Actresses who could pass for Nikolaj Coster-Waldau's Twin

quigon87

A major, famous movie star. Brian Cox and Brad Dourif certainly are.

Of course, maybe that's not entirely correct. If the term "A-list" applies to the likes of Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie, then no a-list has ever starred in an HBO production, no. And that's a good thing, really. Those actors are too expensive for what they're worth.

Remember that heterozygotic twins don't have more genes in common than ordinary siblings, so it's really sufficient if they look similar enough to be brother and sister.

I think it is important for their story. Not just that they look alike, but that their relationship is the culmination of their collective narcissism. When the story begins, it becomes clear that they believe themselves better than everyone around them (including/especially the king). They both believe that the other twin is the physical and psychological counterpart of him/herself. Therefore their coupling is not with a sister or brother, but essentially with "themself". I think this is central to their characters and is why they need to look as alike as possible. (Though, I'll accept "close enough" for TV purposes.)

SPOILER: ASoS?
Remember, the first time Jaime rejects Cersei's advances is when he realizes that he has changed (physically and emotionally), and he has now grown as a person beyond his sister.

I understood from the boarders that both Sean Bean and Peter Dinklage counted as A-listers.

Yeah, same. I checked the Wikipedia definition though and it really refers to big-ass multi-million-costing names like Johnny Depp and the likes, so I don't know really.

Well, if Peter Dinklage counts, then we already have an A-lister who will be sticking around for all the seasons we know of so far, so it's not that vital that Cersei is one too.

IMO it's not vital that anyone be an "a-list" at all.

IMO it's not vital that anyone be an "a-list" at all.

Agreed, but I've seen a few people saying that they believed we needed a big name for Cersei in order to sustain interest in the show after Bean leaves. I don't see it myself.

On topic,

Diane Kruger will never happen as Cersei, Tricia Helfer on the other hand would be a good fit. I posted on the "Lannisters" official casting page, I think NCW is too masculine looking for the role of Jaime, but Tricia Helfer would make a good a match as Cersei I think.

Also, on a slightly less important note, Tricia Helfer would make up for the casting of a distinctly average looking Tamzin Merchant as Dany. It would kind of ruin the foretelling of Cersei's future though, given that the one who will eventually overthrow her WON'T be more beautiful than she is...unless of course that actually does turn out to be Margaery Tyrell and the actress playing her is beautiful....kind of getting ahead of things here though, it is just a pilot after all. :P

Agreed, but I've seen a few people saying that they believed we needed a big name for Cersei in order to sustain interest in the show after Bean leaves. I don't see it myself.

Yes, if it is the lack of a "big" name that kills off the series, then clearly aGoT didn't come out as well as it should. :)

It would kind of ruin the foretelling of Cersei's future though, given that the one who will eventually overthrow her WON'T be more beautiful than she is

They might just drop the prophecy. Or re-word it. ***shrugs***

I think it is important for their story. Not just that they look alike, but that their relationship is the culmination of their collective narcissism. When the story begins, it becomes clear that they believe themselves better than everyone around them (including/especially the king). They both believe that the other twin is the physical and psychological counterpart of him/herself. Therefore their coupling is not with a sister or brother, but essentially with "themself". I think this is central to their characters and is why they need to look as alike as possible.

Since i'm not sure Cersei will look very strongly like Jaime, I think we should accept the possibility that they may have to do something else to explain their relationship. For example, instead of looking that similar, focus on the fact that they are both Lannisters and thus superior to everyone else. They are also still twins, whatever their actual appearances. They will still both be blond. Beyond that? Not sure looks is vital. You can still explain their relationship.

If its a no name in their 30s, why havent they accomplished much to this point? Are they likely to be good enough for the part? I could see younger actors coming out of no where, but I dont think Cercei will.

Depends on what you define as "much". An actor can be a star of the stage and small screen for years, decades even before they make it to prominence or get that big role. Actors can go their whole lives without being known by the world and still be a terrific actor. Unless your idea of accomplishing much is making it onto Access Hollywood at least once or twice.

Deadwood definitely had A-listers: Brian Cox and Brad Dourif. Timothy Olyphant is also somewhat a rising star.

:rofl:

No. Brian Cox was the major "that guy" around 2004-2007 but he's no A-lister. And Brad Dourif is still mostly known as the guy who played Chucky. Definitely not an A-Lister. Olyphant is a rising star due in part to his stint on Deadwood.

The only actors that come close to A-list who work for HBO are on their mini-series. Not their regular series. An A-lister is not going to tie themselves down for several years on a fantasy series, even if it's on HBO. We all may be rabid fans of the series but most actors could give a shit about A Song of Ice and Fire.

