Sandor Clegane - alive

CleganeBros

Oh yeah, sorry, remembered too late that not even Ramsay or the Mountain can come close to her level of depravity.

I find your sarcasm on this topic disturbing. Perhaps you need to read this thread just to remind yourself of the facts.

Phff. Only one bad book? Amateur. And it's not as though I've forgiven you for leaving England and taking the rain with you either. **whistles innocently**

Anyhoo what was this thread about? Oh yes, Sandor's still alive for sure. The most savage monk of the Riverlands, he can stop a man dead with an invitation to join him in prayer.

Re-read my posts. I never suggest that Sandor is dead, I only say that Stranger stabled at the Quiet Island has nothing to do with it: he would have been there whether Sandor was alive or no.

i don't quite think this is true. no man aside from Sandor could ride nor lead Stranger. meaning, they wouldn't have been able to get Stranger there unless Sandor himself led Stranger to the Quiet Isle. wasn't it made very clear in the text that Sandor was the only one Stranger obeyed?

Phff. Only one bad book? Amateur. And it's not as though I've forgiven you for leaving England and taking the rain with you either. **whistles innocently**

Anyhoo what was this thread about? Oh yes, Sandor's still alive for sure. The most savage monk of the Riverlands, he can stop a man dead with an invitation to join him in prayer.

Well, we can't have savage monks and holy men running around fighting for the faith,

d who would want that?

• 3 weeks later...

i find it hard to believe that they wouldnt see this grave diggers face and notice the terrible burns. Even farmers at a small village knew who he was.

did they? because Rorge took his helmet and went around causing trouble and people thought he was Sandor. i'm sure there's others who are burned and scarred, especially with such a big war that has been going on. and as has been brought up a few times, the novice keeps his face hidden.

I think Sansa will be betrayed (though not by Littlefinger - someone else who wants the Vale), captured and returned to King's Landing to face trial by combat for killing Joffrey (even though she didn't). Sandor will show up to be her champion and defend her honour. He would never defend Cersei's honour because she hasn't any. When the injured Sandor was taken back to the island, Stranger could have followed because all horses like company and food.

did they? because Rorge took his helmet and went around causing trouble and people thought he was Sandor. i'm sure there's others who are burned and scarred, especially with such a big war that has been going on. and as has been brought up a few times, the novice keeps his face hidden.

You forgot to mention that all the brothers on the QI hide their faces under some king of scarf and are hooded. It’s not that easy to see scares when they are so well hidden…

The grave digger IS Sandor!

Also in the game of thrones bran had a greedream concerning sandor clegane. One Shadow was dark as ash, with the terrible face of a hounding. this clearly refers to sandor clegane as he wore a hound shaped helm. if sandor was to die alone in a wood without playing any significant part in the story why bother with a greendream about him!!

Also in the game of thrones bran had a greedream concerning sandor clegane. One Shadow was dark as ash, with the terrible face of a hounding. this clearly refers to sandor clegane as he wore a hound shaped helm. if sandor was to die alone in a wood without playing any significant part in the story why bother with a greendream about him!!

Perhaps his significant part in the story has already occurred. Bran's dream is in AGOT, Sansa's involvement with Sandor is in ACOK and Arya's in ASOS. Job done.

No please don't let him be Lancelled. :ack: :crying: One is enough.

ROFL - "being Lancelled". Great new term, love it. :D

"What happened to so and so?

"Oh, such a sad story. He was Lancelled. I don't even think he felt any pain, though I believe the hair shirt gets scratchy at times."

Oh yes. And the scourge can be made out of plaited strands of tail. Reminds me of a friend who had a rather difficult horse, and was occasionally heard to mutter about turning it into a nice pony skin rug and some matching apres ski boots :D

Archived