

I was in St. Peter's Church in Rome, armed to the teeth with two pistols and a dagger. Suddenly a rabbit ran by, and I thought it was dangerous for a moment. My finger slipped and I accidentally shot it, which promptly turned into a bloody puddle on the floor. Poor bunny. Really... :(

And then I was approached by a rich businessman who needed help in setting up his amusement park attraction. It was a sort of cable car which traveled over the bay, and I had to stand out on a dock and snag the car when it flew by on a predetermined schedule. So I got out onto the dock, along with five or so companions, and we made our way out onto the dock, holding onto ropes hanging from a balcony above. And then the cable car thing transformed into a small fleet of canoes, which we boarded. We decided we would name one of the canoes after the dead rabbit, so we took one word from him, and two words from other places - don't ask what that means, we just did - and came up with Remember the Wind. And then I became worried the weapons in my pocket would fall out and drop into the water, so I was advised to take the dagger and stick it into a sponge on the canoe floor. But it was too late - my pockets were already empty.

Then the scheme totally shifted, and I saw Sansa Stark being burned at the stake. Arya was watching nearby, and taunting her, saying she was weak and stupid and had let Joffrey see her naked.

Me and a friend were in our house, which was (as is becoming quite familiar) infested with zombies. We made a pact that he should kill me, to avert my being eaten alive by the undead. He told me that since the last time he had killed me - yes, you head that. Again, don't ask why - he had stabbed me in the back and it had made my toes curl inward in a very creepy way. So this time we agreed he should go at my neck. He took a knife and began cutting. But he ran into some hard tendon or something, and when he asked me how I was doing I replied I was still very much alive, albeit halfway decapitated. Whereupon he applied the blade to my neck with renewed vigor, and I'm pretty sure I finally died.

I used to have dreams about tornados and volcanos. I even had one where a tornado slammed into a volcano and caused an eruption and I was trapped in a hotel's gift shop. I kept having these dreams when I was having money problems and going through a divorce.

So this past week I had a tornado dream again. I had a bunch of bills to pay off and I was really worrying about money. So my conclusions are that the tornados are money problems and the volcano was my ex. :P

I was hanging out with Pope Benedict XVI. We were talking about when, back when he was plain ol' Cardinal Ratzinger, he was presiding over the funeral of John Paul II. It seems that some members of the papal household had been very keen on burying the deceased pontiff with a pair of little gold elephants shaped like the letter "F". But Ratzinger had flatly refused, saying they looked terribly silly and undignified.

• 4 weeks later...

I've had nightmares each night this week - but I only remember the last two --

Sunday/Monday:

I was trying to help some people against a dark spirit that seemed to oppress you if you got too close. So I backed off and told the others to get to a safe distance since it was stronger than I was.

Next thing I know, I'm on my couch with my cat - and I feel a presence wrapping around me and a male voice saying: "You're mine now..." and I feel really heavy.

I remember looking at my cat and getting really angry at him (for no reason) and I start shaking and mangling him. I realize this is totally wrong and fight back enough to let the cat go - but my cat is still struggling in the air, like someone is choking him.

I start yelling: "Leave him alone!"

I say it three times and the last time - I actually say it loud enough to wake myself up.

First thing I did was check on my cat to make sure he was fine (he looked a little confused as to why I was yelling in the middle of the night).

Monday/Tuesday:

I'm in a rickety canoe like boat with a guy who claims to be a 'reformed poacher' and we're cruising along a dirty coastline. He's telling a guy in a boat near us about how to beat the cops "but really shouldn't". Eventually the other boat leaves and I'm stuck with this supposedly 'good guy'. I look down in the water and two big sharks with black stripes on their heads try to bite my leg that had been hanging over the edge.

I yell at the fisherman and pull my foot up out of reach and he tells me 'not to worry'.

Yeah, right - but we're not that far from a dock, so I try to keep calm.

Well, the guy had been fishing and there was a string of snapper and all that tied up to the gunwhale of the boat. The sharks go for the string of fish and end up shaking the leaky boat so bad it starts to come apart.

The fisherman starts worrying now and we race to the dock as quick as we can - but only I make it up out of the boat before it goes down.

