Jon Snow Meets Undead Cat

The faceless others

I don't think unCat will kill Jon, for the simple reason that she has better prospect targets for revenge. But if she does try to justify killing him, it will be for the following reasons:

1) He, of all Ned's children, is still alive.

2) He didn't break his vows and follow Robb to war.

3) Him being named Robb's heir seems to rob her of something again.

All minor reasons yes, but who knows what a zombie thinks?

Yeah, I don't think she'd directly target Jon, but if their paths ever crossed it wouldn't take much for her to turn against him. I mean, we saw how brutal she was dealing with Brienne and that was someone who she had amicable feelings for when she was living. We can only imagine how she deals with people that were on her bad side. The trauma of her death and her current state seemed to turn up un-Cat's bitterness towards everything and everyone up to 11. She's pretty much unpredictable now.

I don't think UnCat will kill Jon, for the simple reason that she has better prospect targets for revenge. But if she does try to justify killing him, it will be for the following reasons:

Doesn’t UnCat know that Arya and Sansa are still alive?

I think Catelyn would have hated him if he had done that.

Yeah, that could be a problem :D

I don’t think they will encounter at all. If they did, it would be pretty intense. Catelyn Stark would never kill Jon, but UnCat is full of hatred and rage and doesn’t seem to be picky about her victims.

• 5 weeks later...

Feels like anything can happen. If they meet again...

Outcome 1 - Cat might soften somehow since Jon is one of the only few connections left to Ned Stark. They look similar, so in grief, she might relax a little.

Outcome 2 - She just won't give a damn and ignore him altogether, or pretend to not recgonize him etc.

Outcome 3 - If she finds out that Jon was offered to be the heir of winterfell, she might get pissy at that. And like it was mentioned prior, she could feel like she felt cheated on and resent Jon tremendously - the 'Why did this bastard get to survive, when all my trueblood children are dead/allegedly dead?' mentality. (She witnessed Robb dying, she thinks Bran and Rickon were killed, and Arya's/Sansa's disapearance may indicate that they are gone too)

-> In a related note to this, she DID wish Jon was dead at one point. Back when Bran was terribly injured from his fall and laying in bed, Catelyn had outright told Jon that she wished it had been him who fell. Who knows, could have been an indication of events to come? If she tries to kill/punish Jon as Uncat, she offer to toss him over a great distance.

Now who knows what the actual outcome may be in retrospect, since Jon Snow might be his under his own version of (ADWD)

being undead, or somehow survived the whole stabbing attack overall

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Catelyn hated Jon, just like Cersei despised Tyrion.

Catelyn feared that Jon was a threat to her children, Bastards were known to bring nothing but trouble.

Tywin mistrusted bastards and Randa Royce said something similar to Alayne Stone. Falia Flowers had her half sisters serving the Ironmen naked and watched as they were raped while her father was tied in a chair. The blackfyre rebellion ended years after it begun. There are more than enough reasons to hate and mistrust bastards. On the other hand, Jaime Lannister adores his bastard cousin Joy Hill and doesn't want to see her harmed. Edrik Storm and Mya Stone seem really nice. Arianne Martell thinks of the Sand Snakes as sisters.

When Robb told Cat that he wanted Jon to be his heir she said that Jon was as bad as Theon if not worst. When Jaime mentions that Jon Snow is Lord Commander on the Wall the Blackfish replied that Cat never trusted the boy and had a good reason.

While Bran was in a coma, Cat told Jon that it should have been him instead and the worst thing is that Jon truly loved Bran.

If Uncat ever meets Jon she will kill him, just because he, the bastard is alive and her sons are dead. If he doesn't kill her first of course.

Uncat isn't Catelyn Stark anymore. Just an empty, soulless vessel of vengeance.

Uncat won't think rationally and probably try to kill Jon not because of rational reasons like Jon being a threat to her children's claim, but because she'd remember her feelings about him and would be filled with nothing other than loathing.

A few things:

I saw her reaction to Brienne and how the BWB is hanging first and not asking too many questions.

Jon is still Lord Commander and I think for him to have a shot it will have to come to her attention that he gave up the offer of Winterfell and is fighting and standing up for other things or she is reminded somehow that he loves his brothers and sisters and if somehow word gets out that Sansa or Arya and the boys are alive and Jon decided to find them or help them, she might waver at this point now. (I don't see how this would happen, but I am keeping my fingers crossed.)

