Aussie XLIX

Warg Arry

Owww got the flu. Sound like Darth Vader and that's after the meds. lol

Can barely move for the aches. Shivering even though my joints, spine and skin feel like their on fire. My head is pounding to the beat of my heart.

I can't talk or eat for the pain it causes.

Whatever right..welcome to winter. *groan* (I actually prefer the colder weather, just hate the viral side effect)

But I feel particularly down trodden about this since Husband had to be away.

And my sons are sick as well. SO naturally their care takes precedence.

I love my boys and would do almost anything for them. But in moments like these I miss being able to crawl into bed. With a bottle of water, a boxes of tissues and panadol, a jar of Vicks and something to numb the throat. on the bedside table. and sleep it off. Oh and a good book for the fleeting conscious moments.

Not anymore. I just hope that for my efforts to care for them first and foremost at least gets me put in a plush retirement home with the good drugs, a comfy bed, a t.v in my own room and the non kerosene baths. When it's time for them to take care of me ;)

Hope you all manage to dodge the flu this season. It started with a slightly hot and scratchy throat and eyes. Then BAM, It hits with full force. Goodluck.

I should have gotten the flu shot dammit!

You should have gone to Laigon street in Melbourne and said that. All the proud to be a dago descendants were there with Italy colours.

Heh. Actually, I probably would have fit right in being a "dago descendant" myself. But certain events that transpired during the '06 World Cup preclude me from having the Azzurri as my second team ;).

ETA: hope you get well soon Saurian.

I guess with the kids there you have no opportunity to apply Bourbon therapy either. :(

Look after yourself and get well soon, S.

Aww thanks. Bourbon therapy would be great. Ah if only.

I'd also settle for my grandmothers home made chicken soup. That stuff has magical powers.

Just finished trying to get steam into my 11 month old to loosen his chest. (by putting eucalyptus oil in a bucket in the shower and running the shower on hot til the room fills with steam.) So his breathing has cleared up a bit.

Took his temp and it's 38.7 an hour after I gave him panadol. Called the paed emergency and they said not to freak out til it hits 40. Then bring him in. I don't know he is pretty darn miserable. But I'm still able to get fluids in to him. Just got my fingers crossed there will be no hospital runs.

Steam is teh awesome. I remember sitting up at the table with a towel over my head, a big glass bowl full of hot water and eucalyptus and a box of tissues. Used to really open up the chest.

I hope you and the boys are feeling better soon!

I've been at home feeling sorry for myself with a headcold but the flu is horrid enough to go through when you don't have anyone else to look after, let alone with sick kids to deal with :(

In other news Wilson Tuckey really needs to STFU, quoted today suggesting the dead mining execs were only in Africa because of the mining tax :rolleyes:

In other news Wilson Tuckey really needs to STFU, quoted today suggesting the dead mining execs were only in Africa because of the mining tax :rolleyes:

Tuckey is a fucknut. This Sundance project has been in the works for years.

And you should get some Bourbon therapy into you as well, brook.

Bourban is never a good idea for me.

I did consider some vodka therapy last night but decided hangovers and small children aren't a good mix.

It's my own fault, I convinced the husband type to take a sicky last week so he could mow the lawns before the bank dude got here (because an entire long weekend wasn't long enough to do it). If I hadn't done that he could have stayed home today.

Its ok though, the boys are being kind.

*edited because I'm really not illiterate*

I'm always reminded of The Castle guy whenever I hear that. Suffer...in...your jocks?

You should have gone to Laigon street in Melbourne and said that. All the proud to be a dago descendants were there with Italy colours.

Mate word was that only France falls down more often than the italians. France what can we say the whole team falls down before reaching the game!

ohh and hope it has not been changed but when I lived in melbourne it was called Lygon St

:P

Mate word was that only France falls down more often than the italians. France what can we say the whole team falls down before reaching the game!

ohh and hope it has not been changed but when I lived in melbourne it was called Lygon St

:P

Sorry Lyyyyygone. Actually not sure if it was there now or if it was in Sydney, just assume that's the heartland of all the dagos sorry that's offensive I'll call you dings then :P Don't worry guys I've got the mafia in my family too.

Guys get some hot homemade honey lemon and ginger drink.

ohh well if you want ethnic breakdowns for melbourne, well it is the city with the third highest greek population in the world.

It has sizable other ethnic populations also and some great vietnamese eating at very nice prices ( cheap).

I may prefer Adelaide but that is my personal preference and readily admit that to others Melbourne is a better city.

Doesn't make them right but hey each to their own :)

Wait, what's going on?

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd will face a leadership challenge from his deputy Julia Gillard at 9am on Thursday morning after losing the support of key factional leaders within the Australian Labor Party.

In a press conference held late on Wednesday night, Rudd told reporters that he had agreed to Gillard’s request for a leadership ballot in order to have uncertainty around the ALP leadership resolved as quickly as possible.

Analysts suggest that Rudd will not win the leadership vote, which would see Gillard to become the first female prime minister in Australian history.

Basically, Rudd is stuffed.

It's on.

Anyone know what Gillard's stance on internet censorship is? I'm worried that the Right of the Labor party manipulated Julia in to challenging Rudd, and then they're going to back who they really want as Prime Minister.

Archived