Exercise and Fitness (the 48kg remix)

Vestrit

not to mention that the bars keep scratching my wedding rings. I just bought a cheap pair at Walmart... they had a "medium" size, but no small.

Why would you wear rings to the gym? That's just silly.

Chats I was joking(kind of). If you can't find amy in local sports stores look online. Ebay will have loads I'd imagine.

Why would you wear rings to the gym? That's just silly.

uh, not that its any of your business, but wearing a wedding ring is not at all silly thank you very much. and if I take it off I'll lose it so it stays on. Its not like I wear any other rings, jewelry, makeup and any of the other crap that I see people wearing at the gym.

uh, not that its any of your business, but wearing a wedding ring is not at all silly thank you very much. and if I take it off I'll lose it so it stays on. Its not like I wear any other rings, jewelry, makeup and any of the other crap that I see people wearing at the gym.

I'm figuring LLL was more commenting on wearing it while working out, not wearing it in general.

I don't use gloves anymore because I was finding I didn't have as strong or solid a grip - the material more got in the way than helped. Using gloves that are too large for you may do that even more, potentially being more dangerous.

My hands are ridiculously calloused.

No gloves allowed for kettlebell and trapeze...

I find that pure shea butter is a good therapy to keep the skin soft and flexible despite the abuse. I apply it twice a day. Lots of trapeze students seem to have trouble with tear out, blisters and callouses. So far, I haven't had this problem.

Wearing any type of rings while lifting weights is not a good idea.

Greywolf wearing gloves does inhibit grip strength so ditching em was good.

I file, trim and moisturise my hands to prevent callous tears.

not to mention that the bars keep scratching my wedding rings. I just bought a cheap pair at Walmart... they had a "medium" size, but no small.

My wedding ring used to get all scratched up too until my wife bought me one made out of tungsten carbide. Not everyone's cup of tea but I wear it all the time (including lifting weights) with no problems.

Well, at physio this morning I got told that I’m almost there in terms of rehab

I took almost a full part in training on Saturday morning. My gf was sitting the session out and just watching and afterwards she said that if she hadn’t known about my knee, she wouldn’t have been able to tell. I felt light and quick on my feet and was changing direction quickly and adjusting well and felt balanced in my running. Had a bit of pain over the weekend and I’m finding that I’m unusually tired after training, but generally pretty good

Had a touch of pain when I got to physio this morning but it actually went away after a couple of up and back runs in the sports hall there. Didn’t feel any pain when doing the plyometric and sprint work they’ve got me doing, just a touch of my leg collapsing slightly or not recovering completely properly when sprinting

My weights are going up. I’m squatting and deadlifting the heaviest I’ve ever done, and my power lifts are getting better. OK, I’m not in LessThanLuke territory, but I’m deadlifting 1.5 x my bodyweight for sets of five reps, and squatting 1.25x my bodyweight for sets of 5 as well. That gives me a one rep max deadlift of 1.7 x my bodyweight, and a one rep max squat of 1.4 x bodyweight. I’m aiming to get to 2 x BW for deadlift and 1.7 x BW for squat over the next few months. I know my numbers aren’t strong in elite terms, but pretty good for a bloke who only starting walking again six months ago!

You do not want to wear rings for any reason while working out. I can't stress this enough. It's very, very dangerous. Maybe I should taker a picture of my ring finger to show you. The flesh came off like a condom and I needed a plastic surgeon to reattach it. That was from wearing a ring doing something I should not have been doing with a ring on.

Don't wear the ring. No trinket is worth the pain; I'm certain your spouse would agree. And the surgery is a lot more expensive than the ring, even if you're kicking a big damn rock.

You do not want to wear rings for any reason while working out. I can't stress this enough. It's very, very dangerous. Maybe I should taker a picture of my ring finger to show you. The flesh came off like a condom and I needed a plastic surgeon to reattach it. That was from wearing a ring doing something I should not have been doing with a ring on.

Don't wear the ring. No trinket is worth the pain; I'm certain your spouse would agree. And the surgery is a lot more expensive than the ring, even if you're kicking a big damn rock.

Not asking for pictures (please don't attach any pictures), but what were you doing when you had the accident?

Not asking for pictures (please don't attach any pictures), but what were you doing when you had the accident?

I was working on the transmission of an AH-1W helicopter on a pitching carrier at sea. (But the rule still applies. Seriously. Metal+Rings=bad. This is a non-negotiable safety rule.)

I was working on the transmission of an AH-1W helicopter on a pitching carrier at sea. (But the rule still applies. Seriously. Metal+Rings=bad. This is a non-negotiable safety rule.)

Thanks for sharing your experience. I was imagining some sort of freak accident while dropping a power clean or something similar.

Archived