If Jon, as some say, might be resurrected by Mel, would this make a difference to Uncat? Not sure here.

But....big but....if she thinks all of her children are dead...she may remember that Ned loved him, and she may think that Jon is still Ned's or she may even find out who is mother is and father is, and not feel threatened and really unless Jon gets in her way, why kill him? She may even still want to kill him, but the memory of Ned stops her and she begrudingly halts it. Very dramatic but...

But all in all, I think her love for Ned will prevent this if it came to that. She still remembers some things. Not sure she could live with killing someone Ned cared for and loved, even if she goes on thinking it is his son or it turns out Ned is his uncle, which would make her even less likely to off him.

Lots of speculation, but so much was made of Cat's resentment of Jon in the series, and he turned out to be so different from what she thought, that I would think their issues would have to be addressed somehow.

Uncat isn't Catelyn Stark anymore. Just an empty, soulless vessel of vengeance.

Uncat won't think rationally and probably try to kill Jon not because of rational reasons like Jon being a threat to her children's claim, but because she'd remember her feelings about him and would be filled with nothing other than loathing.

UnCat is completely rational as far as we can see. Sure, she's ruthless, but that's a different thing altogether. She's successfully been in charge of the BWB for months, evading all the enemies and catching even Lord Frey's heir, her plan to get Jaime through Brienne is rational and smart.

She isn't just "vessel of vengeance" either. The BWB are organising and protecting an prphanage at the Crossroads Inn, she's still seeking Arya and Sansa,ec.

UnCat is completely rational as far as we can see. her plan to get Jaime through Brienne is rational and smart.

:(

You do realise she tried to kill Brienne and possibly killed two others just for hanging out with Brienne? It was only because Brienne used her safety word that she DIDN'T get killed by Uncat.

AFTER that I suppose Uncat realised she could get her cold dead hands around Jaime's neck, probably because Brienne promised she'd bring him to her.

I don't call that particulairly rational. She didn't exactly put Brienne on the bench in front of a group of peers to judge her after weighing the evidence in a trial.

:(

You do realise she tried to kill Brienne and possibly killed two others just for hanging out with Brienne? It was only because Brienne used her safety word that she DIDN'T get killed by Uncat.

AFTER that I suppose Uncat realised she could get her cold dead hands around Jaime's neck, probably because Brienne promised she'd bring him to her.

I don't call that particulairly rational. She didn't exactly put Brienne on the bench in front of a group of peers to judge her after weighing the evidence in a trial.

It's Westeros. Brienne got more of a chance to explain herself than most people charged with crimes in this series. We are not talking about a modern legal system here or anything close to it.

There was plenty of evidence that Brienne was a traitor. The letter from the King, the Valyrian sword, etc. She still got a chance to prove she wasn't, by killing Jaime, which she refused at first. In such situation 95% of the Westeros population would've executed Brienne if they were in the place of UnCat. It's completely normal by their standards, nothing irrational about it.

Hyle was an enemy of the BWB who worked for Randyll, the guy who was hanging BWB members and trying to destroy the organisation them at all cost. Pod fought for the Lannisters in the war. Harsh - sure, but not irrational, and none of them was executed for "hanging out with Brienne".

It's Westeros. Brienne got more of a chance to explain herself than most people charged with crimes in this series. We are not talking about a modern legal system here or anything close to it.

There was plenty of evidence that Brienne was a traitor. The letter from the King, the Valyrian sword, etc. She still got a chance to prove she wasn't, by killing Jaime, which she refused at first. In such situation 95% of the Westeros population would've executed Brienne if they were in the place of UnCat. It's completely normal by their standards, nothing irrational about it.

Hyle was an enemy of the BWB who worked for Randyll, the guy who was hanging BWB members and trying to destroy the organisation them at all cost. Pod fought for the Lannisters in the war. Harsh - sure, but not irrational, and none of them was executed for "hanging out with Brienne".

It's Westeros not a post apocalyptic New York, there are still laws and rules. LS is not Catelyn Stark, as a previous poster mentioned, she is like the pet cemetery.

Catelyn Stark released her prisoner Tyrion after his champion won. LS has not been just to Brienne and her companions, she is not Lord Beric. Dondarrion was a Robin Hood figure, loyal to King Robert. LS only wants revenge, Thoros admits that he doesn't approove of her actions. Besides Brienne, Pod and Hyle were in a mission to find Sansa and keep her protected. Neither Cersei nor Tywin were aware of this.

