World of Warcraft

GoN

BTW, Saurfang changes:

We did make some changes to the fight to make the "Just let people with Marks die" strategy not something you want to do, but it was not our intention to make the fight drastically more difficult. We're currently looking over his abilities to see what's happening.
We've just deployed a hotfix that reduces Saurfang's blood power gain from ability damage back to 3.3.0 values. There was also a minor visual range issue with Blood Nova that was fixed.
Absorbs such as Power Word: Shield no longer prevent Blood Power from being gained when damage is dealt by Saurfang. Casting Power Word: Shield is not a bad thing to do as the ability will absorb the damage dealt. This was an intentional 3.3.2 change. We also removed the ability to knockback the Blood Beasts off the platform and the removed of Blood Power gain from Mark of the Fallen Champion damage. We unfortunately missed getting these changes into the patch notes.

Also, some sexy news for me:

Paladin:

# Sacred Duty now provides 2 / 4% Stamina, down from 4 / 8% Stamina. The cooldown advantages of the talent remain unchanged.

Death Knight:

# Frost Presence now provides 8% Stamina, up from 6% Stamina.

# Icebound Fortitude now provides 30% base damage reduction, up from 20% damage reduction. For a geared tank with high defense, this translates to 50% damage reduction, up from 40%.

After 14 months of playing, it's only just now occurred to me how creepy it is that the principal goal of this game is to steal the clothing off the backs of the men you've murdered, or sometimes to make it out of their fucking skin.

It's what the vikings did. This board is also inspired by a series with a whole section of men who do the same thing (The Ironborn), taking spoils from the people you kill is fairly common, I never thought it was that creepy.

Skinning Yetis however has always bothered me, as they are labeled as humanoid, by rights I should be able to skin Tauren, Trolls and eventually Worgen too!

Another night of Rotface wipes however we did get him to 16%. I'm confident he will be dead this week. What killed us this time were just minor mistakes instead of the raw stupidity that it's been the last couple weeks.

I'm fairly worried about Sindragosa when we finally get to her. Considering my auto attack swings ever 1.05 seconds (without bloodlust, berserk or haste pots) that's an awful lot of debuff potential. Even if I go combat I'm still swinging every 1.10, I just hope the 2sec ICD on the debuf is enough to keep me alive once cloak and feint are on cooldown.

You can't skin humans Ini. Althought I wish you could. Or Nelfs. I'd like to make a nice blue nelf leather vest.

Downed / Upped Dreamwalker last night.

Got BQL to 1% Still having trouble with people getting MC'd, but the changing of the fear timer helps. We should get her Monday if people play better.

Blizzard seems to have stealth buffed a lot of these fights.

First thre was the faster stacking of Blood Power on Saurfang.

Then after Dreamwalker we did Blood princes. We lost 7 people to the first empowered shock. So I'm yelling at people calling them out for being dumb, etc. we end up wiping. 2nd go we lose another person on empowered shock and several others drop very low. We notice a red aura around people during the empowered shock. It looks like they added in additinal damage there. As melee I wasnt paying much attention as I ran out away from people anyways.

I'm fairly worried about Sindragosa when we finally get to her. Considering my auto attack swings ever 1.05 seconds (without bloodlust, berserk or haste pots) that's an awful lot of debuff potential. Even if I go combat I'm still swinging every 1.10, I just hope the 2sec ICD on the debuf is enough to keep me alive once cloak and feint are on cooldown.

You just have to stop attacking sometimes. That's the point of the debuff. Spin your ass around 180 and stop swinging till it goes away. I swing pretty fast as enhancement too, and I have to do just this; if you just keep attacking the debuff will pile up till it kills you, and you'll be sucking up large amounts of healing from your raid too.

I don't get people who don't understand that you can't just keep letting this stuff stack and hope for the best; some of our casters did that last night and 1-shotted themselves then asked what happened. I mean... me, our raid leader, a couple of other guys and the healers all noticed that this one guy had about 25 stacks of the instability debuff before he died, but apparently he didn't notice or bother to work out what would happen as a result of this. We're the top raiding guild on our server and people are still letting this shit stack up on them? Next thing people will be standing in fires again *big sigh*

Race : I don't know about stealth-buffing. Saurfang was bugged. We 1-shotted the professor and 2-shotted BQL (would have been a 1-shot but we used one attempt fucking around trying to get people their achievements and working out how to get our Shadowmourne bearer his quest). Going back on Sunday to tackle Sindragosa with 19 attempts. Our 10 man groups also have attempts remaining on Sindragosa so we might do those first and so we get a chance to get in some attempts on the LK and ensure everyone will know what they are doing for Sindy. Annoyingly our weekly quest for ICC25 is the Sindy one and it looks to be a silly hard one so we might not get that done, or end up wasting tries trying to get it done. Fucking Blizzard.

Also was anyone else confused as to why that stupidly easy Valkyr miniboss thing gives out 1 EoF? She's way easier than Stinky or Precious.

You just have to stop attacking sometimes. That's the point of the debuff. Spin your ass around 180 and stop swinging till it goes away. I swing pretty fast as enhancement too, and I have to do just this; if you just keep attacking the debuff will pile up till it kills you, and you'll be sucking up large amounts of healing from your raid too.

To clarify, I'm not worried about killing myself, just worried about not getting enough time on the boss. I can cloak my stacks off, and use feint to mitigate damage through higher stack levels but if I'm turning and sitting on my ass every 20 seconds I don't imagine I'll get much done. We're not even close to that though, so I'll worry about it another day.

I knew I'd missed out on the first 3 bosses in ICC this week because the guild decided to run on Tuesdays (which I can't do) what I didn't know is that the ICC quest was also done on Tuesday, meaning a total of 11 emblems lost this week. I don't know how I feel about this. If the only current raiding I'm going to be doing is Festergut + wiping on new wing bosses, it may be time to look for a raid spot somewhere else.

Got BQL to 1% Still having trouble with people getting MC'd, but the changing of the fear timer helps. We should get her Monday if people play better.

THere's a mod to keep track of the stuff on this fight if you didn't know.

You can't skin humans Ini. Althought I wish you could. Or Nelfs. I'd like to make a nice blue nelf leather vest.

I know, my rogue's first profession was skinning and I expressed displeasure about that even then. I was thinking more along the lines of, say, Onyxia-Hide Bags.

Archived