Poison Trailer

Westeros

Nah, you can see

burning curtains wrapped around the figure, it has to be Othor not Rickard Stark.

Plus, technically (another reason it's definitely the scene mentioned):

Rickard was roasted in his armor, not set aflame.

Nice trailer. The 'eye rocks' creep me out a little every time I see them, so good job there! :lol:

Wait, I thought Lysa Arryn was meant to be a fatty.

I love this change, TBH. I can't imagine a fat Lysa being better than the skeletal one we see here. Either way shows that she has lost the ability or inclination to take care of herself - in her case, because her grip on reality is so tenuous that she can't see how grotesque she has become. But obesity would imply degeneration based on greed, based on enjoying the pleasures of life too much - see Robert Baratheon. The show's Lysa is withered like her withered soul, retreated from society, from the pleasures of life, and from reality itself.

Couple things:

1. Is that Sunspear in the beginning (very first scene)? If so, that looks awesome.

2. The last voiceover says something about "I know the truth ... dies for", who dies for it and what the hell is it.

1. King's Landing.

2. I believe Ned is saying "I know the truths Jon Arryn died for." Don't know how to do spoilers yet so won't say what the truth is here.

Ran,

can you give something away about of Varys from the episodes you have seen? He really seems to be as determined and hard if need be in the scenes we have seen until now, but what about his over-subtlety and hints? What about his disguises? The Rugen persona seems to be just, well, Varys with different clothes on. Pretty much everybody who had ever seen his face should recognize him while wearing this particular outfit (including the audience, of course).

I admit that I really got interested in this guy not just because he has an agenda of his own, or because he was very clever, but because he really did unexpected strange things... Is this still in the series? If not, well, then Varys won't be as interesting to me anymore...

Oh, and you said there was a terrific new scene between Varys and Littlefinger in the show? Was the tidbit of the scene between Petyr and Varys where Varys discussed Cat with him from that scene? I actually found that to be a little too much, as Varys really seemed to threaten Littlefinger outright in there...

Lysa should have been fat in my opinion. Her whole complexion and character including Littlefinger's 'ugly woman' quip plays with that, and in the end it's often so that a very fat woman is physically more repulsive than a skinny one. Although I admit that skinny women can be scary and mad as well ;-).

Archived