Filming Starting in June?

maxlongstreet

I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere (if I'm repeating old news, I apologize), but I read an interview of Jason Momoa in The Des Moines Register today which said:

"Last fall, Momoa was cast as the brutal warrior Khal Drogo in “Game of Thrones,” a pilot and potential HBO fantasy drama. He will start filming more of the TV series in Ireland and Morocco at the end of June."

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/index.php/2010/02/19/interview-with-norwalk-conan-star-jason-momoa/

I doubt the Des Moines register has a scoop on the series being picked up or anything; it's probably just an assumption, but it does seem plausible that Momoa could have said that if the series is picked up, filming will start in June. Makes sense, since as I recall it's in line with other reports of when filming of the series would start if it's picked up.

I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere (if I'm repeating old news, I apologize), but I read an interview of Jason Momoa in The Des Moines Register today which said:

"Last fall, Momoa was cast as the brutal warrior Khal Drogo in "Game of Thrones," a pilot and potential HBO fantasy drama. He will start filming more of the TV series in Ireland and Morocco at the end of June."

http://blogs.desmoin...ar-jason-momoa/

I doubt the Des Moines register has a scoop on the series being picked up or anything; it's probably just an assumption, but it does seem plausible that Momoa could have said that if the series is picked up, filming will start in June. Makes sense, since as I recall it's in line with other reports of when filming of the series would start if it's picked up.

I agree that it's unlikely that the Des Moines Register has insider sources at HBO, so it's more likely that they made an assumption or forgot to include the caveat, "If it's picked up," or, more likely, Jason Momoa simply said he'll be back filming in June. This is either because he knows it's coming back and it hasn't been officially revealed yet or, much more likely, he's simply being bullish and optimistic about it. I'd go with the latter.

Nevertheless, an actor involved in the production being that positive about the series is a very good sign.

The sentence immediately preceding notes it's a "potential fantasy drama", so the interviewer is aware that it's not a done deal. Somewhere along the way, they forgot to put in the qualifier, or figured that in context it was plain enough.

I had no idea he was an Iowa boy. Nice. I'm going to guess he's a Cyclone fan too, so extra nice ;)

Born in Hawaii, raised in Norwalk, Iowa. Can't say much about if he's a Cyclone fan or not, but he went to Hawaii for college. I'm also guessing that's where he learned to talk like a surfer.

Born in Hawaii, raised in Norwalk, Iowa. Can't say much about if he's a Cyclone fan or not, but he went to Hawaii for college. I'm also guessing that's where he learned to talk like a surfer.
Birthplace of winter vomiting virus? That would be a far better claim to fame. :thumbsup:

Birthplace of winter vomiting virus? That would be a far better claim to fame. :thumbsup:

Nope, that would be Norwalk, Ohio. Not Iowa. It's ok, tons of other people get confused about that as well, especially when we don't even have the decency to have original city names around here.

ETA: Holy crap, I just found out Ben Foster was raised in Iowa too. Lately it seems some pretty decent actors have been coming from here.

Archived