What scenes do you look forward to the most from Season 1?

Thing is, even i the books we only had Jaimies reputation as a warrior. We never actually got to see him do much of anything physically save that fight with Brienne.

Well, we hear about how he charged through Robb's men and nearly killed him. I think that shows Jaime's reputation very well. The fact that it isn't told in "real time" doesn't matter in a book.

A TV series is different. You probably need to show the scene. And i'd be a little surprised if we don't have that scene. You can skip the whole battle (its in woods so easy enough) and simply focus on Jaime charging. Start with Catelyn, skip to Jaime until he is stopped and then jump straight back to Catelyn with the "My lady" moment.

Or something like that. I don't much care.

This is the scene I want to see the most, and conversley would hate to see the most depending on the outcome, would be a clarified description of the events that take place after Arya leaves the training room.

I've always maintained that if Syrio is actually dead then George committed a out of character writing mistake by not showing it. If he actually means for Syrio to die in that scene then he gets a rare second chance to rectify the error on screen.

If Syrio has no other purpose in the series and is indeed worm food, then I think the fans have earned the right to see the guy die as much as we might hate to actually watch it happen.

Wether Syrio is dead or not comes in second only to R+L =J as the hottest topic/theory on the boards. As its a given that R+L=J will be answered somewhere down the line, Syrio's status is probably the biggest unanswered issue for ASoIaF fans. I know that no other topic generates as much polarity among us.

The following is spoilerific, assuming we're still watching those things round here.

What I'm most hoping they do correctly, is the execution scene. Not so much the deed itself as Sansa absolutely losing it in reaction. Few adults can produce that kind of emotional outburst convincingly, a kid with that much talent will be a rare find.

The following is spoilerific, assuming we're still watching those things round here.

What I'm most hoping they do correctly, is the execution scene. Not so much the deed itself as Sansa absolutely losing it in reaction. Few adults can produce that kind of emotional outburst convincingly, a kid with that much talent will be a rare find.

Yeah. I also hope they get Joffrey right in that scene. And show him as the bratty asshole he is.

I especially liked the part in that scene where Arya sees the queen and others run over to him and clearly trying to convince him of retracting his surprise order to execute Ned, and the little shit just shakes his head stubbornly.

Wished-for scenes:

* Seeing Mance Rayder in the Winterfell banquet

* Any of the Small Council scenes

* Tyrion, Kevan & Tywin

* The whole tourney sequence of events: Gregor, Loras, Sandor...

Wished-for flashbacks:

* Rhaegar v. Robert, with the rubies flying off the breastplate into the river

* Ned riding his horse into the Red Keep's throne room, and confronting Jaime there

* The fight at the Tower of Joy

For RvR and the ToJ, I'm thinking that all we would get to see is short flashes, maybe no more than five or ten seconds in length, to avoid revealing too much context and spoiling later discoveries.

Start with Catelyn, skip to Jaime until he is stopped and then jump straight back to Catelyn with the "My lady" moment.

Or something like that. I don't much care.

I agree almost 100% with you here. Exception been that they don't show Jaime been stopped, an show fear in Robb's face before jump to Catelyn in "my Lady" moment.

I agree almost 100% with you here. Exception been that they don't show Jaime been stopped, an show fear in Robb's face before jump to Catelyn in "my Lady" moment.

That's a great idea, Jaime more or less on Robb, CUT to Catelyn and a long stretch of silence while we see her with closed eyes, cliffhanger opportunity. Then, slowly, "my lady?"...

That's a great idea, Jaime more or less on Robb, CUT to Catelyn and a long stretch of silence while we see her with closed eyes, cliffhanger opportunity. Then, slowly, "my lady?"...

Thank's :cheers: I think the series will need cliffhangers ends to keep non-readers comming back for the next ep...Just like "the things I do for love".

I am kind of interested to see how they handle the "Promise me, Ned.." scenes. Maybe an ambient voice in the air as he thinks about it or if they will actually handle these things as misty flashbacks.

I've never really thought about it this context, but "BOY a lot SHIT happens in this book". Now I am worried 13 hrs isn't enough.

Don't worry, they'll be cutting most of the good stuff out. That's what worrying me.

I'd actually like to see the scene where Jon and Robb find the direwolf pups, especially with the stag's antler in the wolf's throat...always liked the foreshadowing in that. Not to mention it sets Jon apart from the Starks. It's always been one of my favorite scenes for some reason...

personnaly i really except :

- the arrival of Robert where i hope we'll get some flashbacks

- the feast where nearly everybody is here (ned, cat, the kids, robert, cercei, jaime, tyrion, benjen, jon ...)

- the tourney, espcially the end where King robert yelling to end the fight !

• 2 weeks later...

For me it would have to be the scene with Dany walking towards the flames of the funeral pyre and Jorah shouting for her to stop. (for the 1st time viewer) Knowing shes filled with grief for her lost husband who she smothered, the unborn child she lost, (the viewer thinking that shes going to commit suicide).

The fire burning away her hair, she steps into the flames and the logs crashing down around her. (Knowing that shes dead, hoping its not true).

(This is important; it has to show Jorah standing in front of the flames when Dany steps into the firestorm.)

He collapses to the ground as if he lost the person he loves, his head hanging down.

(It then fades out and then back in with him still in the same position, the fire is burned down, its only ash and glowing embers).

Jorah slowly walks forward, the bottom of his boots hissing, small wisps of smoke coming from the heat off the ground. (Id love to see this with the camera at ground level, so you just see him from the knees down, and everything is distorted from the heat shimmer).

As he moves towards the spot where the logs crashed down around Dany, a charred skull and hand comes into view. (maybe Jorah letting out a soft mournful "noooo" almost like a sigh).

He continues as if to collect the bones of his queen. (more bones come into view, the stallions, Drogos, and a blackened pile behind it)

(He steps on on a bone and it snaps, and the blackened pile moves. The ash and soot flakes off of Danys body as she turns to look at Jorah, her skin soft and milky underneath, he stumbles back a few steps)

"...yet she was unhurt.

The cream-and-gold dragon was sucking at her left breast, the green-and-bronze at the right. Her arms cradled them close. The black and scarlet beast was draped across her shoulders, its long sinuous neck coiled under her chin. When it saw Jorah, it raised its head and looked at him with eyes as red as coals."

(Jorah falls to his knees, not even noticing how hot the ground is.) (the camera pulls back showing Jhogo dropping to the ground murmuring "blood of my blood", then Aggo and then Rakharo.) (the carmera pulls back even farther and you see whats left of her people falling to their knees)

(the camera snaps back to Dany starting to stand up, the coals at her feet coloring her skin red and casting parts of her in shadow.) (something appears behind her head, making it look as if she has a red glowing halo) (as the camera moves position, just a little, you see its a red comet in the sky behind her)

"As Daenerys Targaryen rose up to her feet, her black hissed, pale smoke venting from its mouth and nostrils. The other two pulled away from her breasts and added their voices to the call, translucent wings unfolding and stirring the air, and for the the first time in hundreds of years, the night came alive with the music of dragons."

That is totally a "Fuck yeah!" moment, the best Ive ever read. And I sure hope they do it justice.

Balls-on scene, antisocial. Fuckin' a. Gave me chills.

I can't wait.

So many bad shows out there, so much horrible, unwatchable TV. Reality TV, Real Housewives of Whatever, America's Got No Shame, et/al.

Just give me this, HBO. You could make greatness happen.

Just give me this!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived