World of Warcraft

GoN

I found the bad shaman

At one point during the run he switched from the tankard o terror and titansteel shiedwallto using a staff to dps with.

At the end he needed on the orb and this staff.

Frankly after looking at him im not even mad, I'm just impressed.

Wow.

I didn't think it was possible to have a gearset quite that fucked up.

Edit : I also have a bad shaman story. Last night after our ICC, myself and some guildies needed to do a random heroic, in the end there were four of us, and I couldn't be arsed to heal. Soo.. enter the random pug shaman. We're all on vent and I inspect his gear "yeah, he's either leaving sockets empty or socketing spellpower, and he's wearing some ele gear, we're all going to die". Five minutes later we all die and shaman quits without saying anything. Enter myself healing. *Sigh*

I found the bad shaman

At one point during the run he switched from the tankard o terror and titansteel shiedwallto using a staff to dps with.

At the end he needed on the orb and this staff.

Frankly after looking at him im not even mad, I'm just impressed.

Oh wow....I don't even....Strength gems? Spell trinket? Water Mastery Glyph? I know I have not been anything other then resto in 2-3 patches but is Elemental Focus good for Enhancement? This guy has trumped every shaman I've ever had to help out.

All the guy said was what does my spec say.

"You're bad, really really bad." That would be my response.

Oh wow....I don't even....Strength gems? Spell trinket? Water Mastery Glyph? I know I have not been anything other then resto in 2-3 patches but is Elemental Focus good for Enhancement? This guy has trumped every shaman I've ever had to help out.

"You're bad, really really bad." That would be my response.

I take elemental focus these days. With Fire Nova in our rotation mana becomes and issue.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Quel%27dorei&cn=Baelor&gn=Fire+and+Blood

In 5 mans especially I am always oom. Trash dies to fast to use SR effectively and dropping magma totem and Fire Nova drains mana fast.

in a 25 with replenishment on boss fights I guess I could eek out a bit more dps by dropping shamanistic focus and elemental focus and going 3/3 improved shields, but I just like not ooming all the time, and being able to save SR for incoming AoE is nice.

Yeah. I don't use it and just accept that I'm not going to be able to go balls-to-the-wall in most fights in 5mans unless I want to be oom. It's a totally viable talent, however.

That shammy's spec and gear make me sad.

Anyway, help would be appreciated on Lady Deathwhisper 25. We have been in there for two weeks on the trot on Sunday for a couple of hours, and one time made it through her mana pool and into the final phase. Other times it was a fustercluck of epic proportions.

We have tanks on the left and right to collect the adds, which are then tanked on the left and right. If we have a 4th tank-y or semi-tank, they were in the back to pick up the add coming down the stairs. We have tried hunter trapping one of the adds on each side to make it easier to deal with the other two first, but this may have just prolonged the amount of time that we were working adds instead of working Lady DW.

Had a couple of DPS on the Lady all the time, usually our best melee DPS and our lock, to get some DoTs working on her mana pool. Other DPS were assigned to each side, with a mix of ranged and melee on each side. When an Animated or Deformed appeared, the tank on that side marked it, called it and DPS supposed to focus on it.

Any strats that work for others? I read of pulling all the adds to the Lady for some incidental AoE of her as we deal with adds, has anyone tried that?

Methinks we need to somehow strip down to a bare minimum the number of DPSers on the adds and get them on LDW.

That's how we do it, Aratan. It's somewhat messy at times but in general it works.

I've heard a strat where everyone sits behind Lady Deathwhisper and lets the adds all come to them, and then they just go and kill them one after the other. This allows for a lot of DPS and AoE DPS, allows for fast targeting, and allows everyone to DPS Lady Deathwhisper at the same time when not waiting on adds (including the melee). It means the tanks can just deal with fanatics while everyone else goes balls out on adherents. You have to move more for D&D, but it's not as bad. The hardest thing is letting them get in range.

hey everybody, thought you might enjoy this. I posted this parody wow rap video that I worked on in another thread, but the wow.com piece about it just went up earlier so heres a link. check it out!

Get Lich or Die Tryin

Are you the Lich King? Tell me you're the Lich King!

I thought that video was pretty well done. I don't like a lot of WOW videos (especially not rap ones) but I thought there was some pretty clever parody and amusing rhyming going on there. What is up with the "SPLSA" thing, though? I mean, I get it's the wing bosses, but I don't see why that needs to be on a shirt.

Are you the Lich King? Tell me you're the Lich King!

I thought that video was pretty well done. I don't like a lot of WOW videos (especially not rap ones) but I thought there was some pretty clever parody and amusing rhyming going on there. What is up with the "SPLSA" thing, though? I mean, I get it's the wing bosses, but I don't see why that needs to be on a shirt.

nah I am not the lich king. I just did production work for the most part, but I am in the big group as an extra in a few shots. I'm glad you enjoyed it, it was a great time to do/such an intensely geeky experience

and yea the shirt with the bosses is just like a play on those ampersand shirts you can get with different names on them - like this

I also ran HoL with the worst shaman ever. His gear was so messed up I felt insulted. As bad as he was he still pulled almost 1k dps losing to the warlock who pulled 1.2k. Both were well behind the tank.

