World of Warcraft

TerraPrime

Umm... yeah... Ro got trashed and spilled the beans about our little incestuous cult here and Dash seemed to perk up when he heard about a new place to troll :lol:

:P

I'm pretty sure this is not how it happened. well except for the Rho being drunk part. That is true.

I'm actually stuck on some of the tournament dailies... the ones that make you fight other jousters suck. I guess these quests are the ones that make you a Champion for the individual cities?
Yeah, they are.

Here's how to be good at jousting without really trying.

1. Have all three shields up. (hit '4' 3 times in 12 seconds)

2. Challenge a guy.

3. While he's running away from you, spam '3' over and over until you charge.

4. After the charge, take a nice turn back towards him while spamming '2', then get into melee range.

5. Spam 1.

6. As soon as he backs away from you, repeat steps 3-5.

Yeah, they are.

2. Challenge a guy.

4. After the charge, take a nice turn back towards him while spamming '2', then get into melee range.

5. Spam 1.

Hey this is pretty good. I'll have to use it. I've been suckin it up at the tournament myself.

I was afflicted with a bad case of white knightism last night.

It's 12ish a.m., day before reset, and I see a 25 man Naxx PUG starting in trade. I've never raided 25 man Naxx on my relatively fresh DK tank (just did Naxx 10 for the first time this raid lockout on him) but I have plenty of experience on my Horde Druid tanking it.

The first few pulls were absolute fail. The raid leader, a warrior tank, who started it had vent but no mike so everything was ridiculously unorganized. Short version is we have some really sloppy pulls, during which I essentially become MT, raid leader, and master looter, because the raid leader isn't very good and knows it, but make it to Noth.

At this point the third tank, another DK (ironically named Improbro), thinks he should main tank since he's got 4 to 5k more health than me, which hey, I'm fine with - I know I'm not super geared (I still have tempered saronite gauntlets and some other 78 blues). Then when he takes forever to pull when everyone's shouting at him to, I say "fuck it, I'll pull" and run in. It works fine, I'm getting healed, but then Improbro finally gets the idea and taunts Noth off me. Which would be fine, except Improbro has no idea how to tank and keeps kiting Noth all over the room. Adds go crazy. We actually wipe.

On Noth.

Needless to say, some people leave, Improbro gets kicked, we reorganize with me as MT, and get Noth down with either 19 or 20 people and get that part of the Less Is More achievement. Tanking bracers drop, but they have block crap so I don't even roll and let the warrior grab em.

Then we get to Heigan. Vast majority suck at the dance, and me, 4 dps, and 2-3 healers make it to the end, downing him after 18 minutes or so, probably about 13-15 was just the 7-8 of us. The tank cloak drops. People are already saying I should get it for managing to down him, but I don't want to abuse master looter, so I roll off with the warrior tank (who yes, died on the dance). 30-34, I lose. I'm getting ready to give it to him and even more people start talking on vent how I should get it since I've got a 78 blue cloak (the one from Wyrmrest Accord) and the warrior's got a purple - it'd be a huge upgrade for me. So, hoping the warrior will be generous, I ask if that's ok. Warrior says "I'll be happy to take it, thanks. :-)"

I have never been more tempted to ninja in my life. But I just couldn't do it, and master looted it to the warrior. It's just some purple pixels, but still.

Yeah, they are.

2. Challenge a guy.

5. Spam 1.

This is good advice. There's faster ways to win. Alot faster. But this method is a guaranteed win everytime.

Generally I feel like I'm fighting server lag more then the actual other jouster.

Then we get to Heigan. Vast majority suck at the dance, and me, 4 dps, and 2-3 healers make it to the end, downing him after 18 minutes or so, probably about 13-15 was just the 7-8 of us. The tank cloak drops. People are already saying I should get it for managing to down him, but I don't want to abuse master looter, so I roll off with the warrior tank (who yes, died on the dance). 30-34, I lose. I'm getting ready to give it to him and even more people start talking on vent how I should get it since I've got a 78 blue cloak (the one from Wyrmrest Accord) and the warrior's got a purple - it'd be a huge upgrade for me. So, hoping the warrior will be generous, I ask if that's ok. Warrior says "I'll be happy to take it, thanks. :-)"

I have never been more tempted to ninja in my life. But I just couldn't do it, and master looted it to the warrior. It's just some purple pixels, but still.

