World of Warcraft

Arataniello

2/4 of my chars are stuck in "instances", getting "No instance servers are available" message upon login attempts and getting kicked to the character screen.

One is in pumpkin-land, other is in Zul'Farrak of all places ...

As far as I see it, this is the same as the good old "Additional instances cannot be launched" message you got upon manual entering, only now the dungeon finder already has you in the twisting nether and once it sees it cannot launch an instance for you it just leaves you there.

Try it now. I froze entering SM and couldn't get back in until just now.

What battlegroup are you on, incidentally? I couldn't get into Baelgun or Maelstrom (both Shadowburn) but was able to get into Whisperwind (Rampage) without issue.

I have lucked out so far, not personally disconnecting while clicking on objects, but it seems to happen to every group that goes in to do the HH. I wish buffoons would realize that it is best to have a DPS click on the summoning head, rather than the tank or the healer. Mind you, the boss is such a flopsie that most groups should be able to burn through him without the need for either a tank or a healer.

What I have noticed this year is an annoying number of DPS who seem to zone in for the HH and then stand around doing cock all during the fight. Unfortunately the fight isn't long enough to make it worth kicking them from the group.

Is there a repair tool that comes with the game? Or is this just general repair like defrag your drive and clean up your directory, etc?

As far as re-installing, I have no idea what Ini just said. If I were to do it, I'd start with basic discs and then I would have to re-download all the patches all over.

Crap, I don't even remember where I put the actual discs. Can I download everything from Blizz's site once I show that I have active subscription?

Bah.

But yes, I am thinking that re-installing is my only hope. Since, as stated, other people are not experiencing nearly as much crashes and problems, so it seems that it's specific to me. I'm guessing that the sme crashes that everyone experience has caused some corruption on game data on my drive and that makes the crashing worse.

You should see a "Repair" in your WOW directory. I have not ever encountered a problem it actually solved, because by the time I needed to try it, my problem had more to do with failing hardware than anything. But you might run it and get lucky. Just look for the wrench icon.

EDIT: As far as if you need to re-download, yes, you can download the WOW stuff from your battle.net account at any time. That is one perk of the whole battle.net system. Once you have games linked on there, you can download them anywhere. No more having to buy the game again if you lost the discs. There are at least some player-friendly things about the new world order.

WoW repair tool is actually quite useful, compared to other repair tools i've encountered. What it does is scan your files and downloads and replaces and corrupted data. If you suspect where the problem is, you can manually delete these files and the tool will replace just them.

Not having too many bugs with new patch and all teh shiz - like some of it, dont like other stuff.

On a side note, i started a thread on MMO-Champion about making your own boss fight, and i have in total made 4 of them. im rather proud of all but the first, and i tihnk they are rather nice. If you wanna take a look, would ppreciate a contribution on this thread.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/722514-Make-a-Boss-Fight

Am loving the 40k crits on Shield of the Righteous, and new glyph system makes changing Glyph of Focused Shield so much easier <3 gotta love it. I miss the glyph of salvation though - when i had igh enough threat lead, gave me an awesome secondary cooldown.

So compared to 2 weeks ago my dps on Saurfang is down about 3600.

http://www.stratfu.com/kamigami/comparebot/4cc03ba88ead0e3108000000#damage

:(

The biggest thing is how much my white damage has gone down.

from 4825dps to 2598dps. Thats barely half what it was.

EEK.

Did you regem to agility and such or haven't you messed with your gear?

Of course, Regemmed to agility for the most part. Left a couple of agi/haste gems in for socket bonuses. one nightmare tear. Reforged crit/haste to mastery, reenchanted stuff to agi where possible as well. I'm not going to half ass it in raid. :P

I compared myself to Kresh ( #1 US enhancer on WoL) and it looks like I'm hitting stuff in all the same ratios as he is http://www.stratfu.com/kamigami/comparebot/4cc053a78ead0e561f000000#damage

Not that I'm a great player or anything, but I usually try and stay on top of what I should be doing.

