Babes of Westeros

I'm not sure if this is a good place to post this, but I don't mind if it gets moved. I've been looking for the best fan art of the babes of Westeros I can find. Here are links to my favorites (I'm not sure how this will look):

Daenerys

Lyanna

Cersei

Sansa

Margaery

Arianne

Melissandre was the toughest choice, since Martin doesn't tell us how old she is. For me the tie breaker was hair color. I did some research into hair dyes to find out exactly what copper red was supposed to look like and picked this picture

Melisandre

Well, the images aren't showing up on the post like I hoped they would. Can anyone give me a tip?

It's pretty lame that you can't embed images. Welfare for low bandwidth users?

I couldn't find any picture of Ashara Dayne.

The pictures of Dany, Cersei, and Sansa are quite good. The Lyanna picture would be nice if it didn't look more like auburn-haired blue-eyed Sansa rather than the Stark-looking (dark hair, gray eyes) Lyanna. The pictures of Margaery, Melisandre, and Arianne are terrible.

The Lyanna picture would be nice if it didn't look more like auburn-haired blue-eyed Sansa rather than the Stark-looking (dark hair, gray eyes) Lyanna.

If you look closely it looks like Lyanna has dark hair with some of it dyed red. I don't know what the artist was thinking.

It's pretty lame that you can't embed images. Welfare for low bandwidth users?

No, because it uglifies the forum and treats it as another lame MySpace page rather than a place to actually converse with your fellow human beings.

I can't open some of the links (Danaerys and Margaery). But some of the others are great. I specially love Cersei, finding Arianne perhaps the weakest one.

Btw, one of the reasons I really like this forums is that there are not embedded images. Sometimes they could be cool enough, but people always tend to overuse it (specially in sigs), and they detract from the conversation.

Dany's image, however, isn't in the same league as Cersei's and Sansa's, which is a shame. There are some alternate images of Dany that have certain appeal

Dany's best body

The baby face in that image is all wrong.

Dany's best face

That image has some obvious shortcomings, but it has the advantage of providing Dany with a face that inspires fear.

I cannot see several of the pictures (Dany, Lyanna and Margaery).

EDIT: Managed to get to the website anyway. Most pics are great, but Margaery looks too young IMO. I'd put here age on that picture at 11-13, not 16.

The Sansa and Marg picks are backwards IMO. Marg looks too young and Sansa looks too old.

There was an artist for the CCG cards at one point who was taking images of celebrities and overlaying them to turn them into character portraits. One of the pics he used for Dany was from a shot of Natalie Portman.

• 1 month later...
I can't open some of the links (Danaerys and Margaery). But some of the others are great. I specially love Cersei, finding Arianne perhaps the weakest one.

Btw, one of the reasons I really like this forums is that there are not embedded images. Sometimes they could be cool enough, but people always tend to overuse it (specially in sigs), and they detract from the conversation.

I cannot see those specific images either. And while the paintings are not quite representative of the images my mind formed of the characters, the paintings are beautiful. In fact, the Sansa picture is how I imagined Lyanna would have looked like, regal, sophisticated, beautiful. The artist is extremely talented and I would love a link to their website.

Margaery's image is the worst, by far, in my opinion. She's much more older, even at the start of the series.

And is it just me, or was Arianne not supposed to be a bit darker? I was thinking of her being Indian-like, perhaps?

Edit: Cersei one is great. She looks perhaps too good. :P

Was reading this thread and i was all like 'u fanboy wankers' but damn... the Cersei one is hott. I'm assuming its supposed to be a younger Cersei, mayhaps just following the close of the Usurper's war and her eventual marriage to King Robert.

The Sansa one not so much... The one with the strangler hairnet. Always pictured her as more of a girl-child and where's the icyness? Her paleness comes across as someone who doesnt get out in the sun very much.

Archived