BWB Jersey NYC Philla

I would definitely like to attend, if something happens. I might even be able to get my girlfriend to come. Ha ha ha ha, ex-girlfriend, and she certainly wouldn't be coming.....*continues maniacal laughter* More importantly, I might get my friend, Ron, to attend. He is very interested in literature but hasn't read any GRRM yet, that I know. I would love to get him talking to fans who could whet his appetite for the great work that GRRM has done for us. I also would like to get to meet some of the other boarders, who have given me much food for thought.

Please keep me posted on this possible meeting. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Raidne

Are you all still putting together a date for this? I've got to get on the infamous Chinatown bus to NYC sometime, and I"m intrigued by this Gingerman that's full of meatheads instead of Rice University grad students.

Of course, you could also all think about heading out to Lany's in late-May early-June (see the thread)....

Are you all still putting together a date for this? I've got to get on the infamous Chinatown bus to NYC sometime, and I"m intrigued by this Gingerman that's full of meatheads instead of Rice University grad students.

Somehow I magically picked the right time to go to the Gingerman in Houston, as the only obviously Rice-related person there was my friend who was doing a post-doc at Rice at the time.

Also, I highly recommend Bolt Bus over the Chinatown bus on the DC-NYC route. And I speak from experience.

I didn't even know there was a Ginger Man in NYC and I've lived here since the mid-90's. What an exciting plan.

:stunned:

You should check it out. It's a great place when it's not crowded.

Alright, the Ginger Man sounds like the place, as long as no one has any objections.

Lany,

Make it May if you can!

I'm in for the meetup! If Gingerman doesn't work there's a pub in the East Village called 11 Street Pub (11 St. bet Ave A and B, close to the L train on 14th St. and 1st Ave.) that has a back room and isnt so crazy busy that we'd have to yell to get heard.

• 3 weeks later...

As of right now, we'll only be able to make a meet-up on May 22nd. The following weekend is Maryland Deathfest, and as much as I love you miserable fuckers, I love Melechesh more.

(but don't be making plans just on us -- for all I know, we could end up in Chicago the weekend of May 22nd. I won't know about that until next week or so.)

Guest Raidne

Still waiting for Lany to set a date in her thread before I can commit to anything here. I'll send her a PM and see if we can't move things along.

ETA: I'm good to go for May 22nd, in terms of scheduling. Have to do a little financial investigation and will be able to confirm for sure by mid-April.

Advance notice? Good question. Last time we ended up taking over the back section of the bar, though I don't remember if that was actually by reservation or just by the sheer power of awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Raidne

So, check this out: for 50,000 Hilton Points, you can stay at the Hampton on West 39th, the Hilton on 42nd St, or...the Waldorf Astoria.

Score?

Is there major construction going on or something? Or is my life really just that charmed?

Sweet deal if there's no catch, Raidne it's gotta be a charmed life.

Who all else is going to be comming out to this? It's a month out, is it time to start sending creepy PMs? How do you get the word out to folks who don't stop by this part of the board?

Who all else is going to be comming out to this? It's a month out, is it time to start sending creepy PMs? How do you get the word out to folks who don't stop by this part of the board?

We should be there. Honestly, most people who don't check the BwB forums now and then likely won't show up at a meet. Keeping the thread active is a good idea, as people who happen to look into the forum once in a while and see NYC in the title will check it out.

In my experience, a lot of people coming to a local meet like this won't actually post that they are coming until a week or so from the meetup.

Archived