NFL Vol. 6

Spring Bass

Oh, man, brutal. Key pressure from random.Pats.Dlineman there; he forced Manning into a throw that died a little early.

Good day of football; a fair number of exciting games.

Damn was hoping to see it go to OT. Well, Patriots offense sure looks good. Can't wait to watch them play a tough NFC defense... just so happens they meet the

Packers and Bears later this season.

Tampa Bay is now 7-3? Ahhchh please no. Gotta be my least favorite NFL team of all and now they're in position to threaten a playoff spot for much cooler teams.

Uh, what?

He was down by 17 in the 4th quarter and his receiver fucks up yet again. Garcon is just not on the same page.

Ya know, Brady had the chance multiple times to completely end the Colts chances of winning the game. Yet he didn't, again and again.

When you don't come back from 17 points, that's not called choking. That's insane.

Now, not changing your sig because you're a sore loser (or in board parlay, a sorel soer) - that makes you a pretty big choke artist.

For those rational folks, it wasn't a great throw by Manning but wow did Garcon just sit there waiting for it. Really bad performance by him all day long. Two of the interceptions Manning threw were entirely because of Garcon decisions. When they get Collie back and can bench Garcon, they'll be scary.

Uh, what?

He was down by 17 in the 4th quarter and his receiver fucks up yet again. Garcon is just not on the same page.

Ya know, Brady had the chance multiple times to completely end the Colts chances of winning the game. Yet he didn't, again and again.

When you don't come back from 17 points, that's not called choking. That's insane.

Now, not changing your sig because you're a sore loser (or in board parlay, a sorel soer) - that makes you a pretty big choke artist.

For those rational folks, it wasn't a great throw by Manning but wow did Garcon just sit there waiting for it. Really bad performance by him all day long. Two of the interceptions Manning threw were entirely because of Garcon decisions. When they get Collie back and can bench Garcon, they'll be scary.

I guess it was his WRs fault that they were down 17 points in the 4th quarter too. Or is that one on the defense? You certainly hit all the Manning fan boy talking points. It's always someone else's fault, whether it be the refs, his WRs or his defense. Of course no post is ever complete without shots at Brady(who I hate more than any other player in the NFL). The bottom line is the guy had the ball in his hands with the game on the line and he throws a horrible INT when they're already in FG range.

Maybe the reason for your Manning infatuation is that you're a Bears fan and haven't seen competent QB play in 25 years, but at least be up front about it.

Both of the teams today have awful defenses. Neither team is winning a SB this year because they're so bad on that side of the ball. NE was at home, they won. If the game was in Indy the Colts would have won. Just a fair matchup between two good but flawed teams.

I was surprised after I tuned out in the 3rd quarter that Indy even came back. They're just so mediocre in the trenches. Their offensive line sucks, they can't get more than 1-2 yards most rushes. And other than a couple pass rushes they got no penetration in the NE backfield. And they only lost by 3? I can't fathom that.

I guess it was his WRs fault that they were down 17 points in the 4th quarter too. Or is that one on the defense? You certainly hit all the Manning fan boy talking points.
Right, because if I don't agree with an idiot on the internet, I clearly must be a Manning fanboi.

Manning choked the Superbowl away. Period. He didn't do it this game.

Brady played a great game, but he didn't get first downs at the end of the game that would have sealed the deal. Period. He didn't choke the game away but he played much better in the first half than the second.

Manning's receivers dropped a lot of passes, particularly Garcon. That hurt him. He went to far more reliable ones in the second half, and it showed. And yes, a lot of them being down was because they had no running game to speak of, their defense couldn't get a stop to save their life until the Pats got conservative, and their receivers are off the practice squad.

But hey, call me a Manning fanboi. At least I don't break my bargains.

...Have you SEEN the NFC this year?

Uhh I have. Did you see a Chicago team that everyone knows their deficiencies shut down Miami, a team that is actually competitive within their own division? How about Atlanta who is balanced on both sides of the ball. Or how about the Saints, who are finally getting healthy are the defending champs?

Originally I would have said the AFC is the better conference. But I think injuries have changed that. Injuries have gutted the Colts and Steelers, and to a lesser extent the Chargers. The AFC west is a joke (hell even the NFC west is beating them fairly soundly and they're awful too) and the only teams I can take seriously in the conference are the Jets and Ravens. And the Jets still have to go to the last second to defeat teams like the Lions and Browns.

If I had to make a top 5 list of teams in the NFL right now, 3 out of 5 would be in the NFC. (list being in some order Falcons, Saints, Eagles, Patriots, Ravens)

Edit: Forgot the Jets in that list. Still wouldn't change it, since that would bump either the Pats or Ravens out, not the other 3.

Uhh I have. Did you see a Chicago team that everyone knows their deficiencies shut down Miami, a team that is actually competitive within their own division?

I'll give you Atlanta and New Orleans, but you have to have noticed that this very thread is filled with Chicago fans who are doubting their own team.

I have as much faith in Cutler as a Playoff QB as I have in Mike Vick puppysitting for me.

I'll give you Atlanta and New Orleans, but you have to have noticed that this very thread is filled with Chicago fans who are doubting their own team.

I have as much faith in Cutler as a Playoff QB as I have in Mike Vick puppysitting for me.

That's my point! The Bears are not very good! And they beat the crap out of the Dolphins. The Dolphins never had a chance. You could have given them the ball on the 1 and they still wouldn't have scored a TD. As for the injury factor, I don't care what NE fans want to say. You guys were healthy in 2007 were you not? Greatest show on earth and oh yeah you still lost. Injuries can kill seasons, and right now injuries have by far affected the AFC more. GB lost a TE, but Pitt lost their LT and the heart of their defense. The Colts have lost half their starting skill players. The Chargers have had every WR they have go down not to mention Gates playing on two bad wheels.

If you compare the injuries by conference this year the AFC has been harder hit, especially among the elite teams in the conference. The Saints and Eagles have had some minor injury problems, but the Falcons, Bucs, Seahawks (ugh), Giants and Bears have been fairly okay with them.

I think it's bizarre there's still a "Manning is a choker" contingent out there. Y'all are like flat earthers. If you're compiling all your evidence on how big of a choker Manning is, where does the 2006 Playoff Game against the Pats rate, y'know the one where he was down 21-3?

It seems to be the most amusing kind of selective logic where anytime Manning loses, he somehow chokes. In a backwards way it's the "Manning is a choker" contingent that's actually his biggest fans because they expect him to win every game. And when he doesn't it's like some personal flaw of his. We never say the same thing about a Brady or Roethlisberger team when they give up a big lead or fail to complete a 17 point come from behind victory. It's just a loss for them. But for Manning it's somehow different, it's a mark against his character. Maybe because it was against the Pats? Except, y'know, he was 5-1 against the Pats in the last 6 meetings. He'd completely reversed their mastery over him so it can't be that. Is it his failure to win more than one superbowl? That's at least a better argument but you're bringing it up during a regular season game.

But the weirdest thing is seeing this argument trotted out in a game where Manning almost led a 17 point comeback. So he choked away the first half? You've bent the word "choking" beyond all recognition to fit whatever you want it to mean rather than how the rest of the NFL fans in the world understand it.

Archived