Is Robb still alive?

Whatever

4 points.

1. If lamb leg was merely used to remind of the HoU prophecy why Manderly always held and not Robb.

2. Hooded man in Winterfell.

3. Something weird going on in Winterfell crypts.

4. Frey's tell about Robb turning into a wolf.... too weird of a lie. Why invent such elaborate lie when you can tell a simple one.

As much as we would all love him to still be alive, he is dead. Although, I do believe him warging into Grey Wind may hold some truth as it is quite an elaborate lie to make up but I don't think we will find out it is too small a detail to have any effect on the plot in the remaining two books.

Hopefully Wyman Manderly will have his revenge and find Rickon and crown him Lord of Winterfell!

As much as we would all love him to still be alive, he is dead. Although, I do believe him warging into Grey Wind may hold some truth as it is quite an elaborate lie to make up but I don't think we will find out it is too small a detail to have any effect on the plot in the remaining two books.

Hopefully Wyman Manderly will have his revenge and find Rickon and crown him Lord of Winterfell!

Because trees can't be lords.

As far as we know.

I agree. I'm don't think I'd like to see Robb come back to life....

...but I can't help but think something fishy is going on. When a character dies, they're dead. You see Ned's head, you smell Robert's wound, you see Lysa fly out of the moondoor, you hear the thunk of Viserys golden head on the floor, you see Tywin slap back on the stone loo. Whenever a death happens out of sight, something isn't right. GRRM is too particular about every single detail to leave that door open.

I agree. I'm don't think I'd like to see Robb come back to life....

...but I can't help but think something fishy is going on. When a character dies, they're dead. You see Ned's head, you smell Robert's wound, you see Lysa fly out of the moondoor, you hear the thunk of Viserys golden head on the floor, you see Tywin slap back on the stone loo. Whenever a death happens out of sight, something isn't right. GRRM is too particular about every single detail to leave that door open.

I know what you mean, Brienne was "hanged" until she wasn't, Davos had no head or hands until he did and Beric Dondarrion died a hundred deaths and was still alive.

Robb is pretty thoroughly killed in Catelyn's POV. Repeatedly shot and finally stabbed through the chest.

That's all quite different from the reported death of Davos witnessed by a Frey who was looking at a head and hand mounted on spikes after they had been dipped in tar.

What do you mean? Catelyn witnesses Robb being repeatedly shot and then hears Roose Bolton say 'Jaime Lannister sends his regards' and sees him stab Robb through the chest.

The only thing we don't see and is only reported to us is the removal of his head and grey wind's being stitched on.

What do you mean? Catelyn witnesses Robb being repeatedly shot and then hears Roose Bolton say 'Jaime Lannister sends his regards' and sees him stab Robb through the chest.

The only thing we don't see and is only reported to us is the removal of his head and grey wind's being stitched on.

I agree Lummel

However.......i always thought it was odd that Cat begged for Robbs life at the end. He already had three quarrels in him i believe. Three crossbow quarrels, extremely powerful and from close range. He should be dead already

Rooses involvement means robbs definately dead. Id love if he wasnt, really would but he is. The only slightly plausable alternative is that he warged GW and then the Westerling who dived into the river

Why not parade the body then? Why not have the head on a spike to show all that he is definitely dead. Why go through the mummery of sewing GW to his body if not to distract from the real truth? Just seems a little iffy....

Jon has been stabbed numerous times at the end of ADWD but I can't help but think we've not seen the end of him either...

I really wanted this thread to have something convincing, I hated the Red Wedding and Robb was awesome.

I think what you've spotted is just Martin's fixation with food though, we saw Roose stab Robb and the disrespect for Robb's corpse fits with the Frey's revenge motive to be honest.

Why not parade the body then? Why not have the head on a spike to show all that he is definitely dead. Why go through the mummery of sewing GW to his body if not to distract from the real truth? Just seems a little iffy....

Jon has been stabbed numerous times at the end of ADWD but I can't help but think we've not seen the end of him either...

Jon, I'll excuse if he turns out to be living. Bringing Robb back to life, though, would be unforgivable. You don't kill off a character that awesome and then decide that he wasn't dead after all. From a meta perspective, it's a travesty, and it's pretty obvious from Catelyn's POV that he's most definitely dead. For them, sewing his direwolf's head to his body would be more humiliating than putting Robb's head on a spike, and due to the aforementioned sewing, GW is dead too, making it impossible for Robb to warg into him and escape. This may just be wishful thinking where I'm closing my eyes to the stark reality of Robb being obviously alive, but I don't think it's possible and if it is, I really hope GRRM steers clear of this.

But where are his bones? Mel says the "bones remember". If that is true, his bones might be important, just as Ned's bones have disappeared along with Robb's will. Maybe Howland Reed is collecting Stark memorabalia. Just teasing.

Now - help me understand this. In V6S's POV, before he wargs One Eye and after he wargs the Spearwife, he goes down into the heart tree, looks through its carved eyes, goes down to roots, earth, water, etc. Then he wargs One-Eye.

So, is Robb in the trees now, since he followed the faith of the old gods? Will his "spirit" reside in a raven, like Bran mentions? He senses another soul in the birds he rides.

Since we're sharing weird ideas out of boredom, how about the ravens being the deliverers of spirits to the bones or remains of the Stark bones when the ward on the Wall and WF crypts are broken.

Decapitating is nasty. I just rewatched Sweeney Todd: the Demon Barber of Fleet Street. They show lots of close shaves with fountains of blood and lots of blood spatter. Where did Robb's blood go?

Was there a godswood at the Towers? I can't recall.

Just thought I'd share some of my off-the-wall thoughts. :dunno:

I agree Lummel

However.......i always thought it was odd that Cat begged for Robbs life at the end. He already had three quarrels in him i believe. Three crossbow quarrels, extremely powerful and from close range. He should be dead already...

Catelyn is understandably desperate and her desperation gives her a wild optimism. See she tries to ransom Robb with Jinglebells? Robb seems to accept he is dying even before Roose steps in.

The Freys do parade the body - but we don't have a POV to witness it. But we do have a POV see him die.

ETA having Robb survive is even worse in my opinion than Syrio being alive. Both would ruin extremely fine, dramatic and moving parts of the book.

Don't worry Robb is alive and fine. Robert, Ned, Syrio, Renly, Drogo and all the other cool "dead" people are also alive. They used their pretend deaths to escape their normal lives because they were bored. The all now live in a massive palace in Qarth which is a 24/7 party town. They've invited Stannis, Jaime and JonConnor-ington too.

Archived