Game 71.5

DJDonegal

Ha ha. You know when I said I'd call in sick to work today because I'm so hardcore about Mafia?

Funny thing. :stillsick:

(OT/TMI: For some reason, I've had this bad gagging cough where I feel like on the verge of throwing up--or, um, actually do--all week. I had it for a month after a cold in December, but now it's come back worse than before. Any doctors know what that might be?)

I'm starting to think I should "consent" to be lynched tomorrow. When the game doesn't end, it will give people more information. I'm really pissed off that we're forced to waste a lynch like this, because there are way too many suspects out there. (And goddamn you, Pebs, you've ruined my perfect never-been-lynched-as-an-innocent record. :tantrum: You could have won without these shenanigans.) But you guys aren't going to let me survive an endgame situation by this point. Apparently, no one can see into my pure heart. :crying:

When the game doesn't end afterward, reread the game and think if my behaviour fits if Spidey is innocent and I'm evil. I think 3 FM makes no sense in a twelve-player game.

Mentat, I won't withhold my heal purely out of spite. But I think I'd be better off trying to steer the kill away from players I trust and toward those I don't. Remember, if we're at an even number of players and the FM miss a kill, then we get an extra lynch. If I can scare them into killing me or a suspect (particularly one who almost certainly won't be lynched), so much the better.

I don't think I'm so much of a threat that the FM want to get rid of me at any cost. My point was that I think Malc's plan is 1) to waste one of the innocents' three remaining lynches (which is more efficient than nightkilling me), and 2) to use the healer threat to explain his own survival.

But...yeah. You have a good point that unless people were skittish over his continued survival, Evil Malc was unlikely to be one of the next three lynch options. This is kind of needlessly convoluted.

----

I'll spend the rest of the day looking for Pebble partnerships and me-partnerships--and hopefully prove that no living players fit as my partners. At the very least, after I'm lynched, you'll know to look for connections to Pebble.

I'd argue that if you look at our behaviour on Days Two and Three, Pebble comes across as much more opportunistic in her votes. And I just realized that the nightkills fit Pebble--remember, Piper and Gertrude suspected her (and more than me, IIRC). But at this point, there's no sense trying to prove that Pebble is guilty, since we're both going to be lynched.

I think the game is pretty much lost for the innocents, anyway. :( Now I'm starting to think I just fucked up and handed the FM a CI on a silver platter. It would help if LCOTNW and Sir Thursday had just voted for Pebble once, or weren't playing such safe, middle-of-the-road games. Or if Kat hadn't decided to vote Lany over Pebble, even though she claimed to suspect Pebble more. I'll admit that it would have made more sense for Evil!Malc to vig Gertrude rather than make her a CI and narrow the Spidey partner pool. Regardless of whom the innocents turn out to be, I think we can all agree that most of them (myself definitely included) have played terribly.

Ok... The time is shrinking extremely fast, if excluding my bed hours and counting grand possibility that my network will be down during my morning hours (it happened twice in last three days).

So, I won't wait for sir Thursday, let him stay a mistery.

I totally agree with LC that we should start with lynching a claimant who is more likely to have a living partner.

So, Pebble.

It is day 4.

8 players remain: Kat, LCOTNW, Lany Cassandra, Mentat, Mina Martell, Pebble That Hides, Sir Thursday, TheMalcolm.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or 4 to go to night.

3 votes for Pebble That Hides (Mina Martell, LCOTNW, TheMalcolm)

1 vote for Mina Martell (Pebble That Hides)

4 players have not voted: Kat, Lany Cassandra, Mentat, Sir Thursday.

To answer your question from last night, Mina: No, I pretty much won't consider before lynching Mal. In my mind, he's CI, and others are more likely to be Pebble's partner assuming she has one.

I mean, maybe I'm just giving myself too much credit here, but if Pebble was evil, and Mal was her partner, if we had followed my 3-day lynching plan which I stupidly announced during the night (Sir Thursday, Pebble, and LC), her team would win, right? Even if your healer claim remained intact. There would be no reason for her to come out and counterclaim you; she would die and her partner would remain hidden and they could safely kill whoever got CIed by your heal before people started wondering why Mal wasn't dead. So I'm thinking her partner has to be one of Sir Thursday and LC, although I haven't re-read at all to see which of those is the more realistic option. Of course, she could also be telling the truth about being healer, in which case lynching both is still a good option, right?

