Lots of hints on Not A Blog!

Rimmer

To whomever suggested Matthew Goode as a possible Jaime, I will second that. "Too good to be true"--be still my heart! :eek:

We've already seen him trying to do a charismatic, warrior-type role in Watchmen and he was mediocre in that, probably the most miscast person in the film (although I enjoyed the film overall). Not Jaime at all, in my eyes.

I know someone joked (I think joked) about Mila Jovovich as Cersei...

I was pretty much only joking. While she has the look and is the right age for Cersei, I highly doubt she has the range to pull off hysterical/narcissistic/cunning all in the same sentence. Plus, I doubt George would insult us with as simplistic clue as that.

Of course if it does turn out to be true, you heard it here first :P

We've already seen him trying to do a charismatic, warrior-type role in Watchmen and he was mediocre in that, probably the most miscast person in the film (although I enjoyed the film overall). Not Jaime at all, in my eyes.

I disagree, loved his understated performance. The role of Jaime is, however, very different

Taking Sparqs idea:
that comes up for 'Too Good To Be True' on youtube is for Australian actor Alex O'Loughlin. I don't really see him as Jaime, but I wouldn't be super upset or anything if it was him. The man has the body to pull off Jaime, at the very least. He also seems to have a clear schedule.

He was also the lead on a CBS series called Moonlight, which was cancelled last year.

Hmmm, I could see that!

Now about Nicole Kidman...I would be really shocked if she is Cersei, that would be way too expensive! I hope they've cast someone else.

I don't know why everyone is flipping out over Dany...the actress playing her has to look really young and I don't think any of the suggestions on here even make sense. As for being beautiful, I never pictured Dany as such. She has striking features that set her apart as a Targ, but you don't need someone gorgeous to play her. She's a girl when the series starts, remember that.

I think Tamzin Merchant, assuming she really got cast, is more than pretty enough to be Dany, and whoever says otherwise is just neurotic or shallow. Dany is supposed to be "exotic" pretty (so just give her purple contacts and dye her hair silver-ish), but the whole "most beautiful woman in the world" thing is just sailor talk about the "Mother of Dragons". Besides, what did you expect them to find, the actual most beautiful woman actress in the world (there's no thing, by the way, since it's entirely subjective - for a straight woman like me, that title goes to Monica Bellucci)?

Yeah, you know, sticking so hard to this notion that Dany is absolutely defined by extreme beauty is going to make it very hard to cast the role. I'd much rather they get a perfectly pretty or "normally" beautiful actress who can actually play her well. There's no actress they can possibly get that will get everyone to say, "Oh yeah, most beautiful woman ever." I don't recall many people going on about how the various actresses to play Helen of Troy aren't so beautiful as to launch a thousand ships. ;)

Agree with the two above. And, Tamzin has that waifish woman-child thing going on. Her face--and her very slim little body--look quite young and vulnerable to me.

ETA: I've never heard her name actually spoken aloud. I assume her surname is pronounced mer-SHANT, rather than merchant as in shopkeeper? (Interesting that she spent part of her childhood in Dubai. She should feel quite at home filming the Essos scenes in Morocco!)

Agree with the two above. And, Tamzin has that waifish woman-child thing going on. Her face--and her very slim little body--look quite young and vulnerable to me.

Comparing this picture of Merchant and this picture of Lloyd......give them both silver blonde hair and purple eyes...the resemblance is strong. Shape of the face and such. Given the Targ's are known for incest ,it might make sense for them to look like one another.

Comparing this picture of Merchant and this picture of Lloyd......give them both silver blonde hair and purple eyes...the resemblance is strong. Shape of the face and such. Given the Targ's are known for incest ,it might make sense for them to look like one another.

Trying to open the Tamzin pic, I get a 'web page declined to display' it.

I know someone joked (I think joked) about Mila Jovovich as Cersei...

She can do 'batshit crazy' very well, as as Joan of Arc and arguably The Fifth Element. In all of her 'straight' roles I've seen her in she's not been outstanding.

Oddly, after seeing her as Joan, I kept picturing her as a sort of smaller version of Brienne, despite being a lot more attractive than Brienne is supposed to be.

Yeah, you know, sticking so hard to this notion that Dany is absolutely defined by extreme beauty is going to make it very hard to cast the role. I'd much rather they get a perfectly pretty or "normally" beautiful actress who can actually play her well. There's no actress they can possibly get that will get everyone to say, "Oh yeah, most beautiful woman ever." I don't recall many people going on about how the various actresses to play Helen of Troy aren't so beautiful as to launch a thousand ships.

This. Dany's beauty is likely an exaggeration spread by rumour and secondhand stories and like any woman she wouldn't appeal to everyone anyway.

Huh. Coster-Waldau was on Ron D. Moore's failed pilot, Virtuality, where

SPOILER: Virtuality
he was the captain ... who was shockingly killed at the very end of the episode.

I think we may have a winner, if we accept "To Good to be True" indicates George decided to pop his name into YouTube and knows some of the obsessive fans would do the same.

Huh. Coster-Waldau was on Ron D. Moore's failed pilot, Virtuality, where
SPOILER: Virtuality
he was the captain ... who was shockingly killed at the very end of the episode.

I think we may have a winner, if we accept "To Good to be True" indicates George decided to pop his name into YouTube and knows some of the obsessive fans would do the same.

Whoops, this post was sitting in the submit for for a few hours.. I totally forgot to send it off :)

But it seems others have already seen it as well:

This one's a bit out there, as the "Too good to be true" is repeated as a clue, and this is just a fan video, but anyway:

Lo and behold, I found

. Some more stuff clicks too. He is danish, he has several canceled shows (Virtuality / New Amsterdam), and he even has the dutch treat thing down with New Amsterdam.

Now to match one of the clues in the first post. Aha guess what he plays here, a Headsman. How Ned like.

He seems a bit on the old side though, but I like the guy. It would depend on who would be Cersei I guess.

This be pushing it but in this interview from June http://virtuality-tv.info/Cast/Interview-N...ajCosterWaldau/

They ask him

John: Assuming Virtuality goes no further than the movie we see on June 26th, do you have any other potential TV or movie roles lined up in the near future here in the US?

Nikolaj: I hope to start shooting in the fall. Can't be more specific.

Anyway, I like this guy.

This. Dany's beauty is likely an exaggeration spread by rumour and secondhand stories and like any woman she wouldn't appeal to everyone anyway

Agreed however in order for those rumors to start the woman still must be very attractive and to be honest i just don think tamzin is attractive enough to pull off the role

Given that GRRM mentioned the trouble they are having, I wonder if they ever considered just making Jaime and Cersei brother and sister rather than twins. It would be a different relationship, certainly, but if it means they can get two excellent actors without having to worry because they're five years apart in age it might be worth it.

God, please, no. Their being twins is not only THE defining feature of their relationship, it´s the only possible way to explain their incest/love story. At least now, they are both equals and they both want the same. Make one older then another, and we go from "two bodies, one mind", "born together, die together", "sneak to sleep interwined in the same bed", "I can´t remember when we first began to kiss, it was so innocent at first" sweet childhood turned wrong at some point, to a sick situation where the older sibling would be suspect of forcing the younger one into an unwanted sexual relationship.

I find all actors aged closer to 40 to be too old for Jaime. I am seriously troubled by my own sallowness, but can´t do anything about it :(. That´s the one character I want to be perfect in every sense... And still gorgeous/hot 7 years from here!

Archived