Lots of hints on Not A Blog!

Rimmer

This be pushing it but in this interview from June http://virtuality-tv.info/Cast/Interview-N...ajCosterWaldau/

They ask him

John: Assuming Virtuality goes no further than the movie we see on June 26th, do you have any other potential TV or movie roles lined up in the near future here in the US?

Nikolaj: I hope to start shooting in the fall. Can't be more specific.

Anyway, I like this guy.

Great find! As that part of the interview is from June 26, That's in the correct period for him knowing that he is Jaime, as the five castings mentioned should have been completed in that period.

Looking at the pictures of Alfie Allen, he looks more of age with Robb (considering they're aged up). Theon, while 19 in the book, I would picture having to be mid-late twenties on screen, since Ned will be around 40, and the two boys will be around 17-18.

True, but since Kit Harington is 22, they may have changed their minds and decided they needed an actor of the same age to do Robb.

Great find! As that part of the interview is from June 26, That's in the correct period for him knowing that he is Jaime, as the five castings mentioned should have been completed in that period.

Except that GRRM confirmed that Jaime was cast on the weekend of Worldcon, whilst a few days earlier he was saying Jaime hadn't been cast yet.

However, it is possible they had decided on him earlier, and it took a few weeks to close the deal.

This. Dany's beauty is likely an exaggeration spread by rumour and secondhand stories and like any woman she wouldn't appeal to everyone anyway

Agreed however in order for those rumors to start the woman still must be very attractive and to be honest i just don think tamzin is attractive enough to pull off the role

A digital recreation of what Cleopatra is supposed to have looked like. The most legendary beauty of the classic age, and she looks like she's part pufferfish. I have no trouble believing someone of even above average attractiveness (which Tamzin Merchant is) could be elevated to the most beautiful woman in the world through legend.

Beauty is such a subjective thing anyway. As long as the actors look reasonably like the characters described, it shouldn't be a problem. Merchant looks like a small, skinny, attractive 15-year-old, which is exactly how the character is described. I'm much more concerned by whether she can act the part or not, rather than fulfilling some impossible standard of "world's most beautiful woman".

From what I recall, they were looking for a 17-18 year old for Robb, and a 22 year old for Theon. Alfie Allen is 22, so I'm guessing he's a more likely Theon, though I could be wrong.

I meant their characters are supposed to be 16-18, no?

In the acting world, casting agencies typically look for young-looking 22-24 year olds to play high school students. They don't actually get high school students to play high school students.

And since Theon will have to be visually older than Robb/Jon, I would suspect they'd look for an actor in the 28-30 range, which is typical when casting for a character around 22.

All in all, Alfie Allen looks too young to be Theon if he's paired with Kit Harrington and whoever they get for Robb.

I just looked up Alfie Allen on IMDB and noticed he played that semi-retarded servant boy in Atonement. He was actually very good and convincing in that. Whether he can play Theon is another story though.

Still, it changed my mind about him. He can actually act.

So to sum up, there appear to be some kind of consensus about Alfie Allen (Theon), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime) and Tamzin Merchant (Dany) as three of the six. With two unknown child actors this leaves us one 'known' actor which Esquire think is hot and has been seen wandering a castle exclaiming about roses.

Yes, June would fit Coster-Waldau being in negotiations, or at least being narrowed down to a likely possibility; hence his hope that he'd be filming (if he was not yet absolutely sure to be Jaime at that time).

We shall see, though.

So to sum up, there appear to be some kind of consensus about Alfie Allen (Theon), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime) and Tamzin Merchant (Dany) as three of the six. With two unknown child actors this leaves us one 'known' actor which Esquire think is hot and has been seen wandering a castle exclaiming about roses.

And if all those three turn out to be correct, may I assume the three of us who first cracked the clues get neener-neener bragging rights here for a day? :lol:

Beauty is such a subjective thing anyway. As long as the actors look reasonably like the characters described, it shouldn't be a problem. Merchant looks like a small, skinny, attractive 15-year-old, which is exactly how the character is described. I'm much more concerned by whether she can act the part or not, rather than fulfilling some impossible standard of "world's most beautiful woman".

Agreed. And we can't forget about the amazing things they can do with hair and makeup. For anyone who watches America's Next Top Model (you wanna be on top :P ), when they can do something like this ,a pretty girl can end up looking stunning.

I would much rather be immersed into the story through quality acting than have someone who may look the part perfectly, but can't act.

This is assuming Merchant is the one being referenced on the 5 clue, rather than the castle clue. She could just as easily fit the latter.

And if all those three turn out to be correct, may I assume the three of us who first cracked the clues get neener-neener bragging rights here for a day? :lol:

Lol Oh you know that that won't happen. If any of these are right then we'll just get and an arguement about who figured it out first lol :P

This is assuming Merchant is the one being referenced on the 5 clue, rather than the castle clue. She could just as easily fit the latter.

I don't remember her exclaiming about roses in Tudor, even if she might have been carrying some and there is the general Tudor-roses link.

Archived