Mentat (now that I'm no longer paranoid about you :blush:), if I thought that Spider was 100% evil I'd be having a much easier time, you know? But clearly I haven't been willing to stand by that suspicion or else I wouldn't be coming up with so many plans to hedge my bets, rather than win really fast.

Right, finally here.

This new reveal certainly puts a different complexion on things! We know* exactly one of Mina and Pebbles is scum, so the question is whether or not we can afford a 50% success rate on the next two lynches. If there are still 3 killers remaining, the 'lynch both of them' plan fails. Is that a possibility? If it was, then yesterday was D-Day, but we didn't see a push from the scum to get over the line, so I feel reasonably safe in saying that it wasn't. As such, I feel we have the time to lynch both.

*(It has crossed my mind that there could be two healers in the game...but that seems a little too ridiculous from a balancing standpoint, not to mention EVIL.)

It occurs to me that, were Mina scum, she would have been trying to hit the actual healer last night, instead of going after the used up vig. The counterclaim would be something she'd be desperately keen to avoid, a far more pressing concern than Malc the CI at that point. If there hadn't been a counterclaim today she could have picked him off later at her leisure. I just can't reconcile the blocked NK with Mina being scum, so leaves a clear choice:

Vote Pebble that Hides

Hi guys, Blue here. I got a strange text from Pebble this morning, and while it was in normal Pebblese (aka hard to understand), she wanted me to let you know that she fried her router and currently has no Internet. I only read back a page, so I hope I'm not repeating old news, but I wanted to pass it along. If I hear anything else from her, I'll pop in and let you know.

Sorry for the interruption!

Hi guys, Blue here. I got a strange text from Pebble this morning, and while it was in normal Pebblese (aka hard to understand), she wanted me to let you know that she fried her router and currently has no Internet. I only read back a page, so I hope I'm not repeating old news, but I wanted to pass it along. If I hear anything else from her, I'll pop in and let you know.

Sorry for the interruption!

Hmm, that's a shame. Would have been good to get a little defence from Pebbles today, even if I'm fairly sure that she's the guilty one of the two.

I guess Pebble is lynched. I was just about to come vote for her, but really, assuming the game doesn't end, we have to lynch Mina tomorrow anyway. (Reminder to self to actually do this and not get swayed by her pleas.)

I guess Pebble is lynched. I was just about to come vote for her, but really, assuming the game doesn't end, we have to lynch Mina tomorrow anyway. (Reminder to self to actually do this and not get swayed by her pleas.)

Hmm, I'm starting to think that might not be the best move (see my post above). What do you think of my reasoning?

Hmm, I'm starting to think that might not be the best move (see my post above). What do you think of my reasoning?

I disagree? I mean, it sort of makes sense, but remember that Mina as a lone evil would have to lynch 3 people who weren't her to win. And at the end of yesterday, no one except for her suspected Mal at all. If she's evil, he's definitely not on her team, so he makes sense as someone to kill at night if he can't be lynched because no one was willing to do it. If she started hunting for a healer, that would leave fewer lynchable people around.

Oops, I fell asleep. Too bad. I really wanted to pressure TheMalcolm while he was around on the thread.

Sir Thursday, I don't know if I'd have risked taking a shot in the dark at the potential healer pool. (I probably would have just taken the loss in stride if I'd been counterclaimed.) But I will say that trying to kill TheMalcolm is kind of silly after I just claimed healer. Everyone and their dog would come after me the next day when he'd died. And of course, if there was a real healer out there, he was a lock for the heal. I probably would have killed Lany to be on the safe side. The next day, I could just claim to be out of heals and kill Malc. It would explain my survival.

Kat, I'll admit it occurred to me that TheMalcolm was an unlikely lynch during the next three days. But I have three questions for you:

1) Do you think that 2 FM vs. 1 finder, 1 vig, 1 two-shot healer, and 9 RIs is balanced? (And no matter which one of us is lying, you know there's at least one healer out there.)

2) If Malcolm had survived to the final three, would you have suspected him?

3) Based purely on his behaviour, do you find Malc suspicious?

4) All of Day Three, you've been saying that you suspect Pebble more than Lany (e.g., here). Why did you vote for Lany over Pebble here, when the vote count was even?