The sharks grab ahold of the guy as he's trying to climb up onto the dock. He screams at me to help him - but I can see the sharks have already bitten him in half and are eating his entrails.

I tell him it's too late - but he says: "I'll be fine! just help me up!"

Instead I push him down into the water and hope that the sharks take bigger bites so the fisherman would die faster.

As I'm standing there, feeling really conflicted about what I did, I notice that the dock is actually part of the black market - and there are cages of exotic animals and crates of illicit goods. A black leopard starts tearing at his cage and manages to break out

I decide that it's best if I leave before I get eaten too.

Then I wake up.

Even now I'm torn about the fisherman. I know it's just a dream - but really...

Is it still murder if it's merciful? :unsure:

I was inside a giant gymnasium-type room, with tall rows of bleachers leading up to the ceiling. In the center of the room was a huge... object. Very difficult to describe. A sort of enormous white blob, and it was God. Or at least everyone was calling it God. However this God was a nasty critter. It had dozens of tentacles protruding from its base, which would reach out and grab hapless passers-by and bring them into the blob for consumption. And alongside this it had a herd of large black snakes, some sort of constrictors, which would similarly proceed forth from the blob and gorge themselves upon the populace. Upon closer examination, however, we could see that the blob was merely made out of snow, and only a couple feet of snow at that. The silver of the bleachers was clearly visible at points where the blob was shallow, despite caution tape urging all good citizens to "Stay off the Blob God". And then we made our way to the very top of the giant room, a sort of pyramidal loft area, which contained a World War II naval museum.

I was visiting a small quaint village in the French Alps. A mad scientist fellow most evil resided nearby, and from his tall tower plotted to lay the town low. Using a death-ray mounted in this tower of his, he gleefully set the village ablaze. Now the spiritual needs of the locality were met by two little Gothic churches, and into one of these all the villagers fled, believing that there they would be safe. But their hope was vain, and soon the flames were flickering behind the stained-glass windows. I left the church, ran through the burning streets, and resolved to make my way up the road upon a neighboring mountain. I knew the people there would not be affected by the conflagration, and would surely have food and other goods to share with the now-homeless villagers. However when a few companions and I arrived at the first dwelling, we were met at the gate by some very unfriendly and well-armed residents who were not at all feeling like dolling out charity. But we were amply supplied with guns ourselves for some odd reason, and a little standoff developed. The homeowners were set up behind a folding table, and set down a shotgun and pistol on it for a moment. Then I decided to do a brave and foolish thing, and leaped forward and swept my hand across the table, throwing the weapons to the ground. Whereupon my fellows snatched them up and made short work of the ungenerous defenders. But in this process I was sadly myself shot, though this was an experience which did not hurt in the slightest.

• 2 weeks later...

Variation on a familiar dream this morning (crazy travel plans on a world that seems too small) - I suddenly remembered* that I'd probably bought myself tickets to Argentina, returning via Mongolia, at some point in the past while really drunk, and had completely forgotten about it till now, and had to run around trying to find the confirmation email for the travel dates to make sure I hadn't missed my flights, etc. Was half relieved and half disappointed to figure out, shortly after waking up, that this was not in fact true.

*in the dream. I have not the wherewithal for such purchases in real life, especially not without even noticing.

Had a totally awesome dream on Saturday night --

I was a Private in a regiment of Grey Wardens (from Dragon Age) and Sean Bean (looking like this!) was the Sarge of our unit.

He kept getting irritated because everyone was standing up whenever he would say something (inside joke apparently) - except me.

So I would catch him trying to look through the crowd to see who wasn't standing up (me). Eventually he wades through everyone and sits next to me and we talk for a while.

We get along great! to the point he gives me a quick kiss (Shut up! it's my dream! :wub: ) and I tell him: "If this is going to get serious, you should know: I'm crazy."

Sean laughs and says: "Private, everyone here is crazy!"

So I feel better, and he gives me another quick kiss.

Then we have to go off to Warden business - we find cursed treasure and end up fighting monsters/darkspawn that attack us.

But something about them isn't quite right - I'm looking and the monsters are mostly transparent and some guys are fighting things that aren't there at all.

I realize we're caught in a Fade trap and I need to figure out how to break us free before we all get stuck there forever.