Of course, Regemmed to agility for the most part. Left a couple of agi/haste gems in for socket bonuses. one nightmare tear. Reforged crit/haste to mastery, reenchanted stuff to agi where possible as well. I'm not going to half ass it in raid. :P

I compared myself to Kresh ( #1 US enhancer on WoL) and it looks like I'm hitting stuff in all the same ratios as he is http://www.stratfu.c...1f000000#damage

Not that I'm a great player or anything, but I usually try and stay on top of what I should be doing.

Are nightmare tears still useful for shams? Rogues have evidently forsaken them for purple gems. Never saw that coming.

I only know this because someone yelled at me for having one today, to which I responded "These are still my 3.5 gems" and he said "Then you fail, because you should have been all AP gems before 4.0"

I'd like to know what he thinks happened to AP gems after 4.0 :rolleyes:.

My question is rather more general - why do you care about stats, gemming and PvE performance at lvl80? Blizz have stated it clearly - the game we're playing now is NOT balanced at lvl80, it will balance out at 85. We're lacking certain abilities, 5 talent points, a whole stat (except some dribbles from reforging) and we're fighting encounters designed for the old stats and abilities. It's normal to expect gross deviations between the classes.

I was going to do an ICC some time after the patch, but what put me off was seeing how bad everyone was performing on the trash. The tank (warr) bitched out because he was first at dps, without realizing there was no way around that, since warrior tanks have this "issue" at the moment on trash.

So in light of all this, how could you possibly care whether nightmare tear is worth the gem slot? Hell, I wouldn't care if I had green lvl70 gems in my gem slots - just wait for cata and enjoy the game then.

My question is rather more general - why do you care about stats, gemming and PvE performance at lvl80? Blizz have stated it clearly - the game we're playing now is NOT balanced at lvl80, it will balance out at 85. We're lacking certain abilities, 5 talent points, a whole stat (except some dribbles from reforging) and we're fighting encounters designed for the old stats and abilities. It's normal to expect gross deviations between the classes.

I was going to do an ICC some time after the patch, but what put me off was seeing how bad everyone was performing on the trash. The tank (warr) bitched out because he was first at dps, without realizing there was no way around that, since warrior tanks have this "issue" at the moment on trash.

So in light of all this, how could you possibly care whether nightmare tear is worth the gem slot? Hell, I wouldn't care if I had green lvl70 gems in my gem slots - just wait for cata and enjoy the game then.

Simple.

1. I still enjoy raiding. I still want my bloodbathed Frostwyrm. In order to run heroic raids with guilds I need to prove that I keep current with my class.

2. I don't give up on other games when I learn of a sequel. I don't stop reading book one when I know book two is coming out. There's still things to do and I'd rather being doing my best at them until cata comes out and I want to know how to properly gem my shams Enhancement spec.

Indeed. There's still plenty to raid for. I think if this patch has made you decide raiding is pointless, you weren't much of a raider to begin with.

Although the fact that a couple of specs are pretty broken is bullshit.

DK tanks are so so fucked right now because Blizzard didn't apply the fixes to the class they introduced before the patch.

Yeah, that's right, about a week before the patch they did a small but very important overhaul of a few things in the Blood tree that fixed some fundamental issues with DK tanking. And then the patch came out .... and those fixes weren't in the patch.

Our threat is nothing but RNG and is ass-terrible unless we are being directly attacked by a mob that swings frequently or many mobs. H Deathwhisper is a fucking joke right now since you can't build enough threat to pull off the other tank in the last phase.

So goddamn stupid.

Are nightmare tears still useful for shams? Rogues have evidently forsaken them for purple gems. Never saw that coming.

Yeah, it's actually kinda funny but several classes actually don't use Nightmare Tears anymore and actually always gem for socket bonuses. Making Hit a blue gem was a really good change imo.

Unholy DKs, for instance, gem Str, Haste/Str, Hit/Str in all appropriate gem slots and then just reforge all the extra hit into Haste. Works great. Reforging is the shit.

Archived