I applaud your restraint. The fake smiley face is the killer. The fact that the warrior basically knows he sucks and that he's being an asshole by rolling on it to begin with, then rubbing it in by not passing on it after he failed at the boss and you didn't, that's just a jerk move. Oh well. I guess there's always next time.

Unfortunately, bad and mediocre tanks happen all too often. I'm reasonably sure if I put on my tank gear I'd be a better tank than either of our Ulduar tanks. The only thing that stops me from being able to try is that there are no other healers to take my place. I mean, I don't really have many tools to, say, interrupt the lightning whirl on Iron Council with the giant already down, but our DK doesn't use any of his, so there'd be no difference.

Warrior says "I'll be happy to take it, thanks. :-)"

What a douche.

Got the plague-impervious boots last night when the other tank passed (with the Tempered Titansteel boots) because it was a much bigger upgrade for me (Sabatons of Draconic Vigor from Wyrmrest). Makes sense...if the situation came up the other way around in the future with someone I'd absolutely let them keep the loot. Pay it forward peeps.

What a douche.

Got the plague-impervious boots last night when the other tank passed (with the Tempered Titansteel boots) because it was a much bigger upgrade for me (Sabatons of Draconic Vigor from Wyrmrest). Makes sense...if the situation came up the other way around in the future with someone I'd absolutely let them keep the loot. Pay it forward peeps.

I saw that too. Was suprised that he would actually say that. You should have specified that loot should only be rolled on by those who made it through at least half the fight.

So is there like a board guild or something?

My guild on Elune just got GV down last night and started working on YS. Hopefully we will get YS down this reset we are usually through freya on the first night of a reset. Hopefully we can get thorim, mimiron and GV down on Wednesday so we have Thurs and Mon for YS work.

So, hoping the warrior will be generous, I ask if that's ok. Warrior says "I'll be happy to take it, thanks. :-)"

:lol:

Classic fail. He shouldn't have rolled on it in the first place, since he already got a piece of loot. When we had to pug people to fill 25 raids, we've always stated up front that 1 piece of loot per main spec unless nobody else can use it (e.g. you're the only plate-wearing dps, etc).

In other news...

One of our main tanks is getting on my last good nerves. He wanted to do a 25-VoA after our 25 nax finished, but a lot of people were leaving so he had to pug about 9 spots, healers included. I said no thanks, because I was tired from 6 hours in nax and I needed to do dailies for cash, and I knew it'd be wipefest with that many pugs. Then he started getting on my case about not helping, blah blah blah, so I said if you just need 1 more dps to get going, I'll come help. Then he started bitching at me about not wanting to put in the work for a raid and just wanting to have others do the work. This, after me and 2 other officers running all our 25 raids for the last month or so, and him being a prima dona about not wanting to leave his alt until we're ready for first pull, etc. Nobody in the guild actually likes this guy, but for some reasons, we can't convince the GL to /gkick him. I mean, yeah, it sucks that we spent so much time gearing him up (which when we admitted him to the guild I told the GL is a bad idea, but whatever) and end up gkick him, but by gods, every time he logs on he ends up in an argument with someone else in the guild.

And this part will mean something only to Tob: the main tank I'm speaking of is the alt of Gradius. :leaving:

:lol:

Classic fail. He shouldn't have rolled on it in the first place, since he already got a piece of loot. When we had to pug people to fill 25 raids, we've always stated up front that 1 piece of loot per main spec unless nobody else can use it (e.g. you're the only plate-wearing dps, etc).

In other news...

snip...

Sounds like a classic case of MTism. Oh noes the raid cant work without the MT and he is a giant douche well guess we need to bow down to him and let him tell us our business. Just about every guild has this problem at one point or another. Luckly my guild got rid of all those asshats like 3 years ago in MC.

Sounds like a classic case of MTism. Oh noes the raid cant work without the MT and he is a giant douche well guess we need to bow down to him and let him tell us our business. Just about every guild has this problem at one point or another. Luckly my guild got rid of all those asshats like 3 years ago in MC.

All our tanks are dicks. Well aside from the Paly tank perhaps.

Archived