I'll wait until night ends to do a formal partnership analysis. Either way, I have decided not to use my heal on TheMalcolm or myself tonight. I will not say who I healed.

It is day 4.

8 players remain: Kat, LCOTNW, Lany Cassandra, Mentat, Mina Martell, Pebble That Hides, Sir Thursday, TheMalcolm.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or 4 to go to night.

5 votes for Pebble That Hides (Mina Martell, LCOTNW, TheMalcolm, Sir Thursday, Lany Cassandra)

1 vote for Mina Martell (Pebble That Hides)

2 players have not voted: Kat, Mentat.

-------------------------------

You love to watch your two healer ladies getting into a catfight (finderclaims are so old-fashioned). After a long debate Pebbles and Mina still can't agree on anything. The male members of your party suggest that they should dress in some nurse dresses. Gosh, those two are willing to do ANYTHING to get the other one lynched!

"Well, I think Mina looks a bit more like a doctor", LCOTNW comments.

Mentat agrees by kicking Spidey's dead body.

"Wait, she's no healer, that Martell lady!" Pebbles shouts in frustration.

Suddenly she takes a bottle of black-annealed Russian vodka that Malcolm uses to keep up his arrogance and screams:

"If you're a healer, HEAL THIS!!!!!!"

She drinks the full bottle chug-a-lug. Mina seems confused and claims that they didn't learn how to handle victims of alcohol abuse in her hospital.

Pebbles looks as if she wants to say something, but all she brings out is:

"Haaaa-fffffffffffff-aaaaaaaaaaa-oooooooooooooooooh...."

"Not even an iPad could cure her now", diagnoses Mina. "Sad, because I really wanted to torn her into pieces."

After some hours you finally loose your interest in watching Zombie-Pebbles stumbling over Spidey's head again and again.

"This is mine", mentat snarls and gives her a little push. With an ugly crack you see Pebbles falling against the wall, head first.

Pebble That Hides is lynched

It is night. Please PM us your actions.

Oops, I fell asleep. Too bad. I really wanted to pressure TheMalcolm while he was around on the thread.

Sir Thursday, I don't know if I'd have risked taking a shot in the dark at the potential healer pool. (I probably would have just taken the loss in stride if I'd been counterclaimed.) But I will say that trying to kill TheMalcolm is kind of silly after I just claimed healer. Everyone and their dog would come after me the next day when he'd died. And of course, if there was a real healer out there, he was a lock for the heal. I probably would have killed Lany to be on the safe side. The next day, I could just claim to be out of heals and kill Malc. It would explain my survival.

Kat, I'll admit it occurred to me that TheMalcolm was an unlikely lynch during the next three days. But I have three questions for you:

1) Do you think that 2 FM vs. 1 finder, 1 vig, 1 two-shot healer, and 9 RIs is balanced? (And no matter which one of us is lying, you know there's at least one healer out there.)

2) If Malcolm had survived to the final three, would you have suspected him?

3) Based purely on his behaviour, do you find Malc suspicious?

4) All of Day Three, you've been saying that you suspect Pebble more than Lany (e.g., here). Why did you vote for Lany over Pebble here, when the vote count was even?

I'll wait until night ends to do a formal partnership analysis. Either way, I have decided not to use my heal on TheMalcolm or myself tonight. I will not say who I healed.

Maybe I was wrong and there are 3 killers. I don't think that setup would be terribly unbalanced, no, although my initial response to Mal's claim was, no healer at all, tbh. And yes Id suspect him at the end, but I always get paranoid there.

Why I voted Lany over Pebble yesterday is complicated. Ill try to explain later when I'm not on my phone

I disagree? I mean, it sort of makes sense, but remember that Mina as a lone evil would have to lynch 3 people who weren't her to win. And at the end of yesterday, no one except for her suspected Mal at all. If she's evil, he's definitely not on her team, so he makes sense as someone to kill at night if he can't be lynched because no one was willing to do it. If she started hunting for a healer, that would leave fewer lynchable people around.

Seems like it would be a priority to be around to make those NKs though. No matter who was NKed, there would still have been plenty of lynchable people around - it's not like killing Malc couldn't have waited.

There's also the possibiliity that the kill was withheld to make Mina look better, not realising that Pebs would be revealing on the morrow, I suppose.

Anyhow, I want to take a good hard look at Mentat before I make any decisions today - I don't like how he's had zero pressure at all so far.

Archived