The Thread for the NBA

add-on

Aldridge with 37 tonight. Someone's a little miffed they didn't make the All-Star game.

He played a pretty good game and took over in the fourth. However one can see why Portland will not do well and will probably not win a game if they make the playoffs. The Raptors were absolutely killing them on the offensive boards. Is Pryzbilla just back or something and that's why he gets short minutes? I can only imagine how bad it would have been if Amir Johnson had played as he is far better than Ed Davis is in rebounding at this point, and Davis was able to grab 7 offensive boards.

Landry Fields

his own jersey, funny stuff.

:lol: That was pretty funny, the Amare imitation was great. Landry was a year behind me in college, and by all accounts was a pretty good dude, so I've been pulling for him to do well with the Knicks.

He played a pretty good game and took over in the fourth. However one can see why Portland will not do well and will probably not win a game if they make the playoffs. The Raptors were absolutely killing them on the offensive boards. Is Pryzbilla just back or something and that's why he gets short minutes? I can only imagine how bad it would have been if Amir Johnson had played as he is far better than Ed Davis is in rebounding at this point, and Davis was able to grab 7 offensive boards.

Well, if the Blazers make the playoffs it will most likely be as the 8 seed, vs the Spurs, so I think we win at least 1 game :P

Pryz is a shadow of his former self, and they're forced to play Aldridge at center much of the time and be quite small. Also, Portland seems to play to the level of their competition.

Crossing my fingers that Roy will be able to contribute when he returns.

Looks like Melo is going to the Nets.

If Anthony ultimately says yes, the Record reported that the Nets will get Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Melvin Ely and Renaldo Balkman from the Nuggets.

In turn, the Nets would send Favors, Devin Harris, Troy Murphy, Ben Uzoh and four first-round picks to Denver.

Four first round picks?!!? :stunned:

My first thought was, how the hell does Carmelo think that the Nets could be competitive by ransoming their future?

But then I got to thinking about it some more. Could some teams see the draft as a thing of the past? Do teams see the assembly of the Heat and what the Knicks will try to do with Chris Paul as the new wave of the future? Why bank on a draft pick that might not pan out when you could just steal someone else's pick in a few years?

I still think that the price is too high. In 2015, I have the sneaking suspicion that Melo will be playing for New York and the Nets' number one overall pick that they have won in the lottery will go to the Nuggets.

Hey 'bout them Bulls? 38-16 at the break. Rose scores a career high 42 pts in their win last night against the Spurs. And they have only played like 9 games total with both Boozer and Noah in lineup. Noah should be back by next week.

It does? Melo hasn't wanted to sign an extension with them so far, and nothing in this report says he's changed his mind.

Dunno. On SportsCenter as I was sitting at Snappy Tomato the "Breaking News" headline made it sound like it was a done deal. :dunno:

I suppose that is a big "contingent" and could very well nix the deal. Either way, I don't see how that swap makes any sense at all for the Nets. Barishnikov (or whatever the Nets' owner is named) was right last month when he said the price was getting to steep. If anything, this is more than what was asked back then!

Looks like Melo is going to the Nets.

Four first round picks?!!? :stunned:

My first thought was, how the hell does Carmelo think that the Nets could be competitive by ransoming their future?

But then I got to thinking about it some more. Could some teams see the draft as a thing of the past? Do teams see the assembly of the Heat and what the Knicks will try to do with Chris Paul as the new wave of the future? Why bank on a draft pick that might not pan out when you could just steal someone else's pick in a few years?

I still think that the price is too high. In 2015, I have the sneaking suspicion that Melo will be playing for New York and the Nets' number one overall pick that they have won in the lottery will go to the Nuggets.

Nets own both Warriors and Lakers 2011 first round picks. Lakers pick is very low and Warriors pick is pretty well protected for next few years after which it could switch to 2 second rounders. Both are pretty useless.

I've been following this guy's tweets, he usually has the scoop before Broussard

http://twitter.com/#!/incarceratedbob

If the Knicks give up Chandler, Danillo, Fields, Curry's exp contract,a first round pick via randolph AND raymond felton for Billups like it was reported a few days ago ill be seriously pissed. I want to keep Felton and Fields. I seriously hope Dolan doesn't force Walsh's hand into giving up the entire fuckin team for Melo and Billups.

like clockwork, Yahoo tweets an hour after incarceratedbob

http://twitter.com/#!/SpearsNBAYahoo

SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears

Y! Sports has learned NYK has now offered Gallo, Felton, Chandler, Curry and a to be acquired 1st rounder to DEN for Melo, Billups & fillers

2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Broussard sure to follow.

no Fields, but Felton/Galo/Chandler is quite a bit.

Still, Billups/Amare/Melo is an impressive group.

Not sure I like the deal for the Nuggets if they want to rebuild.

As a nuggets fan im desperate for the Fields deal. We are going to suck for years, and I would rather have a bigman than what the knicks have.

You mean the Favors deal from the Nets, right? Fields is a guard for the Knicks.

You mean the Favors deal from the Nets, right? Fields is a guard for the Knicks.

Ya. Favors deal is what i meant. Guess its time for bed. Man I am horrible with names.

But mostly, i just want this "melo-drama" to be over, if nothing else so the Denver media can stop saying melodrama.

Archived