Rugby

Vestrit

I think we should deal with the continuation of Tim Payne's international career before we start going off on secondary matters.

Good point. The ability of the worst scrummagers in the Premiership regularly to contribute props to the England team never fails to amaze me.

Will Green man. Will fucking Green. .

:lol:

I can't say I disagree about Payne but who would you have gone for instead?

There doesn't seem to be too many looseheads sticking their hand up for international selection, Freshwater has apparently been doing well at Perpignon and he looked good against Northampton but he never really struck me as the solution to England's problems neither do Barnes or Flatman to be honest. That said I'd still probably take them ahead of Payne.

:lol:

I can't say I disagree about Payne but who would you have gone for instead?

There doesn't seem to be too many looseheads sticking their hand up for international selection, Freshwater has apparently been doing well at Perpignon and he looked good against Northampton but he never really struck me as the solution to England's problems neither do Barnes or Flatman to be honest. That said I'd still probably take them ahead of Payne.

I'd take those three ahead of Payne for starters.

England are doing ok. Not sure what Barnes is watching but the lineout is shakey, a lot of luck in those stats. they are being let down by those players who we know are not good enough to be out there, Payne, Crane, Banahan etc... Serious lack of rugby IQ in the team. Geraghty needs to stop trying too hard. Wilson is going well.

If the sight of Johnny making those two tackles didn't give you a semi then check your pulse.

What's the score?

18 - 9 to Aus. All over.

England had far too many mediocre players on the pitch. They need to show faith in Geraghty, he had a bad match on balance but he will have a bad match until he finds his feet. He plays at the limits and the Premiership is no preparation for this level. Danny Care seems to be frozen by analysis paralysis which is a killer. Players are too used to lulls in a match at club level, they need to get their fingers out of their arses and wake up. Plenty to build on for England but Johnson has to get the right players on the pitch to start with. Bring in Bell, Laws, Haskell and Hodgson off the bench. They need another 13 and Arinle isn't the answer. Tim Payne should be made aware that the 'N' shape is for rucks not scrummaging. Get Monye back on the wing for that lump Banahan.

Ok performance from England but again while not being awful they fell short of what was needed.

Wilkinson had a reasonable game and while Geraghty didn't have a great game he needs to be given more time to develop, plus there's really no other option. Changes need to made though, with more dynamisn in the pack definitely needed. I'd bring Hartley, Bell and Haskell into the team and either start Lawes or leave him on the bench and bring in Shaw if he's available. In the backs Hodgson has to come in for Care to speed up the service and I'd get Foden in for Banahan.

For Australia Genia is undoubtedly a massive improvment on Burgess and looks a very good player on the other hand though Giteau really looks to be off his game which is a worry for them.

Wales have to be pretty disappointed with their performance against the All Blacks, despite the score being close they got totally outplayed at the breakdown and didn't offer much in the backs.

And what's up with Haskell? I thought England weren't going to play any players playing in France.

Flutey, Haskell, Lund, etc.

When you have 30 or more players injured, rules like that tend to be quietly forgotten.

Is Flutey injured then?

Yes.

England never said they wouldn't pick players who were based in France just that it might be more difficult for them to get into the England team.

I forgot to mention yesterday that the most impressive performance of the weekend was certainly Leicester's win over South Africa. Great game, who doesn't love old fashioned tour games?

SA vs Leicester was exciting

Aus vs Eng was frustrating

NZ vs Wales was dull. It would have been interesting to see how different it could have been had Byrne and Phillips been playing.

NZ vs England in the rugby league was an exercise in yelling at the telly cos NZ were so poor. England were interesting though. Been pretty average until that game and then turned up and played really well. Kyle Eastmond’s a cracking wee player.

Archived