Today I tanked AN on protadin (was level 74 at the time, hit 75 today!). For reasons unclear to me an 80 DK came with us via LFG. He then did roughly half the DPS of the 74 shaman.

Checked him out. Specced for Frost DPS? Check. No rune on weapon? Check.

So looks like the ending cinematic has been posted on mmo champ, and then ten million fanboys have started enough threads to pretty much crash their forums.

*sigh*

Just watched it. It's pretty fucking stupid but exactly in line with what you expected/feared.

Basically it's like they hired some new guy who's half chimp to write the story for ICC and told him to completely contradict all the previous lore, including the previous stuff from the expansion itself.

Hey now. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Frost DPS in general. There's almost no reason to spec it, because Unholy is the -best- DPS spec in pretty much every situation right now, but neither Blood nor Frost is bad, and they still receive some use by groups that gain more value from their buffs than they would from Unholy (presumably because they already have an Unholy and lack an enhancement shaman) and from the spec die-hards who just enjoy the playstyle and don't do quite as well when shifted to a playstyle that isn't quite so engaging to them.

I see a whole lot more epic fails in blood and unholy (well, granted, a whole lot more everything in blood and unholy). One guy was 40/0/18, which at first glance sounds like someone who went for the mount speed talent for fast questing then went up blood - but the mount speed talent only takes 17 in unholy, so he's skipping Heart Strike (huge) in favor of, like, Death Grip cooldown or something. And of course there's the 0/0/all guys who use spell power gear. I've seen like five at least.

The biggest annoyance I've been having with pug DKs lately is that every single one seems to, despite being entirely unspectacular otherwise, use death grip on cooldown on mobs that they are already in melee range with. It's like grouping with aggressive ret pallies, only without the part where the taunt hits like a truck (or like anything at all).

Hey now. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Frost DPS in general. There's almost no reason to spec it, because Unholy is the -best- DPS spec in pretty much every situation right now, but neither Blood nor Frost is bad, and they still receive some use by groups that gain more value from their buffs than they would from Unholy (presumably because they already have an Unholy and lack an enhancement shaman) and from the spec die-hards who just enjoy the playstyle and don't do quite as well when shifted to a playstyle that isn't quite so engaging to them.

Yeah, I'm frost DPS! I'll pull anywhere between 4 and 6k DPS on a heroic, so I'll more than hold my own. My guild currently lacks an enhancement shaman, so my spec bring utility to the raids. I'm also pretty die-hard on the spec. My DK is called Winterfell, and she's always been specced frost. Even while leveling up I didn't go blood. It may not be the best spec, but I've got tons of practice with it, and that really amounts to something.

My guild has been pretty annoying with our raids lately. We get tons of people who want to raid on Wednesdays to clear the first 4 bosses + Rotface on 25, but then no one wants to come to the wipefest that ensues. Then on days when we get subpar assistance on ICC, and I want to go do some other content (ToC, ToGC which we haven't done anything of, Yogg-Saron, whatever), the guild just splits up to do 10 man ICC. Bah.

Hm. Was almost sure I'd read Frost DPS lags the other two, but it looks like that's just for leveling.

EDIT: He sucks anyway

Didn't get anything but randoms done, since I got in late after some errands.

Oculus was a disaster, unfortunately. The tank, with 47k hp from just Kings, got lost on the way from Urom to Eregos. How do you get lost? You just go UP.

I think I'll delay converting the Agi ring in my pally's bag to the Str ring until I hit revered. Or at least get the belt & chest so I'm ready to equip the ring at all.

Notu, my restro druid is now level 80! What add-on does other healers use? I've been using Healbot and do pretty good with it. Some members of my guild love it, other's hate it. i'm trying to get more advise before I switch to Pitbull or Grid and have to relearn a new UI.

I use healbot.

The other choices are Grid plus a click to cast add on plus raid debuff watch,

or Vuhdo

I don't generally heal much, but I've gotten roped into doing it for a couple of 10 mans, and I ended up healing the daily most days for a faster queue.

My DK is Blood dps. I suppose I could try holy, but until a couple of weeks ago, I really only had been using him to do the JC daily, mining, and farming WG quests for honor to buy gems. I've got a Frant tank spec on him, but I've used it like twice in VoA

Notu, my restro druid is now level 80! What add-on does other healers use? I've been using Healbot and do pretty good with it. Some members of my guild love it, other's hate it. i'm trying to get more advise before I switch to Pitbull or Grid and have to relearn a new UI.

I am converted to VuhDo. They all do the same thing at the end of the day, but the custmization of VuhDo seems a lot easier that Healbot.

Archived