Babes of Westeros

I like how a thread about 'Babes' is in the 'Objects' section. Lets hope the Woman's Institute doesn't find this website.

I was only able to see Cersei, Sansa, Arianne and Melisandre. The others just came up with a blank screen in my browser (I'm using the latest IE).

Cersei doesn't look regal enough to me. She's dressed more like a sexy peasant from Robin Hood than the Queen of all Westeros. If Nuts magazine were to do a Robin Hood-style photoshoot then that's what I'd imagine the models to look like, although they'd have less clothes on.

I think Sansa should have a softer, more innocent face. She looks too angular, like David Coulthard with a skinny face.

Arianne looks like Shilpa Shetty. I see the Dornish as Meditteranean. I can't think of any attractive women from the Med at the moment though.

Melisandre looks too gentle. I'd always envisaged her as having a harsher face while not looking ugly. Kind of in the style of Galadriel in the Fellowship of the Ring film when Frodo offers her the ring. Mabye he should swap faces with Sansa.

I sound pretty scathing about these pictures but I don't mean to say they're bad. I am crap at any form of artwork apart from stick men, and I understand that everyone will have a different perspective on what each character looks like. I've sometimes envisaged someone in a novel in my own idealised way, only to notice later on that he or she has a different hair colour from what I imagined.

I understand that everyone will have a different perspective on what each character looks like. I've sometimes envisaged someone in a novel in my own idealised way, only to notice later on that he or she has a different hair colour from what I imagined.

I guess that's one of my main peeves (unintentional bad pun) about the harry potter movies. try as hard as i might whenever i read those books i cant get those three cheery disney-fied faces out of my head. i can't even remember what my original thoughts on what those characters looked like. tho hermione does keep getting hotter and hotter. oh and as an aside, i had a friend who used to pronounce hermione = her-mee-wan so i guess that mite be one good thing that came out of the movies, shutting her the fuck up. take that bad pronunciation fairy.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Time for some updates.

Lyanna and Rhaegar high res with some extra background scenery.

Margaery gets a drawing worthy of a queen. Finally.

Cersei has an alternate version that's been around for a while with her wearing more regal looking clothes.

Asha Greyjoy makes a fine entry. She's not that purty but the artwork is top notch.

Melisandre gets rendered by an artist with a clue. She's with her man in that drawing. <Insert evil laughter here.>

Shame on me for almost forgetting:

Lyanna's tomb is drawn by someone who needs to be hired by HBO right away.

The Margaery one by Anders Finer is actually pretty old, as is the Asha Greyjoy one (same artist).

The Rhaegar & Lyanna and Jon & Melisandre ones are by the same artist, she popped up in that recent fan-made calendar that westeros.org reported a while back (hers was the Daenerys entry).

The fan calendar was reported on here, but you can see all of the artist's ASOIAF work at her website. The one she submitted to the calendar is the fourth one in the first row, with the next three featuring in miniature.

That Daenerys the Unburnt one is Michael Komarck's from the official 2009 calendar, I bet someone has a link to all the images in one place ...

My favorite Melisandre is Donato Giancola's cover painting for Dragon Magazine lo, these many years ago. Although Michael Komarck's depiction in the 2009 Calendar is both stunning and much more sinister (which is appropriate).

No, because it uglifies the forum and treats it as another lame MySpace page rather than a place to actually converse with your fellow human beings.

I am very grateful for this by the way, for the very reason you stated.

I am very grateful for this by the way, for the very reason you stated.

Me too, I've been lurking on another forum and its hard to look at it at work because its full of fan art banners and video clips from a TV show.

• 9 months later...

There was an artist for the CCG cards at one point who was taking images of celebrities and overlaying them to turn them into character portraits.

I think that is a pretty common practice, with mixed results.

The best ones remind the viewer of the celebrity without it being blatant, IMO. I don't have an easy example, sorry.

My favorite one of Lyanna is the stylized one of her lying on her deathbed where the sheets/roses become more blood-like near the bottom of the picture. I can't seem to find a link to that one. In fact, that whole series I thought was amazing, including the Ruby Ford fight between Rhaegar and Robert.

Any one have a link to those?

The Cersei one in OP is absolutely perfect. Really fabulous, even exceeding how I imagined her to be. I don't much like seeing artwork from characters, because I believe the best image of a character is the one you create when reading.

Still that Cersei looks awesome. And I love this Daenarys, very close to how I think she appears as.

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss133/Vesta_029/CdHyF/dany-littleposter.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The picture of Cercei in the first post is stunning. It really captures her sexuality (although I'm pretty happy with the way Lena Headey looks too).

P.S. I saw that some time ago someone complained because pictures had to be put as links. If anyone feels the same way just instal some add-on to your browser (Thumbnail Expander for Firefox usually works, and for Chrome I know that Hover Zoom does the trick here).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived