Rugby

Vestrit

Munster win 41-10 after going 10-0 down against Treviso.

Poor first-half performance but we were excellent in the second. Dowling proves himself yet again, what does he have to do to get a starting spot? Hopefully that doesn't mean that Howlett is injured badly though. De Villiers finally scored, and Warwick was man of the match.

Poor first-half performance but we were excellent in the second. Dowling proves himself yet again, what does he have to do to get a starting spot? Hopefully that doesn't mean that Howlett is injured badly though. De Villiers finally scored, and Warwick was man of the match.

O'Gara missed a huge number of penalties. While Sexton had a good game. Nice to see some competition emerge before the next WC. Leinster had a fine win but they have a harder group.

Pity Ulster lost. They have a bad record away from home in the Heineken. And they had a shot against Edinburgh. Its a tough group also.

Ireland should have a big chance in the November internationals. Our backs look especially strong. But I hope O'Gara finds his form again. And we still rely on Hayes returning. We are still short of options in some areas.

Yeah we need Hayes badly. I don't think some people realised how good he is until he was suspended.

Again I don't think you'll find too many people to agree with that assesment. :P

I can't believe Bath have lost like that for the second year in a row, God knows why you'd be playing rugby like that in your own half with two minutes to go.

Ospreys managed to get away with another awful second half performance this week. For team with so many talented players their mental fragility whenever they come under the slightest pressure is a little bit embarrassing.

I've watched almost every game this weekend, and the one consistent factor in almost all of them is that the refereeing has been awful.

Shit on-field decisions, shit calls by touch judges and even shitter 'non-calls' by touch judges. I've lost count of the number of forward passes and knock-ons I thought the touchie would alert the referee to but instead ignored.

And Wayne Barnes, usually an excellent referee, almost cost the Ospreys the game with his refusal to check for a (fucking blatant) knock-on before one of Clermont's tries.

It's actually ruined a few games for me this weekend. I hope they all get a fucking rocket from their assessors this week. If players made the shit decisions these guys have made this weekend, they'd be on the bench or not even in the squad next weekend

And Wayne Barnes, usually an excellent referee, almost cost the Ospreys the game with his refusal to check for a (fucking blatant) knock-on before one of Clermont's tries.

It was pretty blatant (and probably should have been seen) but the TMO can't check for anything but knock ons in the act of scoring so Wayne Barnes didn't have the option of going to the TMO.

Still doesn't change the fact.

Did Marcus Horan shag your missus?

John Hayes goes missing in big matches, leans on at the breakdown, would rather worry about fringe defence than winning the ball, mistimes his lifts far too often, scrummages eight inches too high 80% of the time and lacks a big pair of bollocks to do the hard work when the hard work needs doing. Other than that he is great. Oh and his hands are utter shit.

I cannot believe we threw that game away on Saturday. Why Tom Homer, after gifting Scarlets two tries, several penalties and costing us the near certainty of scoring a try, managing to get sin-binned and improve our defence by doing so, returned to the field while Seva'ali was taken off, is a mystery to me. Scarlets played well, but we should have won that game. It's going to be tough to qualify now.

Did Marcus Horan shag your missus?

John Hayes goes missing in big matches, leans on at the breakdown, would rather worry about fringe defence than winning the ball, mistimes his lifts far too often, scrummages eight inches too high 80% of the time and lacks a big pair of bollocks to do the hard work when the hard work needs doing. Other than that he is great. Oh and his hands are utter shit.

A lot of what you said is not true. And Marcus hasn't been playing that well this year at all. Brugnaut looks good too.

Hayes is probably the most consistent player for Munster, he puts out the same performance week in, week out, he isn't the best scrummager admittedly but is the best lifter in Ireland and possibly the whole of Europe, which is why Ireland's line-out is so strong.

Hayes is probably the most consistent player for Munster, he puts out the same performance week in, week out, he isn't the best scrummager admittedly but is the best lifter in Ireland and possibly the whole of Europe, which is why Ireland's line-out is so strong.

He's a tighthead prop who's not a very good scrummager and isn't particularly good around the park, I'm not sure those are the attributes I'd be looking for.

Munster have quite a few players that are very good but Hayes is certainly the weak point in their pack.

He's a tighthead prop who's not a very good scrummager and isn't particularly good around the park, I'm not sure those are the attributes I'd be looking for.

Munster have quite a few players that are very good but Hayes is certainly the weak point in their pack.

And why is it that since Hayes is gone, that their pack has collapsed completely?

And why is it that since Hayes is gone, that their pack has collapsed completely?

Because if you have a tighthead prop who's at best an average scrummager like Hayes as your first choice that doesn't speak well for the quality of your second choice tighthead.

True.

But Hayes has been instrumental in a team which has possibly been the best in Europe over the last 10 years.

And an Irish team which won a grand slam and 3 triple crowns. He's underrated. Ireland don't produce many great props, but he's the best we've had since the Claw.

True.

But Hayes has been instrumental in a team which has possibly been the best in Europe over the last 10 years.

And an Irish team which won a grand slam and 3 triple crowns. He's underrated. Ireland don't produce many great props, but he's the best we've had since the Claw.

He hasn't been instrumental, he has just been there. In fact the awful scrummaging and lack of competition in the front five is what has hampered us from beating the very best teams over the past decade. I know that it has been drummed into you that Hayes is a legend, that his team mates love him, that he is Mr Consistent, that he can turn water into wine etc... Ever thought why his team and coaches have been beating that drum about a player who suffers from lack of confidence? My eyes tell me a different story from the one my ears are being fed. He is not very good.

Archived