The Thread for the NBA

add-on

NBA rules prohibit a team from trading away their pick two years in a row, so as it stands the Knicks can't move their 2012 pick unless they have their 2011 pick back.

ST

It´s actually the 2012 pick that was traded and 2011 is just right to switch. Then again that means they can´t trade their 2013 pick either. :laugh:

FAWK! On a night the Bulls destroy the Raptors, Boozer scores 34 points, they find out Joakim Noah May miss 8-10 weeksbecause of torn ligamints in his right thumb. Damn, they were just hitting their stride, too. Boozer and Taj Gibson both are excellent rebounders but they can't make up Noah's size and energy in the paint.

They´ve known it for a while. I´d bet they were just waiting for Boozer back before getting the elective surgery.

NBA rules prohibit a team from trading away their pick two years in a row, so as it stands the Knicks can't move their 2012 pick unless they have their 2011 pick back.

Wasn't that rule actually created because Isiah Thomas kept trading away Knicks picks in bad deals? Or possibly it was the Memphis GM, or someone else. I can't remember who it was who was so terrible in trades that the rule was made to protect the team from its own management, but I remember Bill Simmons brought up it up in his book.

Wasn't that rule actually created because Isiah Thomas kept trading away Knicks picks in bad deals? Or possibly it was the Memphis GM, or someone else. I can't remember who it was who was so terrible in trades that the rule was made to protect the team from its own management, but I remember Bill Simmons brought up it up in his book.

Way before those. It´s "Stepien rule" after Ted Stepien who owned Cavs in the early 80s.

holy crap, Knicks fans, you'd better pray every day Amar'e stays healthy and D'Antoni doesn't run him into the ground by end of the season. He looked amazing in the loss to the Celtics last night.

i know....what a game that was. i think most Knicks fans expected that we'd get blown out last night...instead we almost won at the buzzer. It's been so loooong...and Amare looked like Dirk on some plays, and like Kobe on others. Insane.

Way before those. It´s "Stepien rule" after Ted Stepien who owned Cavs in the early 80s.

Ah yes, that's right. I knew it was someday truly terrible. I'm just young enough that Isiah is my goto franchise-runner-into-the-ground guy.

Shit

Rockets center Yao Ming’s comeback suffered another devastating setback with a stress fracture found Thursday morning in his left ankle.

The injury is not in the same area as the previous stress fracture, but it is a major setback.

Tests taken after his Nov. 10 sprained ankle and subsequently did not show the injury.

Yao had said in the offseason that he would consider retirement if he had been unable to stay healthy.

ST

I believe Knicks already traded their 2012 pick to Houston (together with the right to switch 2011 picks, but that part appears to be moot at this point, unless Amare has a season ending surgery very soon.)

I don't know if NY can get that 2012 pick back, there is some speculation that it was what Houston gave to NJ in the latest deal.

So I'm curious to what you guys think. I've been out on the NBA since the Sonics became the Thunder. Now there's speculation that Seattle might be a frontrunner along with KC to get the Hornets. With Microsoft Steve Ballmer being the centerpiece of a bid.

Thoughts?

Sad to hear about Yao. I love this quote by him tho...

Yao, as is his nature, was upbeat in light of a setback that throws a shadow over his future.

"I haven't died," he said. "Right now I'm drinking a beer and eating fried chicken. What were you expecting, a funeral?"

Sad to hear about Yao. I love this quote by him tho...

Yao, as is his nature, was upbeat in light of a setback that throws a shadow over his future.

"I haven't died," he said. "Right now I'm drinking a beer and eating fried chicken. What were you expecting, a funeral?"

Yao is such a good guy off the court it is indeed sad about his career. Hopefully he can pull an Ilgauskas and come back to play later (if worse) if his body can heal itself enough.

WojYahooNBA

Orlando will send PHX Carter, Gortat, Pietrus, a 1st round pick and $3 million for Richardson, Hedo and Earl Clark, source tells Y! Sports

Wow, nicely done by PHX, Orlando is all in taking on Hedo and Arenas albatross contracts.

If the Suns/Magic deal goes through it will likely reignite speculation that Steve Nash could be traded.

ChrisMannix_SI

interesting... I love NBA trade season

So what's their lineup going to be?

Nelson

Arenas

Richardson

Turkoglu

Howard

???

Or do they bring Turkoglu off the bench to start bigger?

I don't see Nelson and Gilbert working well together. I would bring Arenas off the bench so that he can do whatever he wants with the second team, though you have to sell this to Gilbert first.

Regardless of who starts, Orlando will have a horrible defensive team. They are also very thin up front. Who is the backup center now, Daniel Orton?

Props to Orlando for trying, since what they had was clearly not working, but they seem to have overreacted here. It would be very interesting to see if they can go deep in the playoffs with this team.

thank God the Suns ditched Turkoglu, that big piece of Turkish wood. Even as a losing team, they are still fun to watch except for that big piece of lumbering slowness. Here's hoping the new guys work out well, and I'm sad to see J-Rich go.

So what's their lineup going to be?

Nelson

Arenas

Richardson

Turkoglu

Howard

???

Or do they bring Turkoglu off the bench to start bigger?

I'd expect it to be

Nelson

Richardson

Turkoglu

Bass

Howard

with Arenas off the bench.

Orlando has murdered their cap for a long time.

Archived