Then I wake up, sadly before I managed to get farther with Sean, :crying:

• 4 weeks later...

I had a weird dream last night about Ghost of Nymeria and dajaimeson*. GoN and I worked for the same company and she and Jaime were in town. We had this mandatory meeting (that the location was moved a couple of times) and no one told GoN. The lady in charge of the meeting said she would be fired if she failed to show up. I kept berating the woman with how this was so unfair and finally the woman said she quit and stormed off. I have no explanation for this dream. I barely know GoN.

I had an odd dream the other night. I was waking up with my wife next to me, not married so weird from the word go, and she turned to me and asked me to sautee her some spinach. I then proceded to work out a recipie for sauteed spinich before getting out of bed.

One 10" skillet coated in olive oil and heated, spinich tossed on top, freshly ground black pepper and sea salt, sautee for 2 min and serve. I have never sauteed anything in my life, dont own a pepper or salt grinder nor have any special skill at cooking, other than deserts.

So I got out of the bed and headed for the kitchen only to wake up and wonder wtf I was thinking.

Oddly enough I looked up my dream recipe and apparently its workable, dont know if I should be mroe disturbed by dreaming that or not.

I had an odd dream the other night. I was waking up with my wife next to me, not married so weird from the word go, and she turned to me and asked me to sautee her some spinach. I then proceded to work out a recipie for sauteed spinich before getting out of bed.

One 10" skillet coated in olive oil and heated, spinich tossed on top, freshly ground black pepper and sea salt, sautee for 2 min and serve. I have never sauteed anything in my life, dont own a pepper or salt grinder nor have any special skill at cooking, other than deserts.

So I got out of the bed and headed for the kitchen only to wake up and wonder wtf I was thinking.

Oddly enough I looked up my dream recipe and apparently its workable, dont know if I should be mroe disturbed by dreaming that or not.

Are you a 'skinwalker'?

My sister is one - she said it's not like a normal dream.

While she sleeps, its like she possesses another person: she can take full control of their body, talking, etc.

She said one of the most crazy times was when she took over a guy hanging out at a bar and had to learn how to use a urinal.

Well I have never really thought of it like that, but I suppose in some way this dream was like that. I am no cook but somehow knew how to make something I wouldnt eat, greens are meant to be served raw.

I was playing Lord Eddard Stark in a stage production of A Game of Thrones; it was opening night of our performance. However I had not prepared in the least for the role, and had no clue what my lines were. I tried protesting to the director, but he seemed unconcerned, and told me the prompter would help me out in the unlikely event I needed a little hint. While this was going on, the opening scene was taking place. It didn't involve me - I suppose it was the Others butchering the Night's Watch men. So finally it came time for my grand entrance, but I was still refusing to make a fool of myself. And at this point, the classic stage fright part of the dream ended... and things got rather queer. The audience was mad that my scene hadn't started. But not just mad. They rapidly became a raving mob screeching for blood, and leapt up from their seats to lynch cast and crew alike. I then became impressed with a deep sense of duty to the director, since my lack of preparedness had been the catalyst for our little predicament. So I sped to the nearest doorway, drew my useless plastic play sword, and tried to stem the tide of theatergoers. I was jammed in the passageway like the Vitruvian Man, but they mob crawled between my limbs and ruched on. Among the crowd were several cousins of a girl I had met on the Internet, and she was urging them on with their mayhem. Eventually I abandoned my hopeless position (apparently the mob wasn't interested in me personally), and I fled to the rooftop with the director. Here, lying amid walls of crumbling white cement, we saw a newspaper informing us of a similar outbreak of theatrical violence in Croatia.

I was riding on a roller coaster, and as the car made its way along the track it was repeatedly assailed by giant meshing gears and falling gates like guillotine blades. We just narrowly made it through alive. And then I was in a Ferris wheel which somehow turned upside down, and I was falling out between the cracks in the railing. My father was trying to hold me inside the car, but with little success.

Last night I dream my dad is series killer and that I am his next victim. Then my mum tell me I halucinated and that I need care (in my dream this was true). Then I woke up.

My mum usually change sheets every 20 days, my hair was unwashed for a long time, I was unshower longer. Today I went out, walk fast (as usually), buy green tea, now I have throatache. This day was bad, folks.

Archived