We'll be lucky to get a few more stars on the level of NCW, Dinklage and Addy. I'd maybe even remove Dinklage from the list. He showed that he's a great actor in The Station Agent, but really, what type of other roles are there for him out there? For a midget, this is the role of a lifetime.

Anyway, Bean is likely as big as it gets for this season. If the show is a hit we may get a few larger names who sign on for short-lived roles in later seasons. I'm thinking,

SPOILER: short-lived roles

Qhorin Halfhand in the second season and definitely the Red Viper in the third. Can't think of anyone who is just in Feast offhand

But as for right now, even expecting names like Tricia Helfer or Diane Kruger is a stretch. I'd bet money it's someone like Ehle or Merchant, who some people recognize but most go, "who?"

On topic,

Diane Kruger will never happen as Cersei, Tricia Helfer on the other hand would be a good fit. I posted on the "Lannisters" official casting page, I think NCW is too masculine looking for the role of Jaime, but Tricia Helfer would make a good a match as Cersei I think.

Also, on a slightly less important note, Tricia Helfer would make up for the casting of a distinctly average looking Tamzin Merchant as Dany. It would kind of ruin the foretelling of Cersei's future though, given that the one who will eventually overthrow her WON'T be more beautiful than she is...unless of course that actually does turn out to be Margaery Tyrell and the actress playing her is beautiful....kind of getting ahead of things here though, it is just a pilot after all. :P

1. Tricia Helfer is on a show coming out in the fall, no?

2. Can she do an accent? Any accent?

Don't get me wrong...L

On topic,

Don't get me wrong...Love Tricia Helfer, but just because she was great in BSG doesn't mean she will be perfect as Cersei.

On topic,

Well see... I find Tamzin Merchant far prettier than Tricia Helfer. Also, I will probably send a bomb to HBO if they cast this wench as Cersei. But I'm not too worried, they'll no doubt want cast a British (or other European) actress, not an American.

Based on this thread everyone seems to have given up on Elizabeth Banks (presumably as she was only guessed at from the clues we now know don't apply to her), but if not, it appears she starts shooting a movie next month and has a project lined up for after that already, which would seem to definitively rule her out for GoT.

Well see... I find Tamzin Merchant far prettier than Tricia Helfer. Also, I will probably send a bomb to HBO if they cast this wench as Cersei. But I'm not too worried, they'll no doubt want cast a British (or other European) actress, not an American.

Tricia Helfer is Canadian. Not such a difference if your comment was for accent preference, but trash talking is always more effective when your facts are straight (relevant or no).

This probably has been asked before... How the fuck is TM average looking? OK, she has a big forehead, and that makes her average? Have you seen more than one picture of her?

We'll be lucky to get a few more stars on the level of NCW, Dinklage and Addy. I'd maybe even remove Dinklage from the list. He showed that he's a great actor in The Station Agent, but really, what type of other roles are there for him out there? For a midget, this is the role of a lifetime.

Dinklage was not only in that movie, he had roles in big budget Hollywood movies as well. He was in Narnia and Elf, among the two that I remember. His first role was a not so minor part as an angry dwarf in a Steve Buscemi movie. I showed friends of mine his picture, and these are people who don't know who Brad Pitt is, and they all recognized him from different movies. Addy, on the other hand, has played in a "ugly guy hot wife" sitcom, is known primarily in England for his role in The Full Monty, and was a supporting role in a Heath Ledger film before Ledger was nominated for an Oscar. I'd never heard the name Mark Addy before I read GRRM's announcement, and I recognized his face, though I didn't know from where.

This probably has been asked before... How the fuck is TM average looking? OK, she has a big forehead, and that makes her average? Have you seen more than one picture of her?

Different strokes for different folks and all, but yes, imo, Tamzin Merchant isn't better than average looking, and yes I've seen more than one picture of her. No doubt she'll look prettier when she's all "Dany-fied" but still, I don't find her attractive. But as long as she acts really well (if she can), I won't be complaining.

Don't get me wrong...Love Tricia Helfer, but just because she was great in BSG doesn't mean she will be perfect as Cersei.

I think Tricia Helfer could definitely pull off the sexiness required for Cersei. Having said that, I've never seen much of her stuff since I never really watched BSG, and I never said she would be perfect for the role, I just think she could fit the looks required. Again though, acting is what's most important, but a certain amount of sexiness is required to pull-off Cersei Lannister, I think everyone can agree on that.

Archived