95% of the population doesn't care about Lannisters or Starks or their bannermen. They worry about the upcoming winter.

5% that actually care are either Lannisters or Starks or their bannermen. Commoners can hardly tell the difference between lions, wolves or trouts, perhaps they prefer capons.

Rationality has nothing to do with LS. Lord Beric wanted to give food to the smallfolk, LS wants revenge. Perhaps she deserves it, perhaps not but this is an entirely different matter. For the BWB anyone who isn't them is the enemy and this is not rational. But they are outlaws, their leader is a walking corpse., who can blame them?

Well, I don't think that Lady Stoneheart would try and have Jon killed if they meet.

And technically, she is not a walking corpse. She is alive. In pretty rough shape with some psychological issues, but she was resurrected, not zombified.

I suppose she would be hard to reason with, but I just can't see her ordering Jon killed.

It's not post apocalyptic New York, but it is post war Westeros where a lot of f*ed up shit (magical and mundane) has gone down.

It's Westeros not a post apocalyptic New York, there are still laws and rules. LS is not Catelyn Stark, as a previous poster mentioned, she is like the pet cemetery.

Catelyn Stark released her prisoner Tyrion after his champion won. LS has not been just to Brienne and her companions, she is not Lord Beric. Dondarrion was a Robin Hood figure, loyal to King Robert. LS only wants revenge, Thoros admits that he doesn't approove of her actions. Besides Brienne, Pod and Hyle were in a mission to find Sansa and keep her protected. Neither Cersei nor Tywin were aware of this.

95% of the population doesn't care about Lannisters or Starks or their bannermen. They worry about the upcoming winter.

5% that actually care are either Lannisters or Starks or their bannermen. Commoners can hardly tell the difference between lions, wolves or trouts, perhaps they prefer capons.

Rationality has nothing to do with LS. Lord Beric wanted to give food to the smallfolk, LS wants revenge. Perhaps she deserves it, perhaps not but this is an entirely different matter. For the BWB anyone who isn't them is the enemy and this is not rational. But they are outlaws, their leader is a walking corpse., who can blame them?

Are you talking about the same Beric who was hanging everyone he captured except those who managed to beat him in a trial by battle, which considering he was a top class knight, were very few people who in the only case we saw were guilty y their own admission? I prefer UnCat's justice, at least it doesn't rely on how good you are with a sword.

And Catelyn didn't release Tyrion, Lysa did.

Are you talking about the same Beric who was hanging everyone he captured except those who managed to beat him in a trial by battle, which considering he was a top class knight, were very few people who in the only case we saw were guilty y their own admission? I prefer UnCat's justice, at least it doesn't rely on how good you are with a sword.

And Catelyn didn't release Tyrion, Lysa did.

Catelyn brought Tyrion to Lysa, he deserved a fair trial and he won. Catelyn could not object to his release. If she wanted she could have him killed but that would be wrong, even a Lannister deserves a fair trial. By all means you can prefer Uncat over Lord Beric, Dondarrion took charge in a turbulent period during the war of the five kings and brought justice and most importantly food to the smallfolk. Uncat only wants revenge. I doubt that Beric would hang Pod, Hyle and Brienne. Most certainly he would hear to what Brienne had to say instead of dismissing her as Jaine Lannister's whore. The BWB under Lord Beric was about being an outlaw, under LS they are acting as gracefully as Amory Lorch and Gregor Clegane.

Sometimes I get the impression that certain fans judge characters according to Stannis Baratheon's code of honour.

I would love to see Jon Stark The King in the North come face to face with unCat....

That would be priceless especially if Jon continues to look more like Ned and if was named by the Northern bannerman.

I think I'd like to see this moment through Jon's POV because I think it would make him very saddened to see what the war cost his father's family. His sibling's mother is a vengeful zombie and to his knowledge only 'Arya' is alive. Sansa is in the wind.

It would be a very tense moment especially as unCat would see the bastard with the name Stark and Robb's crown. I could totally see her losing it....like completely

Frist reason, most likely. Second reason, at least likely. I think Cat would made Robb kill Jon for deserting NW and she would be really happy. Second reason, only if he got lands or titles equal or bigger then Winterfell or Kingship of North.

• 2 years later...

Archived