Would Daenerys find John Snow attractive?

CornCornSnow

I suppose that if Jon grows a beard, dyes it bright blue, pull out a couple of front teeth and replace them with golden ones so they could gleam in the scarce sunlight at The Wall, replace the wolf pommel of Longclaw for a pair of naked women in wanton positions, stops favoring black for brighter colors (he could look refer to a peacock as inspiration) and pimps out Ghost so he could be more colored too instead of a boring white then the guy might actually have a fighting chance. The whole douche bag attitude...well he'll have to practice on that one. You don't acquire such level of douchness over night.

I suppose that if Jon grows a beard, dyes it bright blue, pull out a couple of front teeth and replace them with golden ones so they could gleam in the scarce sunlight at The Wall, replace the wolf pommel of Longclaw for a pair of naked women in wanton positions, stops favoring black for brighter colors (he could look refer to a peacock as inspiration) and pimps out Ghost so he could be more colored too instead of a boring white then the guy might actually have a fighting chance. The whole douche bag attitude...well he'll have to practice on that one. You don't acquire such level of douchness over night.

Or just to go bare chested (she's totally worth a little frost bite), braid his hair with bells, and bend Longclaw into a curve (Jorah would have scored long ago if he'd just done that).

I don't seem to recall many comments on Jon Snow's attractiveness, but he does seem memorable/make an impact on the people he meets. Maybe its his looks, maybe his personality, maybe a combo of both?

Jon's attractiveness is a very serious topic. As "Is Jon handsome?" thread reached 400 posts, we should start Is Jon handsome v.2 in this subforum.

Well, every other character with breasts he has met since getting to the Wall has fallen for him: Sam, Ygritte, Val, Mel, Alys, even Shireen was flustered when they first met. I'm starting to think that Jon's Stark looks favor Brandon and Lyanna more so than average Ned. (Which makes me wonder, would Cat be more angry if Jon looked like Ned or her first love?)

Sometimes, it seems like Daenerys's entire story arc is about every man in the world trying to get with her. Barristan could be the only exception. I think I'd like Jon to turn her down.

Tell me, how has Val and Melisandre "fallen" for him? Mel does show some sort of interest in him, but not really sexual.

Tell me, how has Val and Melisandre "fallen" for him? Mel does show some sort of interest in him, but not really sexual.

Mel's pretty obsessed with him, although it's not clear whether its sexual/prophetical/magical/practical. She does try to seduce him to have shadow babies with her though if that counts for sexual.

But yes, Mel is unhealthily obsessed with him throughout ADWD.

ETA: And Val pretty much openly hits on him/propositions Jon when he's sending her to go get Tormund. "Oh Jon, how ever can I repay you for all this..." you know that kind of thing.

“You are not cold, my lady?” he asked her.

She laughed. “Never.” The ruby at her throat seemed to pulse, in time with the beating of her heart. “The Lord’s fire lives within me, Jon Snow. Feel.” She put her hand on his cheek, and held it there while he felt how warm she was. “That is how life should feel,” she told him.

“Only death is cold.”

This is their first meeting, and he's already touching his face.

“It’s you who are forgetting,” King Stannis replied.

Melisandre put a warm hand on Jon’s arm. “A king can remove the taint of bastardy with a stroke, Lord Snow.”

She likes touching Jon.

“Jon.” Melisandre was so close he could feel the warmth of her breath.

She likes getting invading his personal space.

As they stepped out into the yard, the wind filled Jon’s cloak and sent it flapping against her. The red priestess brushed the black wool aside and slipped her arm through his.

She really likes touching Jon!

She gazed at Ghost. “May I touch your … wolf?”

Creepy.

“I can show you.” Melisandre draped one slender arm over Ghost, and the direwolf licked her face. “The Lord of Light in his wisdom made us male and female, two parts of a greater whole.

Super creepy.

Food. Yes, I should eat. Some days she forgot. R’hllor provided her with all the nourishment her body needed, but that was something best concealed from mortal men.

It was Jon Snow she needed, not fried bread and bacon, but it was no use sending Devan to the lord commander. He would not come to her summons.

“Take the heads and burn them. Leave nothing but bare bone.”

Only then did he seem to notice Melisandre. “My lady. Walk with me, if you would.”

At last. “If it please the lord commander.”

As they walked beneath the Wall, she slipped her arm through his. Morgan and Merrel went before them, Ghost came prowling at their heels. The priestess did not speak, but she slowed her pace

deliberately, and where she walked the ice began to drip. He will not fail to notice that.

She walked as close to Jon Snow as she dared, close enough to feel the mistrust pouring off him like a black fog. He does not love me, will never love me, but he will make use of me. Well and good. Melisandre had danced the same dance with Stannis Baratheon, back in the beginning.

I think the weird sexual tension here is clear.

As for Val, she sort of flirts with him when he sends her off to find Tormund, but it's not clear whether or not that's just how she is, or if it's a ploy, or what. It's not like Melisandre where she seems super obssessed.

To be fair, with Mel is difficult to determine if her obsession with Jon is because of his looks or personality or if it is fueled by her desire to make shadow babies with him. She mentioned at one point that Jon had power in him but didn't want to embrace it. She might think that with Jon's ehem collaboration she will be able to produce something like the ultimate shadowbaby.

To be fair, with Mel is difficult to determine if her obsession with Jon is because of his looks or personality or if it is fueled by her desire to make shadow babies with him. She mentioned at one point that Jon had power in him but didn't want to embrace it. She might think that with Jon's ehem collaboration she will be able to produce something like the ultimate shadowbaby.

And who says you cant produce shadow babies for love?

Archived